[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obfuscation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: Larry_David.jpg (104 KB, 515x364) Image search: [Google]
Larry_David.jpg
104 KB, 515x364
Post in this thread if you are beyond the stage where you still whine about not having a girlfriend and instead choose to tie yourself up into a philosophical pretzel. What do you crazy motherfuckers believe? I want to hear it.
>>
>>28625726

What do you want to hear? People who legit believe crazy stuff won't identify it as crazy.
>>
>>28625765
Well I have a lot of weird ideas. Basically I believe the negative utility of mere existence is so high that suicide is a universally advisable course of action. Can I prove it? No but the other thing is I don't have to because as I do not have free will, no matter what I believe or do for that matter I can always imagine that I am blameless and its completely out of my control. This frees me up to assimilate logical inconsistencies as I please without feeling the need to reconcile them. I can even be openly hypocritical. My social programming probably necessitates that I become a worse person and therefore even should the "logic" of negative utilitarianism taken to this extreme should fail I can simply shore it up by acknowledging that I have slave morality and doing nothing about it because what do I care? I mean, I can't in the first place.
>>
>>28625726
I believe human existence is an inherent negative, making me extremely misanthropic. That a lone man in the wilderness can starve, die of exposure, injury, and predation is true, but the same can be said for a group of people as well, or members of any sort of society. Even in the modern world we can still suffer at the hands of nature, but the difference is that the lone man in nature won't suffer betrayal, nor hatred, nor malice, nor ignorance, because those things can only come from humans, and can only be directed at other humans.

>>28625975
Very nicely put as well.
>>
File: 17608609.jpg (171 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
17608609.jpg
171 KB, 1024x680
I believe that western civilization is experiencing a demographic collapse (third world immigrants won't alleviate it) that's the consequence of a deeper spiritual collapse. Put simply, we're all out of energy.

Not to belabor the post with too many examples, I'll just give one that should show you our current situation. Imagine if cars were invented today. Nobody would be allowed to drive them. The system would be too slow to accommodate the new technology, and it would take 30+ years for them to become available for widespread use.

This is because our culture has gotten old, and beareaucratic and as tedious as a gibbering old man. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. You don't have to look very far.

Everywhere I go, all I see in the faces of the people around me is ugliness. Nobody looks at other people anymore. Nobody cares about each other anymore. Nobody's capable of love, or believe, or true creativity or even just fucking being a useful member of society anymore.

It used to be that getting a wife and kids was the baseline for average. Anyone could do it.

Now it's impossible. It's out of our grasp. When I look at my parents generation, then I look at my own, I can't help but feel the sense of oncoming doom, as palpable as my own heartbeat fluttering.

Did you know that our generation has fewer sex than the ones that came before us? /r9k/ is a new phenomenon, and it's a symptom of our decaying culture. Not to mention the dismal job situation. You blow $120,000 learning that women and love aren't real, that mohammed down the street is 100% the same as the guys who built the space shuttle-you learn to hate yourself, you learn to be even more afraid of women than ever before, because you need affirmative consent to even fucking talk to them now-you buy this degree, and it's worthless.

I truly feel that there's nothing that we can do to stop it, because nobody even believes that it's happening. But we're doomed. We're fucking doomed, and nobody cares.
>>
>>28626800
The reason I consider this a crazy belief is because I'm the only one who believes it. The reason I think I can see it is because I like to write stories.

Kafka said of Picasso that any creative person is like a watch running slightly fast. They can see whats coming before it arrives.

Many people argue that Kafka's works predicted the holocaust. I feel akin to him in that way. I can see something coming, and I just want to warn people to get ready for it.
>>
>>28626800
>Imagine if cars were invented today. Nobody would be allowed to drive them.
A weird example, but overall I think you're right overall. I think there's lots of people that agree with you, on /r9k/, 4chan, and probably in the real world as well.
>>
>>28626800
>Not to belabor the post with too many examples, I'll just give one that should show you our current situation. Imagine if cars were invented today. Nobody would be allowed to drive them. The system would be too slow to accommodate the new technology, and it would take 30+ years for them to become available for widespread use.
Not a good example because this is exactly how it was back in the day when cars WERE invented. The modern concept of an automobile was made in the 1880s but people weren't able to use them properly until the 1920s.
>>
>>28626800
It used to be that the degree could carry people. Now its value deflated with so many people getting them.

Now it's who you know that gets you jobs and success. The people of /r9k/ aren't usually social, thus don't make the connections. We're in a world that values appearances and only appearances. Nobody cares because they aren't given rewards by caring. Hell by being a good worker you get more work expected of you with no compensation, on top of probably getting your coworkers fired since you just did "four employees worth of work".

That's just the business side of things though, fuck the job society and its market.
>>
>>28626909
Ah, well now you see why I'm consigned to the dustbin of an obfuscation thread: a fundamental disrespect towards empiricism.

My theory however, only gets stronger the flimsier it becomes. In what other era would people try to countenance their points by using examples of things that they literally knew nothing about?
>>
>>28626944
I hate this new nepotist economy. It just feels so fake and pointless. One guy could do just as good of a job as the next guy, but you're going to hire me because I Fucking Love Star Wars too??

I feel like we're demanding our own destruction at this point
>>
>>28625726
I fucking hate people and their pointless shit. Not even being edgy, just really fucking hate everything.
>>
>>28625726

I'm not crazy, I just don't want to interact with women or anyone for that matter, there's nothing to gain from it, it's just a waste of time, money and energy.
I have no desire to ever get a girlfriend, there's just no point, and tying myself down it would just be constant paranoia, I couldn't live with someone, how could I trust them not to steal from me, not to poison my food, I already moved out from my parent's house because I was certain they were poisoning my food every day in small doses and making me have thoughts I wouldn't otherwise have and I don't want to go through that again
>>
>>28625726
>What do you crazy motherfuckers believe?
It's not necessarily that I 100% believe it, but I feel like I died recently by choking on food but I'm somehow still alive. I mentioned it to someone online and they told me about "quantum immortality", which treats death as a binary event, always leading to another universe where you're still alive. My throat always hurts and I have trouble eating now, but I'm glad to still be alive.

It's probably not true, but I have a funny feeling about it that's hard to shake. I want to try something like jumping off a building to see if I'm still alive, but at the same time I'm really scared of death (and heights too).
>>
>>28625726
I would love to tell you mine but I have had multiple of them and I never remember what they're about because of the amount of transitions from topic to topic. Like they get deep-ish to a point and then it leads on to another erratic point and then I keep arguing until I'm too tired to care.

Oh and I argue with the voice in my head a lot while doing all that. He likes gallows humor. Which in turn means I like gallows humor, meaning he is a man of good taste. Holy shit my mind is a circlejerk sometimes.
>>
File: genders.jpg (379 KB, 1244x2000) Image search: [Google]
genders.jpg
379 KB, 1244x2000
>>28626800
>Did you know that our generation has fewer sex

No, we have more sexes than ever.
>>
Have some 4 AM ramblings.

(1/2)
Assuming that the self is the result of a series of statistics assembling themselves together in the form of genetics and their reaction to the stimulus provided by the environment, who would be the real "self" in a situation where you could take a 1:1 perfect copy of your "self" and implant it into a robot and turn it on.

Assuming you are in a locked room with this robot and it powers on, you and the robot are exactly the same person until one or the other has unique stimulus applied to it. Once one individual has this "unique" interaction with respect to it's counterpart, which entity continues to be the "self"?
Does the original vessel remain the "self" because it is the original?
Does the robot assume the mantle of "self" because it is the newest iteration?
Assuming the robot has the first unique stimulus applied, is that entity the new "self" even though it was not the original entity?
Assuming the human has the first unique stimulus applied, does he continue to own the "self" even though the robot is the newest iteration of the self?

Even if the robot and the human have the same event happen to them (e.g., a person greeting the individual), it would still be an entirely different event because even though they were both greeted, they did not take place in the same environment (location, time, person).
>>
File: 1460966608629.jpg (124 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1460966608629.jpg
124 KB, 800x600
>>28627563

(2/2)
The only way to identify the real "self" with certainty is to either never have the human power the robot on in the first place or should he power it on, to destroy it entirely before he leaves the room should he decide to power it on.

Now assuming all of this goes down, and you leave the room but your original "self" from the beginning of the story is again implanted into another separate robot after you have left the room, who is the real "self"? The only people in the room before the robot was removed (either destruction or not being powered on) from existence was his own exact copy, therefore the original self. However, the original self is changed because now it has destroyed itself and carries that new knowledge with it.

It could also be argued that we are "killing" our past selves at any moment of the day as we either age naturally by existing or reacting to our surroundings. So to say you can identify who the original was by not powering on the robot is not entirely correct because the original has already changed thus killing the past self.

I think I figured it out. The human is always the original because the human is cognizant of the robot before the robot is brought into existence whereas the robot is never cognizant of the human before it's activation thus giving the significant unique event that separates the two to the human because of this fact.

Shit's gonna be weird when this eventually becomes a thing and and you can have people successfully become transgender or transplanting your consciousness into another body as a disguise leaving your entire previous identity behind should you choose it.
>>
File: scrat.jpg (344 KB, 1280x723) Image search: [Google]
scrat.jpg
344 KB, 1280x723
>>28627499

>scrat

What the fuck?
>>
>>28627499

>all these degenerate sexualities
>excluding pedophilia

typical degenerates, demonizing the purest of all love while they embrace their faggotry
>>
File: snowflake.jpg (159 KB, 1000x472) Image search: [Google]
snowflake.jpg
159 KB, 1000x472
>>28627604

Get off my board, scratophobe!!!
>>
Whoa. Everyone here needs to be gassed pronto.
>>
File: 1300523965970.jpg (93 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
1300523965970.jpg
93 KB, 500x502
I always keep the idea of string theory and the multiverse in the back of my head.

I never commit to it 100% cause there's no way of knowing. But the thought that anything is possible and out there there's at least one universe where I'm rippin fat lines of coke off of hookers asses while jet skiing makes me happy.

I gotta be in this universe and follow this road right now. But who knows? Maybe when I die I get to live on in a parallel universe. Maybe it gets better. Or maybe my atoms rot in the ground and create new life which eventually reforms into another human conscious like my own and I come back in hundreds of years.
>>
>>28627133
>>28627146
>>28627190

Wow, that's some edge right there
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.