[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I learn C+ can I get a job?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: smugworldwide.jpg (33 KB, 226x219) Image search: [Google]
smugworldwide.jpg
33 KB, 226x219
If I learn C+ can I get a job?
>>
>>28635837
>C+

C++
You've already failed.
>>
>>28635837
damm i miss pitbullposting where dat anon at?
>>
>>28635837
Learn Java you doublenigger
>>
Ive been taking a C online course and ive been wondering this too. Bump i guess
>>
>>28635837
>>28636816

Not sure how it is where you live but unless you have solid communication and team working skills you'll probably be outsourced by Indians.

But yes, build up a huge portfolio and upload all of your programs to github. Read computing related books and do all of the usual stuff. Even if you have terrible grades or no formal education if you can demonstrate moderate mathematical and logical aptitude in response to creative problem solving then no company should turn you down. Even Google prefers enthusiastic coders over apathetic Harvard graduates.
>>
>>28636621
guess you can say OP got a C-
>>
>>28635837

If I have a CS degree with no internships can I get a job?

i hope so
>>
>>28635837
If you get a decent portfolio of personal projects on Github you might. I've known people who get great offers just based on employers looking at their Github, no degree or anything. Getting a degree is the other option.
>>
Too late

Ib4 platitudes like it's never too late
>>
>>28637064
God damn, anon, you fucking slayed me.

A+ humor
>>
File: bane eva.jpg (253 KB, 1280x631) Image search: [Google]
bane eva.jpg
253 KB, 1280x631
>>28635837
Statistically speaking you can get a job, just keep trying.

You could always go work for an illegal door-to-door magazine crew.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/21/us/21magcrew.html?_r=0
>>
I'd focus on javascript and js frameworks, that seems to be the latest interest in the job market.
>>
If you can write algorithms and do math then yes, if you can only code you can try freelancing.
>>
>>28636746
>Java
don't listen to /pol/, java is obsolete, no one uses it anymore.
>>
>>28637025
>github
Disgusting.
>>
>>28638468

>no one uses it anymore

You have to use it to program anything for android. And android is the most popular operating system in use today. So that claim you're making is about as wrong as you could possibly get. I hate java and think it's dumb that it was chosen as the exposed language for android development, but it definitely isn't obsolete.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.