[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A-Level Robots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 15
File: will.jpg (77 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
will.jpg
77 KB, 500x280
who else doing a-levels?
anyone going to uni?

i'm seriously fucked and gonna fail desu senpai
>>
File: 1384905721646.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
1384905721646.gif
2 MB, 316x213
Fellow A-Levelfag here. Turned 18 last September so it's all good.
>mfw set on getting As-A*s in each of my three subjects
>mfw those subjects are Business, English Lit/Lang and Film
I have entirely mixed feelings.
>>
>>28630510
AQA Business?

If so I do that too and it's not too hard imo but I can't write long essays in short amounts of time ie in exams.
>>
>completely fuck up a levels
>do a shitty access course afterwards cos can't find a job
>get into a shit russell group uni to do bio
not so bad I guess
>>
>>28630560
which uni, lad?
>>
>>28630560
It's Russell Group so it can't be too bad, well known at least. Which one?

I'm doing bio, is it good at uni or does it become shit?
>>
>CCEA
>I'm completely fucked because I'm not smart and have never achieved higher than a B

I could legit have learning difficulties, at least it feels that way. In tests I do okay but the final exam fucking stumps me
>>
>>28630601
Bio seems good at uni at least from my experience at the Queen's open day
>>
>>28630599
>>28630601
Liverpool. I can't really answer your question properly cos I'm only a first year myself but so far it's been quite boring. It's not very difficult.
>>
>>28630544
Yeah, but I don't have to worry since my shit handwriting made me elligble for typing.

Got 80wpm so word counts aren't a worry at all.
>>
>>28630688
fuck I need that. my handwriting is pretty bad too but they never gave me the option.
>>
>>28630468
Who got Philosophy on thursday?
>>
>tfw taking A level math class
>taking the A/B level of the O/General math class
>doing more and doing better at A levels than simple O level math on assessments

What the fuck is my brain doing.
>>
what is the usa equivalent to a levels?
>>
>>28630853
A-levels is after our high school (ends at 16).

So they are from ages 16-18, and then university after that.
>>
>doing a-levels
>introverted and unsociable
>leave school
>get comfy apprenticeship
>become sociable

Life works in mysterious ways.
>>
>>28630921
What type of aprenticeship?

Engineering a shit
>>
>>28630609
what subjects senpai?

oooo
>>
File: of feels and frogs.jpg (107 KB, 566x720) Image search: [Google]
of feels and frogs.jpg
107 KB, 566x720
>>28630468
will from inbetweeners is a fucking redditcunt, duh.
also i like this frog quite alot
>>
>>28631135
Lenny did literally nothing wrong, just BTFO manlets and roasties.

And the inbetweeners is not reddit, it's perfect m8.
>>
>>28630510
Doing Economics, History, Physics and English here.

Exams coming up and literally 0 studying in favour of animu.
Time to be a NEET.
>>
>>28630468
A levels were piss easy, just wait till you get to uni, this is some hardcore bullshit.

I have an exam in 2 days and I've done no revision. I'm fucked.

A-levels are to uni what GCSE's are to A-levels.
>>
>>28630560
I got into exeter off an access course at age 19. lol @ u
>>
>>28631156
>the inbetweeners is not reddit, it's perfect m8.
LITERALLY your life, right m8?
die in a fucking fire
>>
>>28631539
Yeah I agree they are easy, but only if you revise at least a bit. I haven't and am probably just as fucked as you. Still a few weeks to go I guess.
>>
>A-levels

in a few years you'll realise how easy they are

just use the revision books and do every past paper
>>
File: 1456794285235.png (65 KB, 355x328) Image search: [Google]
1456794285235.png
65 KB, 355x328
>tfw flopped A-levels but got a 1st class degree
>>
>>28631563
yeah that's why it's funny because people can relate to it. if you had friends in high school of course :^)
>>
File: FML.gif (495 KB, 400x227) Image search: [Google]
FML.gif
495 KB, 400x227
>>28631564
What are you studying? I'm doing medicine for some idiotic reason I forgot. Why did I have to pick a hard degree.

Should have just gone with social studies or some slacker shit like that.
>>
>>28631669
Biology, Maths and Chemistry. Gonna do Bio at uni.

You could have done an easy degree, but would probably be a waste of time and money.
>>
>>28631714
Might have been a waste of time or money, but i could still get a generally well paying job that's easy to do, instead of dealing with the stress of medicine.

I'm going to have to get a doctorate, and have you seen the news lately about the shit doctors are getting?

My future in the NHS is fucked.

ER is going to be fucking stressful all the time, doing the rounds on admitted patients will be exhausting and repetitive.

Only upside is when i'll be allowed to be a GP after like 5 or ten years on the job, when I only have to deal with idiots complaining about colds while i refuse them antibiotics.
>>
>>28631817
yeah it sounds fucked. whole UK is to be honest.
>>
File: Pepewillbewithmethroughitall.jpg (14 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Pepewillbewithmethroughitall.jpg
14 KB, 320x320
>>28631868
Same could be said about any country desu. Pretty much anywhere in the modern world is screwed up in one way or another.

Well, at least I get a cool title to refer to myself by.
>>
>>28632013
Fucking "desus" changing my typing. Meant to say "to be honest"
>>
>>28630751
Me famalam

Retaking AS

Fuck my life
>>
>>28631817
>choosing to be a Doctor in Britain

Fucking why? My cousin's looking at becoming a teacher, it's just fucking stupid to be these kinds of professions in this country. Either jump on the private healthcare before the NHS is inevitably privatized, it'll be better for you and your health.
>>
>>28632415
Oh, I don't know, maybe I just had a sliver of hope once that I could actually help someone in the world.

Guess i'm a huge faggot for thinking that, huh.
>>
Maths, further maths, physics latin (have to take further maths as a 4th in my school so I had to do it.
>>
>>28632560
Yes, but are you willing to sacrifice 90% of your time and years of your life for a health service that's being fucked to all hell by the current government? The chances are you'll be working with fat fucks with diabetes, smokers, drinkers, etc most of the time.

There is a sliver of hope, but to me it's just not worth it.
>>
>>28632583

Same for me senpai, except chemistry instead of Latin. Luckily it's not on any of my uni offers though so idgaf.
>>
>>28632610
There's not much I can do about now, anyway. Locked into the degree, locked into the doctorate, etc. etc.

Can't get out of any of this shit.

Sure, I could try to get into the private sector, but that's so much harder, and you need to be pretty good to get there.
>>
>>28632651
The one thing bad about a national health service is that it doesn't give doctors much choice.

Hope you're able to put up with all the bullshit, and if you do you're a much stronger man than me.

Just know that it is only going to get worse, unless a miracle happens the UK is a one-party country for the foreseeable future. The Tories will not rest until we're America-lite.
>>
If you're not getting straight A's you're probably a mong
>>
>>28632708
Who the fuck knows if i can deal with it. I don't really have much choice but to find out.

Here's hoping that everyone gets fed up with cameron and backs the NHS. I doubt strikes are going to do shit, but I've got to hope for something.
>>
>>28631539
Wow I wonder why you're going to fail. University is not that hard as long aren't a complete lazy fuck up
>>
>>28632803
Everyone can get fed up but as long as the entire media is hell-bent against Labour all the Tories need is that sweet 25% of the vote to get another majority in 2020. They don't give a shit if they piss off the other 75% by killing the NHS.
>>
>>28632818
What did/do you study at university then?

Revision and being focused only gets you so far if the exams, content and everything else is bullshit.

I had a question earlier this year on what the date Darwin's theory of evolution was published. And it was on a cells and microbiology module.
If I had to learn dates, i would have chosen history

>Inb4 you're an idiot if you don't know general knowledge like when that book was published.
>>
>>28632831
First past the post definitely need to be changed. It's a stupid system, just look at the shit UKIP got last election.
>>
>>28632919
It won't be changed it's rigged to keep it between Tory and labour you think they'll.give smaller parties a chance?
>>
>>28632919
It won't whilst it benefits the current leaders. We also had a referendum which, since Brits are afraid of change that doesn't screw over the poor, had the obvious result.
>>
>>28632945
I don't really think that we're afraid of change, I just think that we're too apathetic to give a shit about changing things.
>>
>>28632900
I'm doing biology at one of the top 5 universities in the country. I got AAB (A* EPQ) for A levels at my shitty state school and my grades so far put me in the top 15-20 of the year here.

I get good grades because I work hard. I also have a brilliant social life. If you're doing badly it's 90% because you don't work hard enough when you have to. I think that's a really encouraging thing because it means most people can improve their situation by simply putting more effort in.

I'm not saying some exam questions aren't bullshit though. My chemistry module in first year had a lot of that.
>>
>>28633010
Real eager to prove your intelligence and social worth there, huh?

And sure, hard work gets you places, i'm not going to deny that, it's fucking obvious, but sometimes you just get dealt a shitty hand, and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>28633157
A shitty hand like going to a shitty school and underachieving in A levels?

I was also replying to a comment complaining about likely failing an exam due to doing no work until two days before it's held...
>>
>>28631539
I guess it's different for everyone. For me GCSE to A-Levels was a big jump but Uni is basically same difficulty as A2. I'm second year now.
>>
>muh A levels
>muh degrees
>thinking you'll ever get a job in mudslime kingdom

You realise all your qualifications are practically worthless when you're not Chad, right? :^)
>>
Think I fucked up my geography resit lads.
>>
Keep working hard Goys!
>>
File: Trybetterm8.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Trybetterm8.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>28633416
Come on, make a better effort than that.
>>
File: Girls-Laughter.jpg (20 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
Girls-Laughter.jpg
20 KB, 500x310
>he thinks years studying towards a qualification will get him anywhere in life
>>
>>28633276
Nah, a shitty hand like terrible lecturers, with no warning on the content of the exams.

And no, I don't go to a shitty university if you're going to excuse it with that, at one of the russell group unis.
>>
>>28633624
Observe:
>>28633561
You guys need to bring out some better b8.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (10 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
10 KB, 228x221
>>28633711
>he keeps telling himself that he'll become successful if his works hard enough for the education jew
>>
>"Remember goyim... Your hard work is only training for when you work for me at your big dream job! You will almost certainly get your fair pay of moolah!"
>>
File: 1462056907654.png (238 KB, 297x412) Image search: [Google]
1462056907654.png
238 KB, 297x412
Daily reminder that the education system is rigged as to only let through a certain amount of A* and A grade students. This is done to keep a tight class system.
>>
File: 1459039789888.png (191 KB, 490x406) Image search: [Google]
1459039789888.png
191 KB, 490x406
A level student here. Doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Electronics (all OCR). I have M2 tomorrow morning, spent the whole day off doing M2 papers. I did three and got 68/72, 70/72, and 69/72. Pretty hopeful for a good grade. I'm applying to Southampton for electronic engineering with nanotechnology and need A*AA.

Here's a question anons: Am I allowed to take 4 AAA batteries into the exam? I use a graphical calculator and it has run out of power before, so I wanted to take some spares just in case.
>>
>>28634880
yeah of course you can
>>
>>28634880
my nigga
I'm doing maths, physics and electronics, hoping to go to southhampton to do electrical engineering

but I'm and AQA fag, had my ELEC1 paper today, was a fucking doddle

strange, I talked to some guy at my college who took extra batteries in with him, so I think you're okay?
>>
Medicine, WWU germany
>>
>>28635044
What's AQA electronics like? OCR's pretty good, especially since a lot of their science exams are shit
>>
>>28635238
the maths involved is easy as fuck, not harder than some basic GCSE algebraic rearrangement, basically you just have to remember a lot of stuff, easy if you study an hour everyday a few months before the exam, you can also pretty much work everything out on the spot too if you don't feel like remembering equations etc
>>
>results day 2016
>10,000 new videos titled "grades don't matter"
>>
>>28634263
It's done because test papers are different difficulty year to year.
>>
>>28635293
He's already 3 paragraphs into his reply about how the goverment's corrupt and all that other shit
>>
>got one mark off full in a recent economics mock
>teacher decided to use the second highest marked work to show to the class
>mfw she told me she didn't show mine because it was too "intimidating"

Feels good, anons.
>>
>>28635338
>got 75/75 on a mechanics mock
>"wow really impressed look at anon's answers it's so well done"
>did the paper the night before and got lucky
>>
>>28635281
>the maths involved is easy as fuck
same with OCR. Literally all we have to remember is the equation for schmitt trigger switching voltages and bandwidth equations. there are basically no hard maths questions and even kirchoff's laws aren't required knowledge
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 320x180
>"P-please Mr. Employer... I've got all these specific course qualifications to prove I'm a hard worker, but I really want to show everyone how much social worth I actually have by working for another human being just PLEASE!! I DON'T WANT TO BE LAUGHED AT ANYMORE!!"
>>
>>28635388
You can't really get lucky in economics since all questions are equally as tough.

To be honest I hate having my work shown off but compliments are always nice.
>>
>>28635288
>muh Richard branson
>muh Simon Cowell
>muh Steve Jobs

Yeah because fucking anecdotal evidence about a few exceptions to the norm makes up for failing A-Levels. Normies are fucking feel good retards
>>
>>28635409
>Being this degenerate just because you aren't intelligent enough for a higher education.
>>
>>28630953
Accountancy.
>>
>>28630751
Literally going to revise the entire course tomorrow because I've yet to start
>>
The fuck is A-level?
>>
>>28636433
Obvious ameri-fag over here. GTFO.
>>
>>28636433
>britbong exams
>High school (?) level
>Split in half, AS exams taken in year 12 (first year of sixth form) A2 exams taken in year 13 (second year of sixth form)
>Other britbong exams at this level include the international baccalaureate (if you want to constantly bitch about the amount of work you need to do) and BTECs (if you're a useless failure or want an apprenticeship)
>>
>>28636502

Oh, and if you do well in your A-Levels, you're guaranteed a job starting at around $90K a year U.S. College is free for all Brits, along with healthcare.

This is one of the reasons the UK education system is much, much better than that in the States.

>I'm sure our American friends would love to learn more about how good we have it here
>>
>>28636459
ill give yur noggin a gud bashing if you don't shut em chops limey cunt
>>
>>28636676

I've heard about the free healthcare and college, but I'm pretty sure the automatic $90k/year job is bullshit.
>>
Maths exam tomorrow and fuck all revision done so heres to the bloody resit next year, though this time it'll be at a college cos sixth form can go fuck itself
>>
File: REEEEEEEEE.jpg (425 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEE.jpg
425 KB, 1080x1920
Time for a story with a half depressing, half inspirational end lads.

>Be me constantly suspended over stupid shit while doing GCSEs and doing badly academically.
>No friends, depressed and literally on the edge of suicide.
>Sat exams and did ok, got expelled as I was a "problem student" so moved to another school
>Predicted ACEE for AS since I forgot most of it from GCSE
>Had mostly genuinely nice, supportive teachers.
>Begin to actually feel happier and did better
>Did very well in exams, the school put me on the website and everything
>Talk to someone at my old school and realise I've done better than anyone there
>mfw the school expelled the student who would get the best grades
>Looking at universities and realise my GCSE grades have shrekt any chances at the top ones
>Butthurt but I knew this was true all along
>tfw working extremely hard just to get straight A* at a level and go to my old school and piss them off
>tfw it doesn't matter how well I do, I just want to piss off the normies for fucking up my uni applications
>tfw the 2 year wait is almost over, wish me luck lads
>>
>>28630468

>tfw Third year Undergrad Eng Lit student

Uni is great. Make the most of it. Mine is over now. My life is over now.
>>
>>28630669
Second year Liverpool student reporting in. I hate it here
>>
>>28637754
I forgot too add that i still hate almost everyone there, and that I'm extremely grateful to my teachers this year for not being stuck up assholes.
>>
>>28637806
Why? What don't you like?
>>
>>28632415
>becoming a teacher

Professionalfag here. All of my friends who are teachers are bailing on the career entirely. Teaching is far, far worse than even the health service at the minute. They all do 50-60 hour weeks while being paid for 40 and the whole "holidays" thing is a meme. They have to do marking and exams to make up for their shitty, low wages.

Just go overseas.
>>
>>28630468
18 also.
Geography, Biology, Politics and Economics.
>>
A2 lad here, probs gonna get AAB in bio, phys and maths respectively. Don't really mind though cause I got an unconditional offer from lancs so it's not that bad. Good luck robots
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.