[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abled bodied robots at below the age of 25, why don't you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 13
File: 1463453486796.gif (446 KB, 499x408) Image search: [Google]
1463453486796.gif
446 KB, 499x408
Abled bodied robots at below the age of 25, why don't you just join the Military?
If things are going sour and you feel you can't make it just join the military and try to get back on your feet.
>>
I don't do well with any kind of authority. couldn't even handle the education system. I'm not saying I'm an anarchist or think we shouldn't have authority though.
>>
I've been in a psych ward and I'd probably end up shooting myself anyway
>>
>>28640454
Because I'm already 24 and kinda out of shape.
>>
I tried to join the Navy and quit a week before graduating. They thought I was fucking crazy, and maybe I was.

Truth is I just didn't feel like being associated with the government based on the shit I was doing there.

And I am a major pussy so, I can't believe I even made it that far. My RDCs didn't really play by the rules, it was harder than some people would think... like the only way it could get harder is if they physically attacked me.
>>
>>28640454
>below the age of 25
Holy fuck is that the limit, time's running out
>>
>>28640454
Im already working on it even though I have a nice job with benefits. Its always been in the back of my mind so Im about to save up for a cool minute and just do it.
>>
File: 30.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
I've been dreaming about it for a few years now, but it's a big decision to make and it kinda scares me.
>>
One step ahead of you. I joined the navy and I actually just graduated my "A" school today.
>>
because i dont want to be a slave of the war pig fucks
>>
i would seriously consider joining the military if it wasn't for the fact that there's no fucking way they would let me in
i just want an excuse to throw my life away and maybe take a few fuckers with me
>>
File: 1457618101122.jpg (165 KB, 800x551) Image search: [Google]
1457618101122.jpg
165 KB, 800x551
>>28640454
I'm trying, but im somewhat psychically weak, i cam barely do pushups
>>
>>28640680

Nah, 29 for the Marines, 35 for navy and air force and 41 for army.
>>
My dream was to join the Marines and hopefully die in battle or come back having killed a bunch of sand niggers. I got shot with no perm damage but there are bullet fragments all over. Also been to the psych ward twice but I went voluntary. Also on neetbucks for mental health. I would be dq'd at Meps on the first question or examination.
>>
>>28640454
I have a hard time with neurotypical people and am not particularly proud to serve for the interest of the MIC and Jews during peacetime. If it's wartime, then that's a different story.
>>
because we aren't even active in Iraq or Afghanistan and those conflicts were too low intensity for me to consider joining. I will join the armed forces when there is a 100% chance I will get to blast someone, not walk/ride around all day for months waiting to get my balls blown into my throat.
>>
>>28640454
They don't let in people with a history of mental illness
>>
File: 1463406891718.png (517 KB, 1248x1113) Image search: [Google]
1463406891718.png
517 KB, 1248x1113
>>28640617
that's, wow a week before graduation?
well hey if you thought it was the best decision during the time then hey it works.
>>28640560
you have at least a few months bro
>>28640555
you'll probably need a waiver if you were ever in a psych ward
>>28640535
understandable, but they could probably drill authority into you.

>>28640680
tick tock
>>28640726
yeah working and saving up some dough is a real good cushion anon
>>28640748
don't be afraid, just try to get a non-combat MOS if you really want to go
>>28640764
Nice!
>>28640828
fuck off antifa
>>28640870
you can always Lie
but seriously don't be a reckless fuck and endanger your fellow soldiers if you just want to go down in a blaze of glory
>>28640918
Same, all I can do is 50 pushups, but my core is weak as fuck and my back starts hurting real bad
>>
>>28640918
also i forgot add that i haven't called my army recruiter back in 2 months, will he reply?
>>
I have horrible social anxiety and I'm a grill
>>
i'd rather stay at home than serve the jew
>>
I have a friend in the army and it sounds horrible. Even he hates it. Just a lot of stupid mandrama bullshit. Like a college frat...but the military...
>>
>>28640555

Same senpai, I am disqualified since I have been in a psych ward
>>
>>28641024
i also have an old high school friend that's in the army, and he said that he got to fuck this girl in his unit. i hope to fuck a girl in the army too
>>
Because I'm mentally ill and they won't take me, you homosexual.
>>
>>28640454
This is the plan if college doesn't work out. Always liked feeling like a part of something greater than myself. Plus nearly the entire rest of the males in my family were in the military at some point, so it would make sense.
>>
>>28640454
There is conscription in my country. I got drafted, but was considered too unhealthy for military service. And that's lucky for me. Military service here is hell.
>>
I tried to when I was 17, but was permanently disqualified for being born with an undescended testicle.

It sucks because I had no other plan after high school besides the Army.
>>
>>28641024
>mandrama bullshit
Why can't normies just mind their business even in the military.
>>
why is it wrong to tell someone to kill themselves but it's okay to tell them to join the army?
>>
I'm European, is it as retardedly easy to get into the army as in America ?
>>
File: 1462274438803.png (47 KB, 318x317) Image search: [Google]
1462274438803.png
47 KB, 318x317
>>28640967
>don't be afraid, just try to get a non-combat MOS if you really want to go

It's not the combat that scares me. It's the fact that it's a multi year commitment that you can't back out of. It's not like applying at McDonald's where you can quit after a few weeks if you hate it.

I also have a question. Is the job selection more limited if I don't have a degree? I only have high school but went to university for a few years then dropped out. Would I be stuck with a shitty job if I joined?
>>
>>28641330
do euros get to kill as much arabs as 'mericans?
>>
>>28640955
You're guaranteed some action if you go SEALs or airborne infantry. It looks like we'll be wrapped up in these conflicts for the foreseeable future.

Heck, we just sent some guys to Yemen the other day.

Stay off weed, keep healthy, avoid political rallies, sign the right contract and you'll be set.
>>
>>28641358
I'm French so yes
>>
>>28641181

Why? Medfag here so somewhat curious
>>
File: denis_alex_mort_somalie_shebab.jpg (46 KB, 605x270) Image search: [Google]
denis_alex_mort_somalie_shebab.jpg
46 KB, 605x270
>>28641390
I'm really sorry about your frog sf that was killed by mudslimes
>>
>>28641437
A couple other ones died in Mali last month, their vehicle blew up on a mine, always sad when this happens
>>
help me max the marine pft
>>
>>28640454
Plan on it this coming winter season.
>>
>>28640454
I have shitty teeth and I'm so scrawny I don't even know if the army could save me. I have thought about it though.
>>
>>28641480

Train pullups and pushups 3x a week
>>
>>28641409
It's some sort of policy apparently. I'm not sure why
>>
>>28641561
they'd rather have two balls to suck on
>>
Heavy smoker with asthma, cant run 5 minutes, wouldnt make it. If i can quit i will get on that shit
>>
>>28641181
How did they find out? Do they look at your dick in the army?
>>
I live in the uk, I know the murricans have a good life, but I don't think its the same if you're a brit.
>>
File: 1460695996145.png (14 KB, 384x346) Image search: [Google]
1460695996145.png
14 KB, 384x346
>>28641652
>His military doesn't have a penis inspection day
>>
>>28641670
Buddy served for 8 years in the Marines. He said they would do a lot of gay shit. See how long you could last with a bunch of rubber bands around your nuts while everybody watched them turn purple. Put hot sauce up each other's asses. I guess the military draws in closet gay Chads.
>>
Being in the military is being a cuck for the government. You have to suck your superior officer's dick, you have to go fight your government's aka Israel's retarded and pointless wars, you could die, and even if you don't you'll probably come home as a depressed alcoholic whose wife/gf >implying you'll have a gf has been fucking Chad since day one of your deployment.
>>
>>28641652
I never made it to MEPS. It was on my medical records and I disclosed it to my recruiter.

I'm sure they do check your genitals when you get to MEPS
>>
>>28641772
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LksYTLJpVE
>>
>>28640454
Able bodied and well capable, but I have borderline autism which auto disqualifies me
>>
>>28641772
Sounds accurate enough.

Armyfag here, military is one of the easiest occupations to ride off and sham the government out of some retirement checks. Just choose a job like a desk clerk, or a cook. You can be as fat as you want as long as you can occasionally get yelled at and do unit "physical training."

If you wanna do bullshit all day and get fucked with for 70% of your time join the infantry.
>>
File: 2QhsPgq.png (840 KB, 1080x1055) Image search: [Google]
2QhsPgq.png
840 KB, 1080x1055
>you will never fly over the jungle in a huey firing at viet cong with your M16, smoking a joint and listening to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8
>>
Working on the able bodied part right now because I really am fucking aimless in life and my family had done well in the military in the past.

I need to go find some 180bpm music so I can get a feel for an eight minute mile pace.
>>
>>28641331

No, the ASVAB you take before hand will open you up to all the jobs you're qualified for based on that test. It's super fucking easy and there aren't any jobs in the army that really require much more thought process than, " is this going to piss someone off?"
>>
>>28640957
Bullshit. I got in the Marine Corps with history of depression and SSRi's.

Depends on how bad they need numbers (Iraq and Afghanistan were still going at the time I enlisted).

Protip: They also can't check your medical record.
>>
>>28640940
>War criminal

Greetings from Sadr city.
>>
File: YPG fighters 2.jpg (143 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
YPG fighters 2.jpg
143 KB, 620x413
Dont join the military if you arent aiming for (and make a realistic chance of being able to get into) a special operations unit. Regular units dont do anything, you might "guard" (aka stand on guard duty with your rifle in your hand doing fuck all) a base somewhere overseas, but you most likely will be garrisonned (aka doing fuck all).

If you really want to fight, the only option right now is the YPG in Syria. They are directly supported by the US and have almost 1000 US personnel embedded with them. Many veterans have joined and so far have done nothing but praise them. Also really easy to get into, you dont have a lot of training and can immediately get deployed to hot zones on the frontlines if you want to.
>>
should i be a submarine officer, naval aviator (10 year commitment) or go for marines OCS?
>>
>>28640454
Fuck imperialist wars, that's why.
>>
The military is loaded with Chads and failed alpha wannabes. That's the last place a robot should be.

Getting literally screamed at by some drill instructor and then hazed and ostracized by the other soldiers. Seems socially like it'd just be returning to hs.
>>
>>28642364
Why'd you join the army, and what is your rank?
>>
File: 1460587523950.gif (1005 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1460587523950.gif
1005 KB, 180x180
That's a good goy, fight proudly for Zio- I mean, America!
>>
>>28640454
>killing people for the government

Low IQ detected.

Here is what you sound like

>yus sergent, i will listen to you and lick your boots, then because i don't value my life more than some abstraction called the government I am going to go march into machine gun fire and run over an IED in my hummy!
>>
>>28640454
>risking life and limb to protect the corrupt decadent normie society.

Nah fuck that. Its better to get comfy and watch the world burn.
>>
>>28643469
>>28643567
>>28643608
>the only jobs in the military are combat roles

Mental infants.
>>
>>28643735
>Mental infants.

If you support the military, any military, in any way then you are still supporting the meat grinder. Babby ethics, who's the infantile mind now? You don't seem to have a problem with it so I suppose you are a normie who watches football and loves his goburment.
>>
>>28643735
>our military isn't being manipulated into supporting Israel

Mental infant.
>>
self-mutilation scars, wouldn't get through MEPS
>>
>>28642962
>can't check medical record
Really? Is this the case in countries that aren't America? I saw an article where a Canadian kid was denied because he has a history of anxiety. He checked a box on the application for that.
>>
>>28643803
>he's too stupid to take advantage of the easy as shit gubment jobs that literally will get handed to you on a silver platter
>>28643817
>da joos
>>
>>28640454

Was going to. I needed a job. I was homeless. I went, passed everything even got a couple college credits that were needed(because ged) got sworn in in 08. Fucked my leg up in an accident before basic, put in some kind of medical lock.

Mind you this was all after my recruiter lost my enlistment packet 3 times.
>>
>>28643856
also I'm not cutting my hair
>multiple years of effort down the drain so that I can look just like the chads who will be yelling at me and putting rubber bands on my dick
nty
>>
>>28643890
>he will support blind imperialism for money
>>
>>28643890
If you saw a man who did anything for money would you respect him?

Why don't you look at the guy in the glass?
>>
just because my life is bad doesnt mean i want to make it worse for others who live thousands of miles away.
>>
File: image.png (568 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
image.png
568 KB, 600x580
>>28643969
>he has morals and doesn't manipulate others for his own gain
>>28644029
I'd love to join a PMC. Who cares about respect? None of that shit matters.
>>
>>28643129
There's tons of robots in the military
>>
>>28644114
>one chance at life
>become a soldier

You were already dead,
>>
>>28644114
>thinks he is taking advantage of other people like an edgy sociopathic teenager
>is getting taken advantage of by the government

Is your brain working? Sociopaths are only dangerous if they posses intelligence.
>>
only the biggest idiots become the meat shields of ivory tower rich fuckers. you're better off dying alone
>>
>>28644133
Not even him but you people have the most ridiculous view of the military. I'm not enlisted but ive spent the last 3 years on tons of military bases overseas. There's tons of non-combat jobs, there's office jobs, mechanics, all that shit. It's just any regular job, except with a lot of benefits, the opprotunity to travel, and they have to do PT. That's basically it as far as I can tell. It's a pretty sweet deal in my opinion, I would've enlisted but I got turned back for a (minor) health issue. I didn't find out until later that I could've got a waiver.
>>
>>28644230
What youtube channels do you watch, if you don't mind me asking? And what sort of books do you like reading when you do read?
>>
I would if I wasn't an assburger grill. Thought about it a lot but I don't think I'd be able to handle it.
>>
>>28644186
>the gubment is taking advantage of me by paying me handsomely, for doing little to nothing all day
It's almost like you have no concept of what a military is outside of what you see on television.
>>
>>28640535
Hated the education system. Fuck the police. Air Force isn't that bad.
>>
>>28644272
I don't watch any YouTube channels. I read mostly non-fiction but lately I've been reading all the works of H.P lovecraft, a book on survival, Self Sufficency by John Seymour, Disipline and Punishment, and a book on music theory.

Why?
>>
Because if someone put a gun in my hands I probably wouldn't be able to stop myself from blowing my brains out.
>>
Fear of the government.
I already am paranoid enough of the government, but if I were to join the government, then that might just exacerbate my fear.
>>
>>28644316
I think they imagine the military is just what they saw on movies. They imagine its just getting yelled at and shot at. I see tons of people who don't seem to realize that the military is a massive orginaztions, and they seem to think everyone is infantry.
>>
>able bodied
>robot
Pick one
>>
>>28640454
Because the military is an "anybody with a brain and isn't a retard" can get in. No effort whatsoever to join.
>>
>>28640454
I tried to join the marines two years ago but they dq'ed me for being skelly and I stopped trying for other branches after realizing how inefficient every single fucking branch runs.
I kinda question how the government even manages basic shit when I think back on it.
>>
>>28640454
Because if I were to join it would be to fly something and my eyesight would probably not cut it.
>>
>>28641652
They make you spread your ass cheeks
>>
>>28644319
Just trying to get an idea of what someone who thinks similar to you would read. I don't have any further point to make, if you think my points are ridiculous, fine, it's not an argument so I will not argue with you.
>>
>>28644316
>>28644357
If you push papers for the military you are still supporting it, supporting other people dying, supporting the high taxes and high debt because of our military. It's not a point of how safe you are, I don't care about your safety. Hopefully you guys can understand that the second time it is said?
>>
>>28644501
I never disagreed with that, and neither did the original guy you were arguing with. He just said he's a sociopath and is willing to "manipulate" (lol) the government.

I guess my answer would be apathy. I agree, at the end of the day the miltary is an organization made to kill. It's not that I'm some sort of edgy sociopath that gets off on that, I just dont particularly care much, either. I think there's a lot of suffering in the world, and I'm not extremely concerned with the suffering that happens outside of my direct influence or perception.

I'd also say I could argue you indirectly contribute to an exploitative society just by paying taxes, or working for any job. Capitalism is good for some, and a nightmare for others. Would you also refuse to work for a company because of the immoral and unethical things that it is responsible for? If so, I'd imagine you have a hard time finding anywhere you're willing to work, because none of these mega corporations has clean hands.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 500x564) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 500x564
Is the Army Rangers any good. I'm working on getting massively /fit/ so I can join some type of special forces. Is it even worth it?
>>
>>28644501
>supporting other people dying
I don't care. Nobody else in the world cares. War is human nature and trying to apply logic to it doesn't work.
>supporting the high taxes and high debt because of our military
It's a fucking job. I don't care where the money comes from or who it's being taken from. Sure it might implode on itself but so what? The world is not going to end because big daddy gov't ran out of money.
>>28644667
"Manipulate" was out of context. Not the government itself, just people in general.
>>
>>28640454
Able bodied but with a history of being in the psych ward they wont let me join. It's not like I want to, there is no reward for me in joining.
>>
>>28640454
I sure as hell don't want a job I can't quit and being government property isn't too appealing
>>
>>28640454
Are there any computer/engineering jobs that you can get in the armed forces via enlistment? Corps of Engineers or maybe some technician job in the Navy sound interesting, but I'm sure that you would have to go through West Point/Annapolis to do that, and I've already burned those bridges.
>>
>>28641189
because it's okay if you kill yourself in a way that benefits banks and oil companies
>>
>>28643044
protip:
isis is directly benefiting united states interests as well
>>
>>28640454
BECAUSE FUCKEN CHILDHOOD ASTHMA THAT I TOOK MEDICATION FOR PAST THE AGE OF 13 REEEEEEEEEEEEE
kill me
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.