[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Summer. >Everyone I know is out partying or traveling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: 1436001133671.jpg (438 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436001133671.jpg
438 KB, 1920x1080
>Summer.
>Everyone I know is out partying or traveling to other states with friends.
>I'm here working on getting my license at 21.
>Get license.
>Get a job shortly after.
>Make too much money and don't know what to do with it.
>Buy some games.
>Buy some expensive clothing despite not going out much at all.
>Eventually begin to give some of it to my parents because I just don't know what to do with it.
>Get the idea that I wanna do more with my life now that I have the money.
>Maybe travel to another state like normies do with friends.
>Tfw no friends.
>Lingering thought from childhood continues:
>Maybe I should travel across the Middle East in hopes of "finding myself".
>Become more and more obsessed with wanting to have some kind of journey.

Okay, let us say I do go to the ME..where the fuck will I go? What is the point of traveling about a country if you lack a destination. I honestly just want life to show me what it is that I'm supposed to do..
>>
File: ruRQODJ.jpg (62 KB, 388x445) Image search: [Google]
ruRQODJ.jpg
62 KB, 388x445
I know that feel but I also need to make an original comment
>>
>>28635148
>travel across the Middle East
It's easier to kill yourself with helium, or just use a gun. Unless you really want someone else to do it for you then yea, middle east all the way.
>>
>>28635588
I'm Hispanic, Anon. I pretty much look like an Iranian or Kurd if I grow out my facial hair.
>>
File: 1459371957765.png (133 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459371957765.png
133 KB, 1000x1000
>>28635588
Nice Hitler dubs
Original comment senpai
>>
How much is "too much money?" Doesn't seem like you have a degree or anything. I hope you know travelling is very pricey. I make $15 an hour and still don't like to travel unless I'm on my dual sport that gets 80 mpg. Although I will say this. My only friend and I along with my cousin travel from Ohio to Myrtle Beach every year and it is an amazing time. We camp out instead of paying for a hotel. Spend all day in the ocean or walking around the many boardwalks. There's one with a bunch of giant fish, like 5 feet long that you can hand feed. It's a good time.
>>
>>28635148
Do it Anon, become the hero of your own story!

But seriously, maaayyyybe you want to change your destination to, I dunno, Yukon, Norway or the Ands.
Some place without crazy fanatics, you know?
>>
>>28635755
It's not about looking like them, the moment they hear you don't speak their language or see something weird in the way you bear yourself you are pretty much fucked. It might not be the first person that notices, or the second, but at some point you will have someone who will chimp out over something and you will get yourself in deep shit.
>>
>>28635148
Go to Madagascar, that's where I'd love to go on an adventure.
>>
>>28635864
I make up to 20 an hour. I honestly just wanna go somewhere and do something. I got a job thinking it would make things easier. It did, but now what? I'm 21 and all I think about is finding who I am and what it is that I should be doing in life. I keep thinking that one day I'll see something, like a message, that will tell me where it is that I belong..yet nothing.
>>
>>28635148
You should travel through East Asia. Climb atop mountain with a buddhist temple and maybe you'll find something there.
>>
>>28635985
Surprise! Life is shit
>>
Just out of curiosity, what's your job, OP?
>>
>>28635985
Dude I make 30 and I don't care go anywhere often. Save your money stupid.
>>
>>28635148
>I honestly just want life to show me what it is that I'm supposed to do..
Do you honestly believe crap like this happens in real life? You may feel good during the trip because it's fun, exciting etc but when you come back your life will still be shit. You wont have friends. You wont have a gf. You wont suddenly have great hobbys. You will be the same person. Only idiots do these weird changes when they come back from a different country.
>>
>>28635148
If it's that much of a whim for location then probably pick somewhere less murderous.
>>
>>28635148
Hire a hitman on yourself and have a 1v1 irl

Better than getting fucked by kurds then beheaded/thrown off a mosque

At least you'll die with dignity
>>
>>28636073
Wrong. And stop trying to bring people down just because your life is shit and you don't want to change. I went to Cali when I was 20 and saw a lot of people bmxing. Know what I did? When I came home I bought one and have been bmxing since. I went from never leaving the house if I didn't have to to riding bmx 4-7 hours a day. Sometimes a change of scenario will help you. Sometimes it won't. You won't ever know unless you do it.
>>
File: PSX_20160517_223900.jpg (627 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20160517_223900.jpg
627 KB, 2688x1520
You could also just try to walk your way starting from the middle of Europe leaving the Alps and seeing some space, with civilization as somehow safeplace for some Comfort things and also getting to know people, life and places.
>ftw having the thought of living in the wilderness for some time experiencing existence itself for a bit as a dream.
I live in Austria btw
>>
>>28636058
I work at a gym. The guy who owns it is a family friend. I'm sure he pays me extra because he see's me as a son or something.

>>28636073
Idk Anon. I just want to know who it is that I am, my purpose, where I belong, etc. It sounds stupid af I know. Maybe I should go back to my country and reconnect with my family or something. I thought getting a job and earning money would give me purpose but it really didn't.
>>
>>28636148
How long have you been riding and what tricks can you do
>>
why don't you save for retirement you fucking dumbass
>>
>>28636251
5 years now and a lot of vert tricks. My best is an oppo flair to manual around the bowl and ice pick tailwhip in.
>>
>>28636282
So I should keep doing what I'm doing till I hit my 40s or 50s? Minus well kill myself now.
>>
>>28636380
oh thats nice I ride for 3 years now. youre better then me for sure if you do flair variations
>>
>>28636195
>I just want to know who it is that I am, my purpose, where I belong, etc.
I know what you mean, but why the middle east? Why not Canada/Alaska or Skandinavia? Those could work in the same way but it's a)secure and b)not 40 degrees hot all day
>>
>>28636642
It doesn't have to be the ME. I just went with it because it has always seemed like an exotic land despite all the shit. I have this fear that I'll go somewhere, like Japan, climb some mountain where some Buddhist statue remains, look out in the distance and feel nothing. I don't even know if this is a spiritual thing or a life thing. I just feel lost. I want more out of life then this. I got the job and I got the money but I still feel empty.
>>
>>28636557
You'll get them eventually. I learned to reg flair in about a month at a foam pit. Oppo took me about 7 months. Are you more of a street or vert rider?
>>
>>28636759
Pretty much exclusively street because skatepark in my small city is pathetic and I've never seen foam pit irl so far. But hopefully getting into uni next year and moving to bigger city with better parks and indoors with foam pits
>>
>>28636068
>not investing
>interest rate cuck
might as well spend it all if you're this mediocre
>>
>>28635148
>tfw you will never enjoy summer as a young man ever again
>4 years away from 30 and I want to kill myself
>>
>>28636982
Ahh. Yeah I have to drive about 30 minutes to get to the indoor park with the foam pit and then pay $20
>>
>>28635755
>>28635148
Come to Spain. You can walk the "Camino de Santiago", even if you aren't a christian, and since you speak spanish, you will be better here than in moorland.
>>
File: memes were a mistake.png (142 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
memes were a mistake.png
142 KB, 537x416
>>28635148
Bro, open up an IRA.
If you can put $5,500 in it every year.
Start doing this as soon as you can.
Check out >>>/biz/

https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans/plan-participant-employee/retirement-topics-ira-contribution-limits
>>
File: meme master.png (797 KB, 559x828) Image search: [Google]
meme master.png
797 KB, 559x828
>>28637768
Also forgot to mention; make sure you go with the Roth IRA.
Always go with the Roth.
>>
Humans are social creatures, normies travel to different countries with friends not to experience the place they're going to, but to create memories with each other with their destination as a glorified backdrop. Just indulge yourself with drugs, get into some really degenerate fetishes and go for mental escapism vs physical escapism.
>>
>>28635148
go to Thailand it's really good and everyone is nice, you can ride elephants, learn to dive, do rockclimbing, sightseeing, its really cheap and rly good food, also whores if you want, meet nice people
>>
>>28635148
Don't go to the middle east anon, it isn't like Arabian Nights or whatever other romantic impression you have of the area. I recommend visiting Machu Picchu or the pyramids around Central America if you want to go on a journey with spiritual undertones
>>
Yeah I mostly hang out with people from my company who can afford to travel at least once a year, and I can afford it too. I seem really lame when it's revealed I've barely been abroad. And it's europe too so getting abroad is not that much of a big deal.
>>
I too want to travel and have plenty of cash to do so, but I have no friends. What can I do alone? I'd probably end up just staying in the hotel.
>>
>>28635148
>>Maybe travel

travel ? buy an RV.

if money is just too much, then buy an Helicopter.
>>
From what I've heard, it's hard to get into a lot of middle eastern countries legally. I personally want to go to central and SE Asia and see Buddhist monasteries, angkor wat, etc.
>>
>>28636148
>I found myself
>I ride bicycles now and I didn't before

That's real fucking rad.
>>
>>28638956
Going from a shut in to a sponsored bmxer who makes enough to live on from doing tricks on a bike. Feelsgoodman. I bet you're a neet or work a dead end job that makes you want to kill yourself. I'm fit and ride pretty much any time I want and get free bikes/shoes/clothing/hats/helmets/free indoor skatepark reign. None of this would have happened if I didn't see all the locals bmxing, something that you never see in Canada.
>>
>>28635148
Travelling is just escapism. You wont fond yourself there and you will eventualiteit come back longing for the place you travelled too. But travelling to a country is always way more fun and exciting than actually living there so it'll be a false percieved image. Use your money to better your life where you are now or you can just stay a stad cunt
>>
>too much money
im sorry give it to me please i will use the shit outa it
>>
File: 1463423759810.jpg (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463423759810.jpg
81 KB, 500x500
I never understood how anyone can't have a single friend. Like just how much of an asshole were you to you friends back when you had them in school that they all stopped talking to you? Was the friendship one sided or something? they always hit you up but you never tried to hang out with them?
>>
>>28639291
More like nobody ever even tried talking to you or including you in shit. The few people you talked to would never invite you to hang out and if you called them to do shit they would say they have plans.
>>
>>28635148
Save money for your retirement you cunt. Invest into a solid mutual fund too.
>>
>>28639291
The only "friends" I ever had were a few people I spoke to at school. We never made an effort to meet outside of school, they all had their own groups of friends which they were closer with and only talked to me when there was no one else around.

Please take your normie-centric perspective and leave.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.