[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone gone cold turkey on antipsychotics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1462409869004.jpg (17 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1462409869004.jpg
17 KB, 480x270
Has anyone gone cold turkey on antipsychotics?
>>
Which ones? Never from a very high dose. SSRI's usually have a harsher withdrawal.
>>
>>28628099
Seroquel. I know it's one of the nicer ones but the anxiety burns.
>>
>>28628099
>stop taking escitalopram suddenly
>no withdrawal

Feels good man. I haven't noticed any change between when I was on them and when I'm off them. Fucking meme pills
>>
>>28628108
I just started on that one. How has it treated you so far? Any reason you're thinking about quitting?
>>
>>28628176
It made me super sleepy so I would take some before bed to make sure I get a nice sleep. It works though.

Which others have you tried?
>>
>>28628195
You might have better luck with Latuda. I was on it for a long time. It has helped other people I know and gotten very positive feedback for the most part. A newer atypical, with few side effects. Overall, slightly less energy than usual but otherwise very tolerable. Also, be sure to have a meal with it.
Then there's Saphris. Rapidly effective at stopping depressive episodes and delusion, I found it a bit heavy hitting but a useful PRN all the same. Nearly all drugs in this class are likely to induce some varying measure of drowsiness, and should be taken at the smallest therapeutic dose.
Lastly, there's Zyprexa. The last line of defense, and not one I'd recommend except to avoid the hospital, due to its rapid onset of weight gain.
>>
>>28628304
Have you ever taken two at the same time? Even for a short while?
>>
>>28628366
Yeah, the first two when I was on too low a dose of Latuda (takes a few weeks to really work), and I cut in with the Saphris to keep things from getting out of control in the short-term. You've got to be careful mixing powerful drugs like this, because the liver can only process so many of certain enzymes and there can be unexpected interactions. I'd ask your doctor first if you're looking to try something like that.
>>
>>28628099
I wish I got withdrawal but I don't, so I have a hard time remembering to keep taking them. It doesn't matter what dosage I'm on.
>>
>>28628074

I stopped taking seroquel 300mg overnight. But I had a klonopin prescription so I didn't notice the withdrawal. My sleep cycle fucked up though.

>>28628304

Latuda made me a functional retard. I scored in the 99th percentile for the LSAT and after I took Latuda I struggled with addition. It also caused EPS.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.