[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I less of a person for not going to college? I have a decent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 939575921.jpg (117 KB, 1023x986) Image search: [Google]
939575921.jpg
117 KB, 1023x986
Am I less of a person for not going to college?

I have a decent job, pay isn't bad and is increasing steadily, but I can't help but feel that a lot of people look down on me for not getting a degree.
>>
Iktf pretty well. But as long as you can support yourself in the long run and is a decent human bean, pretty sure no one really care wether or not u have a degree.
>>
a lot of people look down on college people for being pussy homos

you're just a grown up now and have to deal with the fact blue collar and white collar people can't be friends.

an plumber and an accountant might both make 100'000$/year but they don't view each other as being in the same class.

the accountant will go to cocktail parties and own a 5000$ suit and him and his friends will laugh at the blue collar dregs with their poor fashion sense and vocabulary

and the plumber will have barbeques in his backyard and drive an 80,000$ truck and him and his friends will laugh at white collar pansies with their soft hands and effeminate

that's just how people are
>>
>>28637169
Most of the people looking down on you have degrees that children could get.
>>
>>28637169
I'd like to know what you do anon.
>>
>>28637169
Having no degree, good job and good salary is far better than having a degree, no job and a student loan.
>>
>>28637370

HVAC duct fabricator
>>
>>28637291
Well, well-paid no-degree jobs still require education and experience. And most of degrees are just remembering stuff.
>>
>>28637169
Yeah kind of, you did miss out on the normie college experience, money can't replace that
>>
>>28637462
"Normal colledge experience" is just a high school with more free time and less control.
>>
>>28637510
Yeah exactly, it's normie heaven
>>
File: 1456201361783.png (319 KB, 624x633) Image search: [Google]
1456201361783.png
319 KB, 624x633
Don't feel bad. They're just jealous they had to go to school, get their asses in debt, just to get a job of equal pay while you didn't have to. I'm in the same boat as you OP. I graduated nearly 6 years ago and have been at the same print shop job I had shortly after graduating. I got promoted to floor manager last year and make about $27 an hour. My friend who did nothing for a year after high school got his 4 year degree last year and keeps trying to talk down to me for never having gone to college. for the longest time too the guy would talk down to me about how he makes more money and didn't shut the fuck up til I showed him a pay stub letting him know I make more hourly, significantly more, in fact.

It also has to do with the fact that everyone pushes you so hard these days to go to college so if you end up in a trade people for some reason think that means you "settled for a dead end job".
>>
>all those idiots going to college for liberal arts; painting music gender studies and womens studies and queer studies etc
>only to get out of college with thousands in debt and find nobody gives a shit about their useless degree and they end up working a job that requires no degree at all
unless you're STEM or medical or law your degree is a waste of money
so glad I became blue collar instead of wasting my money and fucking around for 4+ years
collegefags are normies
>>
>>28637637
Liberal arts are fine if you are able to support yourself even without a degree. But not if you want your degree to get yourself money, of course.
>>
no, just people will look down on you. i have a useless degree but i always wanted to learn photoshop. job places will look at it like o you went to community college.
>>
Some people are bothered by not having college, other people aren't. You'll know if it actually is holding you back, though, which is possible. People may actually flat out tell you so.

But, if your job isn't based on a degree, then it's hard to justify the cost.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.