[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is reality just the movement of eternal fundamental particles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: babby's first greek.jpg (16 KB, 220x294) Image search: [Google]
babby's first greek.jpg
16 KB, 220x294
Is reality just the movement of eternal fundamental particles?
>>
>>28641156
As far as anyone should be concerned, yes; there is no point dwelling on unfalsifiable, mystic conceptions of reality.
/thread
>>
>>28641156
Trips are not fundamental to existence. Now get the fuck out
>>
Depends on how you define reality.
>>
>>28642120
How would you define reality that anything other than the material world could possibly be included with any degree of certainty?
>>
>>28642168

You could easily argue that concepts are real but not based in the material world. e.g. you can show me one cat or one apple but you can't show me "one".
>>
>>28641156

Is reality?
>>
>>28642120
I defined your mom's reality last night.
>>
>>28642300
I'd be content in saying that "concepts" are, to some degree, material things. If our entire being, including the consciousness that we use to experience these concepts, is just the result of particles interacting with each other, then concepts, thoughts, ideas, etc. are nothing more than some particles reacting to other particles.
>>
File: aaaa.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>yfw there is no reason for the particles of our universe to have any different momentum, charge, or location after the next cycle of the big bounce
>yfw this isnt the first time you lived this life and it wont be the last
>>
>>28641156
Is your statement true, false, or impossible to prove?
>>
>>28641156
Not when you introduce entropy. Then it's the inconceivably long march to that long long dark.

A metaphor for life really.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.