[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the reality of life so unfair at an intrinsic level? We
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1460726446832.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1460726446832.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2000
Why is the reality of life so unfair at an intrinsic level?
We are born without consent, and once our abysmally short lives are over, we have to die and be content with rotting forever in a box.
Does this seem like too much of a burden to anyone else? Why do I have to end my time in this universe dead?
Why is it so unfair, man?
>>
>Babby's first realization that cosmic absurdity is the only truth.

25% original commento
>>
life doesn't give a shit about people, just think about all the children who get cancer and die before they're like 8 years old

that's what life is
>>
Maybe you don't
Maybe there's some big secret that's kept hidden from us
At least I hope there is

Life is only too long when it's too short
>>
>>28630334
>abysmally short lives
This is the litmus test of the edgy kid rather than genuine hopeless nihilist.

Life is the longest thing you will ever consciously do.
>>
>>28630334
death is good, get turned to ashes or something, maybe demand that your body get's dumped in the wilderness for scavengers to eat.
Travel to india and become some homeless guys dinner. There are plenty alternatives to rotting in a box.
>>
>>28630334
>he doesn't want to die
>he doesn't understand that existence in itself is absurd and death is only salvation
>he doesn't understand that without meaning infinite existence would be hell
>he doesn't understand that if given the ability to be immortal and die at will he will eventually choose death
>>
You have everything inverted. The brevity of life should motivate you to savor your good experiences. So what if you're a meat machine animal, doomed to die? Come out of your mind and think more of your body. It is your direct connection to nature and your place in the universe.
>>
you could try being grateful you are brought into life in the first place.
its an exclusive club
and youre in a fukkin first world country too
its like you make it your mission to be as ungrateful as possible
>>
it seems unfair because we're deluded at an early age to deny death and to inflate our egos being told we are special and the centre of the universe.
>>
>>28630359
Definitely not my first, but each time it sinks in more
>>28630384
>Life is the longest thing you will ever consciously do
Only works on the scale of human lifetimes. Human lifetimes are fucking tiny in comparison to most things.
>>28630473
Then why are you here?
>>
Everything you said is wrong and based on false beliefs.

>Why is the reality of life so unfair at an intrinsic level?
This isn't "reality", it's a small fraction of an experience reality

>We are born without consent
Non-existence isn't a thing, we were never really "born" into existence how you think we were

>once our abysmally short lives are over, we have to die and be content with rotting forever in a box
Non-existence isn't a thing. We go to other places after death

>Does this seem like too much of a burden to anyone else?
Yes, but I understand that this is a prison planet and that it gets much better from here as long as you apply yourself

>Why is it so unfair, man?
It's all worth it in the end
>>
File: 1459329598653.jpg (19 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1459329598653.jpg
19 KB, 480x480
>>28630590
>This isn't "reality", it's a small fraction of an experience reality
Then it IS our "reality".
>Non-existence isn't a thing, we were never really "born" into existence how you think we were
We "were" nothing and now we "are" here.
>We go to other places after death
What proof of this is there?
>it gets much better from here as long as you apply yourself
>It's all worth it in the end
Not necessarily
>>
>>28630334
Hey, there's a fix for all that, just be born rich and/or good looking :)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.