[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 25 and I think my hairline is starting to creep back.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
I'm 25 and I think my hairline is starting to creep back. Its not noticeable at all unless I pull my bangs/fringe back hard but I have a slight wide U shape. Do you think this could just be a mature hairline or is the clock ticking? That puts even more pressure on me to get a gf as soon as possible because its only down hill from here.

also hair loss general
>>
File: 1443561613073.jpg (30 KB, 234x272) Image search: [Google]
1443561613073.jpg
30 KB, 234x272
It's ticking for you future cuck. Tick tock, tick tock
>>
>>28639107
I stopped caring. If you think it looks really bad the way you have it, just buzz it.
>>
>he fell for the natural testosterone levels meme
>>
>>28639161

It doesn't look bad at all yet, but I know it has gone back because in the corner I have a small freckle that used to be hidden when I pulled my hair back and now it is exposed almost 1cm, also my forehead started looking bigger when I turned 25. I have friends that are legit balding and if I told them I was balding they would smack me because it looks like I have a full head of hair, but I'm worried.
>>
>>28639223
Try to get on finasteride. It will delay any further loss and help stimulate some more growth. I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow to see if I can get it.
>>
>>28639107

You're balding and in denial.

Buy Rogaine. I noticed my hairline receding about a half year ago but fooled myself into thinking it was just "maturation." I got to a point back in February or March when I had other people start commenting about how my scalp was becoming visible under harsh light or from above.

My boss gave me a couple cans of foam Rogaine, and I bought some off-brand liquid application from Wal-Mart for $15. Now, three months later, I can definitely tell that I'm making progress.

Buy Rogaine or the off-brand equivalent, keep your hair short, and prosper for another decade before you realize that it really doesn't matter that much to anyone besides you.
>>
>>28639107
If your hair is falling out then you're balding, if it isn't then it's mature.
>>
>>28639401

My hair for sure isn't falling out, I have super thick hair as well. I took a cell phone vid of the top of my head with as much lighting as I could get and I can't see my scalp.
>>
>>28639350
Just read about it before. Drug Seems double sided
>>
I'm 23 and losing it too.
>>
>>28640185
>double sided
How? It has some shitty side effects but they only occur in ~3.4% of people. Well worth the risk if you ask me.
>>
>>28640185
Don't take that shit unless you're 100% balding. Just check up on your hairline every month or so. Don't eye it constantly or you'll probably start worrying more. I was in the same position as you about 2 years ago and It doesn't seem like my hairline has changed since I started observing it.
>>
>>28640496
I'm curious as to why you're against it? It's better to take preventive action, especially if your hairline is receding so that it doesn't get any worse.
>>
>>28639107

Fuck off whiny cuck. I was balding since 19. And no receeding hairline bullshit. I was thinning all over in a Norwood 6 pattern. Get on my level of sorrow, cunt. I'm 25 atm as well.
>>
I noticed this about four years ago but it has hardly changed. I was 19 then, 23 now. It's different for everyone though...But I hope mine doesn't start up again...
>>
I don't know anybody under then age of 50 who is balding on either side of my family. My hair does seem to be thinning, but my hairline isn't receding nor do I have any bald spots.

I do have issues which managing anxiety, which has been REALLY bad for the pass year and a half. What are some robot's experiences with stress induced hair loss? Is it a thing? Or am I actually starting to bald?
>>
>>28639107
I was at your stage when I was 16
fuck you
>>
Just shave and embrace it nigga. Swagger around like you have an 8 inch cock.
>>
>>28640796
Stress causing it is a myth. You have DHT accumulating in your scalp.
>>
>Be me
>Notice myself shedding a lot of hair in the shower (like 40-50 hairs)
>I'm still a NW 1 but I can still some thinning in the temples
>Hop on Finasteride ASAP
>5 months later
>Barely shed anymore
>Temples are thickening up
>Feels good man

My advice to everyone, if you notice something going on start treatment ASAP. Don't read into Finasteride sides.
>>
>>28640796
Take biotin supplements and relax. I went through the same thing and that is what helped out.

But keep an eye on it, there is also a chance it's actual balding. Go to a dermatologist if this doesnt stop.
>>
>>28641597
are you shilling or do you have no sides for real? also does anyne know aything about minoxidil?
>>
>>28642276
I'm not shilling, besides some watery semen for a couple months I had no sides.

Minoxidil is good, but I only recommend it if your hair loss is really noticeable. I recommend trying Finasteride alone for a year before adding it, that way you can see what treatment is actually working for you. I also recommend only starting with Finasteride first as it's waaayyy easier to just take a pill once a day than have to apply stupid minoxidil twice a day.
>>
>>28642276
The side effects are only prevalent in a low amount of people. Plus your sex drive and semen quality aren't going to matter much if you're bald. It's damn near a death sentence.
>>
>>28642334
the hair in my corners is thinning hard to the point i feel really bad, no completely bald spots yet just thinning out a lot. I can see kinda like a ghost hairline of where it used to be. Why only minoxidil if its really noticeable, it seems less likely regarding sides.
>>
>>28642423
You should like the perfect person for Finasteride then. It will thicken up those thinning spots. Minoxidil has its sides too, it can bloat your face and cause """"heart problems"""" in some people.
>>
>>28642461
aaah i know im just really scared of sides
>>
>>28639107
it's ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS the clock ticking mate, the end is near.

Stop trying to kid yourself
>>
>>28640796

Stress can (it's called telogen effluvium), but it's best to go to a dermatologist to make sure. I also recently heard that it's possible to have the genes for balding without experiencing it on its own, but stress can "wake it up" and trigger it.
>>
>>28641597
The way it worked for me:

>also see a ton of shedding
>improve my diet, start taking biotin and Rogaine
>shedding stops almost completely, only really flares back up if I drink a lot or eat fast food

It's only been three months, and I've yet to see proper regrowth, but I've taken pictures of my crown recently and the hair that hasn't shed looks a lot stronger and thicker than it did 3 months ago.
>>
My hair tends to fall out more in winter so now that it's warmed up it looks much better.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.