[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>economy is bad >older workers are taking low paying and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (223 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
image.png
223 KB, 300x450
>economy is bad
>older workers are taking low paying and entry level work
>new graduates are getting bumped off by people with way more experience
>employers are starting to demand 3-5 years experience and well developed professional skills for entry level jobs
This is how it ends
>>
Found the liberal arts major. This 3-5 years of experience meme is nowhere to be found in jobs that are actually in demand.
>engineer
>software developer
>nurse
>accountant
>financial analyst
In all of those careers they literally will not hire anyone but new graduates for entry level jobs.
>>
>>28622270
They've cucked us good. Even with """in demand""" trades positions, it's pretty hard to even find an employer to take you on for an apprenticeship. If you're lucky enough to get in, then you have all sorts of certificates & training that need to be repeated every 1-3 years. Every employer seems to have their own set of special certifications required. Few transfer between regions.
>>
>>28622389
I heard that is just a shit test to discourage unqualified people from applying.

At the end of the day, they just want a normie that can talk his way through the interview without sperging out.
>>
>>28622389
I have a degree in CS from a well respected university so take your stem meme and shove it up your ass

I am a programmer who has had interview after interview end with them telling me I'm not qualified for a literal entry level position because some pajeet with 5 years experience is willing to work for 30k a year no benefits so don't act like you know anything when you're just parroting some memes faggot
>>
>>28622514
No they used to be but now they can actually get those people for those prices which is an issue
Why would they hire new grads when they can get someone who is overqualified for the same price?
>>
>>28622534
Did you graduate with a good GPA and complete an internship in software engineering at a recognizable company in your junior year? If no: Time for grad school, because you fucked up.
If yes: You're clearly a piece of shit and no one hires you because they wouldn't want to work with you.
>>
I'll take one for the team
>>
>>28622667
Kill yourself and go back to /g/
I know what I am and am not qualified for in a normal job market and I'm pretty damn sure some worker with 5 years experience shouldn't be competing for jobs with new grads, or something is seriously wrong
>>
>>28622270

If you're just getting out into the world now, at least you can congratulate yourself that you didn't come out in the depths of the Great Recession. I'm part of a lost generation. Tons of us got knocked off course, and it's not like new graduates stopped getting made while the world got back to its feet, so now the returning entry levels are essentially closed off. We showed up too late. We're not fresh faces with a degree in hand, willing to work whatever hours for whatever, that was too long ago, but we're not experienced faces that bring a lot to the table because we just got started in the past few years.

I wish I'd gone into computers like everyone else, it's the only thing that did well and wasn't run completely by senile dickbags. I still might not've made it but at least I would've had a god damn chance.
>>
>>28622818
Computers and programming has been ruined by a combination of
>people seeking an easy paycheck
>coding camps and applied colleges churning out people who ace no breadth of knowledge, they are retards once they leave their comfort zone
>HR workers trying to quantify skill and compatibility Ina field that is hard as hell to quantify
>3rd worldera having low level positions outsourced to them and willing to work for pennies to the dollar
It will be fixed when the next new craze hits and people start moving to that
>>
>>28622899

HR is a pretty crazy kind of work. I wonder what it's like in there.
>>
>did journalism
>got job
what did i do right lads?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.