[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any highschool dropouts on this board? How is your life going?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: pipi.jpg (305 KB, 1600x2000) Image search: [Google]
pipi.jpg
305 KB, 1600x2000
Any highschool dropouts on this board? How is your life going?
>>
zippity bumppity
>>
No get your shit together
>>
got my ged, make more money than the rest of my highschool friends who work 6 days a week at fast food joints

just git gud
>>
>>28639812
in a program to get my ged. if i do well they'll pay for my community college classes
>>
dropping out of highschool and finishing highschool are the same thing
>>
>tfw fucked around and got my GED at 24
>tfw not smart enough to do IT or really go to college
Looks like it's military for me or learn a trade like everyone else.
>>
>>28639812
Jobless, still living with parents. 24.

Have a GED, but it doesn't mean much.
>>
just as shitty as always
don't have any debts tho so living cheap is easy. eat ramen, renting a tiny little room.
>>
I failed high school, I didn't drop out. I tried.

26, just finished up my third year of Electrical Engineering. Took me three years and a summer to get my AS (I even started with some AP credits).

I'll have my first car soon, my brother is basically giving it to me so it saves at least $1.5k. $800 for a vehicle that should last me a year and a half if not 2-3 is nice.
>>
>>28639812
>weeb friend dropped out and is now a permanent neet because lol Australian job market
>still has a qt girlfriend from weeb meetups

I guess it could be alright if you're handsome anon
>>
21 year old neet who has never had a job

Pretty close to rope tier bad, don't be a moron like me younger anons
>>
File: 1460512194733.jpg (44 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1460512194733.jpg
44 KB, 500x378
>everybody just assumes i dropped out because i'm lazy
i hate that meme
>>
>>28640284
Nice job, dude. Looks like you really turned your life around.
>>
It's fucked up. I hate myself for disappointing my family so much.

>>28640475
Pretty much this.
>>
I went back and finished high school.

I'm now in college with a 3.6 GPA and a full scholarship.

Quit my last job due to sexual harassment and unsafe working conditions, currently unemployed. (female woes)

I guess I'm doing pretty good?
>>
Was forced to drop out at 14 and get a job so I can help around the house

worked in construction, contracting, and woodwork on the side, still do, started drinking and smoking from a young age because I didn't get to go out and experience what kids my age experienced, going on trips talking to girls ect
but got my own place and car at 18, make more money than my married brother who graduated college and works in a gas station now.

Almost 20 now and still live alone because most girls assume I'm stupid because I don't have a piece of paper to prove it.
Still drink and smoke but trying to cut down
>Notsurewhatmyemotionsare
>>
>left school at 15
>done nothing for 2 years
>idk wtf to do
>>
If you're in the US there's literally no excuse to be a drop out. Due to NCLB fucking up every school's budget the entire educational system has turned into a pump. You have to TRY to fail
>>
>>28640930
Something

Doing nothing is the worst thing you can do. Get a job or go back to school or something, just don't do nothing.
>>
>>28640839
You should live with me. I have a alright job and house
>>
Ask a middle school dropout in a first world country anything.
>>
File: 1463262869646.jpg (27 KB, 314x246) Image search: [Google]
1463262869646.jpg
27 KB, 314x246
>>28640969
Why

ORI-JEW-ANAL
>>
>>28640958
Is it your moms house though?
>>
>>28641008
A mother that doesn't trust schools after bad experiences involving schools and previous children.

A mother that doesn't know how to home school.

A father that was too busy working to know, and too weak to control his woman.

A complete lack of interest once I became self-aware.
>>
>>28641045
does it matter?
origigugyu
>>
>be me
>live in Ireland
>leave school in 5th year after christmas because of anxiety, stress and depression
>have an existential break down and stay in room for three months
>sort of get my shit together and go to therapy
>plan on going back in 6th year but feel it will be futile and the same shit will happen again
>father thinks I should leave after getting the blunt end of my depression
>feel like fucking failure if I left
>considering it after reading this thread and getting paranoid and depressed
Can anyone give me some insight? Some guys in here are doing well.
>inb4 underage b&
I'm 18
>>
>>28639812
been neet the past 9 years
>>
>>28640115
>he thinks he can get into the military with just a GED

The only branch that still takes a decent amount of GED grads is the Army, and you either need 15 college credits to back it up or you need to score higher on the ASVAB than everyone else.
>>
>>28641242
I've been NEET for 7, why haven't we killed ourselves yet?
On a serious note, have you kept up with reading and generally using your mind? I've just let it atrophy and it kills me inside to think about attempting to become something but failing miserably because of how far gone I am when it comes to memory, the application of learned skills, and socialization. We fucked up pretty hard, Anon.
>>
>>28639812
I dropped out in 9th or 10th grade, got my GED the same or next years, I can't remember. I enrolled in a year of online college courses, finished the first semester, started doing meth, and dropped out of college.

Every day is a slow march towards my inevitable suicide.
>>
>>28641943
>knew someone that went into the Air Force with a GED
You're full of shit faggot.
>>
>>28639812
dropped out freshman year, 24 and no GED even

chances are i'm dead by the end of the year anyway. i simply do not care about my life
>>
>>28642345
What have you been doing for all this time?
>>
>>28639812
Shit desu.

Left school at 13 and fucked around till I was 15 then did a diploma of electronics and communications and decided to get a completely irrelevant job in a laboratory for 5 years while pissing the money away on drugs.

I'm now doing a bach of clinical practice and recently inherited half a mil but I still think of suicide every day.
>>
>>28642293
I didn't say it was impossible, I just said that the Army is the only one taking a decent amount of GED grads. less than 1% of Air Force recruits are GED Grads.

https://www.navycs.com/blogs/2011/05/09/military-education-requirements

>The most common Tier II Credential is the General Education Diploma (GED) Many programs could ultimately be classified as either Tier I or II, such as Home School, some Public and Adult schools that do not meet the minimum requirements for Tier I, such as a High School Certificate of Attendance or Special Education; also, successful completion of programs such as the National Guard Youth Challenge and the Seaborne Challenge Corps would qualify as Tier II. Tier II education requires a minimum of a 50 ASVAB QT.

GED grads are literally second class applicants in the military, and each branch is allowed to set thier own standards for them

https://www.airforce.com/how-to-join/prepare-for-success/meet-requirements
> GED holders must meet the following additional requirements:
>>Be at least 18 years of age
>>Must obtain a 65 qualifying score on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB)
>>Obtain 15 or more semester hours of qualifying college credit to gain the same eligibility as a high school graduate
>>
>>28639812
I dropped out and got my GED. Was a shitlord during my HS years and kept getting expelled for not showing up or other dumb stuff. Went to like four different schools and when I was 18 I would have still had to take another year and a half worth of classes to graduate so I said fuck it and got my GED.

Tried community college a few times and fucked up every time. Luckily I earned enough credits to join the military, as they only take people with a GED if they have college credits.

Did 5 years and got out, now I am at a university and just got a 4.0 last semester. I wasn't dumb, just a mental wreck due to bullying, weed and trying to get accepted socially.
>>
>>28642489
Internet and vidya

I don't even feel like a human anymore. I don't recommend it
>>
>>28640039
Wow, so you make more than minimum wage? Congratulations!
>>
>>28642949
I've been doing the same exact thing and I totally recommend it desu
>>
>>28641943
Any branch will take a GED as long as they have 15+ credits. I got into the Navy in 2010 with like 35 credits and a GED
>>
File: 1419502468664.jpg (204 KB, 1170x923) Image search: [Google]
1419502468664.jpg
204 KB, 1170x923
I dropped out, depression got so bad I was missing literally 2-3 days a week every single week. I tried to do my school work but was mostly just exhausted and would sleep in class. Started failing classes, hard. Had 19 when I left because all my friends had graduated and they were the only reason I still showed up anyways

Teachers took pity on me though, let me do regular class work as homework onthe days I was passed out and they couldn't wake me. Cunt VP wanted to expel me but a bunch of teachers talked my Principle into letting me stay, I was a good boy, didn't start any trouble ever, just clearly problems at home that were effecting school.

Anyways working on GED. 3 credits down 8 to go, I actually liked and passed all my classes the first year but stuff happening at home just collapsed me entirely. 20 btw
>>
>skipped classes so often I got expelled
>NEET from 16-19
>got GED, currently learning a trade

Life is shit no matter what choices I make
>>
>>28642949
Shoot man, it may just be a waste typing this but go hitchhike and see where you go? You could also bum the railways, its easy at night.

Better one last try, yeah?
>>
Dropped out three months before the end of my senior year cause my brain broke and I started wandering around the city looking for half smoked cigarettes, drinking cough syrup and watching professional wrestling

One year later, I dropped out of community college, I chased a girl to another state and lost all my shit, and I'm effectively homeless and without possessions.

thinking about applying for neetbux
>>
I dropped out of the 9th grade. I'm a NEET. I have a girlfriend. My life is collapsing around me but I'm rebuilding it. It could be worse. I could be a robot.
>>
>>28639812
>failed classes because skipping school like a retard
>kicked out of highschool at 18 before I could recover credits and graduate
>now 19 living with parents doing fuck all with my life
where did it all go wrong bros? I want to go back.
>>
>>28643022
Thank you faggot for repeating what I previously said, and completely ignoring my second post.

Jesus no wonder you retards dropped out.
>>
>>28640839
Pretty b>>28641206
Keep trying it's hard but don't give up just yet
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.