[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (166 KB, 392x354) Image search: [Google]
image.png
166 KB, 392x354
Just what went wrong?
>>
>>28640402
runescape and world of warcraft
>>
>>28640402
overinflation i think. i stopped playing in 2010 because even then it was ridiculous with some items going past 100 million in cost. can't imagine what it's like now
>>
File: 1430743460291.png (70 KB, 419x248) Image search: [Google]
1430743460291.png
70 KB, 419x248
freakin' promies being attention whores.
>>
Hi. I'm from 2006/2007 /b/. What went wrong was you fucking pieces of shit, gaiafags, kept coming to 4chan and shitting it up. Fuck you all. Especially if you heard about 4chan from gaia. You were the redditors of your time.
>>
>>28640498
you need to be 18 or over to post here
>>
>>28640611
I'm 27. When I first started browsing 4chan I was underage but that was a long time ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 250x250
Just what went wrong?

n
>>
>>28640670
fuck. neopets was EVERYTHING to me, i went on there heavily between 2006-2011. got permabanned on 2 accounts for cheating but it was worth, the site started dying around 2010 anyway. i still have an account from 2004 that i use to log in from time to time, shame to see that the neoboards are pretty much dead. the boards and the competitions/contests were the best part of it all.
pretty sure the introduction of neocash had nothing to do with its death, i think the new owners just changed way too much shit that it made all the active/long time players leave.
>>
>>28640670
a certain tribal group
>>
>>28640775
the problem wasn't that they changed way too much, it is was that they never made it appealing to a new audience and practically stopped wars/events, making active players leave(which always happens in games) but never made them comeback and failed to get new ones to replace them.

Neopets is a weird memory for me because I use to play it as a kid, but went back around 2013 got "rich", sold np for btc, then bought drugs online.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>28640775
I think the introduction of Neocash actually prolonged the site to what it is now. It's an unpopular opinion but since 2010ish it's been a heavy income source for the site and basically what's been keeping it alive.

It also brought about the conversions which led to pet trading which sort of gave users another thing to do, which was treated very seriously and still is now. Even though it's MUCH more dead than it was.

I remember 2012, it was amazing desu.

I think what really killed it is the way that the site is moderated. Can't say shit on the boards without getting banned. Literally if you quote something that is bad, banned. Someone with a vendetta reports you enough times, banned. Log on at your friends, banned. Get hacked, banned. Banned banned banned and it's always taken them MONTHS to reply to tickets. No wonder they lost most of their userbase since 2012. I quit myself and only came back recently.

No new features, barely any new avatars that aren't rereleases (until jumpstart), no good plots, nothing. Killed the old battledome, brought a battledome that people literally hate, so they killed the BD chat. Killed the PC by devaluing draiks and krawks, converted trading is dead. Killed the AC by allowing BGC/MSPP/SUAP to get duped, then covering it up and never taking care of it. Killed RSing by changing the way it's done so you get RS banned every five seconds.

Then Jumpstart fired 90% of the staff and left about 100 people on. Nothing gets done, site features only get shut down. Neomails are glitched. Neofriends are glitched. Guilds are glitched. Everything is glitched and would take literally a week to fix but their programmers don't know what they are doing, if they're even still on the team. New items are literal stock image plagiarizations. I could go on and on.

I think in 2012 you'd see 3,000 people online. Now I think they're lucky if they get a daily 300. In 2006 it was like 10,000.

Amazing how well they killed the site.
>>
>>28640670
I was there when the neocam was a new thing..All those nights tuning in to see the janitor and shiposting on their boards
>>
The MMO was pretty good for a weekend or two but wasn't very deep and took too long to expand.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.