[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>3.8 high school gpa >2.6 freshman year uni gpa i thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6
File: 1460963938336.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1460963938336.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>3.8 high school gpa
>2.6 freshman year uni gpa

i thought i could make it
>>
no employer gives a shit about your gpa just pass your courses and maybe do some community service and you'll be gucci
>>
don't beat yourself up too bad. this is really, really common for people just starting at Uni. Now you know what's expected of you and you can do better sophomore year.
My first year I did really shit, but I've come back around now. I went from a 2.8 to a 3.5 in two semesters!
>>
>4.24 high school gpa, straight As, got into ivy league college
>3.1 college gpa, about to graduate
Just kill me.
>>
File: 1428358066617.jpg (86 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1428358066617.jpg
86 KB, 512x512
>1.8 high school cumulative
>2.2 college cumulative
>do easy contract work and have never really had to work hard in my entire life
>>
>>28621292
Pretty normal turn of events. Let me guess, you never studied in high school?

Well it's time to start hitting the books, faggot.
>>
Uni is such a pain in the ass and I regret ever deciding to touch a book again. I cannot stress how sick of academia I am.

Should have done a trade just fucking kill me.
>>
>tfw Highschool dropout
>tfw brother gives me shit for it even though he's doing nothing with his diploma

>angryfrog.jpg
>>
>>28621432
You're graduating Ivy League breh... Fug your GPA
>>
>>28621432
Your are golden family, no worries
>>
>4.0 freshman GPA
>3.8 sophomore GPA
>3.5 junior GPA
>3.4 senior GPA
I just need to get out before it drops further. Soon.
>>
>>28621432
Lol gladly. You smug pretentious fuck.
>>
>>28621972
....that's not bad retard.
>>
>>28621432
>straight As, 2390, got into UChicago
>3.4 college GPA with 3 withdraws
Yeah go ahead and kill me too
>>
>3.2 high school gpa in a shitty school
>but 2300 SAT
>get accepted to top 30 uni for engineering
>unsurprisingly I can't make it and get kicked out
work ethic not even once
>>
>>28621432
>>28621972
>>28622197
Is this a meme thread? If you graduate with a 3.0 or higher you're fucking set. Less than 3.5 only excludes you from high tier companies ONLY if your resume is barren otherwise. My major GPA is a 2.9 and I have a job at a top accounting firm.
>>
>>28621292
>5.0 GPA in high school
>National Honor Society, 2500 on the SAT, 40 ACT scor
>Attending MIT for undergrad
>Only got a 3.99 average
>now my bachelor's degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering is worthless

END MY LIFE
>>
>>28622239
Not saying it's bad, but it's depressing to see it only go down, and never back up.
>>
>>28622239
When you go to the Ivy League, they promise you the world. Then it slowly fades as your classmates become more competitive and your friends with 3.85+ gpas get 90k starting jobs before graduating and the university seems to care less about you.
>>
>>28622362
how much of a lazy retard can you be to not find good internships in a fucking ivy league school
>>
>>28622405
It's competitive.
That being said, I was weighed down by classes among other things and despite many interviews I simply didn't get an offer.
>>
>>28622441
>it's competitive
>this is a valid excuse
HAHAHAHAHA you sad poor NEET-at-heart
>>
>>28621292
>2.5 highschool gpa
>3.5 freshamn year gpa
Wow you must be really fucking retarded if you can't handle 100 level courses. I wasn't even trying either.
>>
>>28622239
My parents are spending a quarter of a million dollars on a degree so I can get a middle class job. I could have gone anywhere else. Only the top tier at the Ivies get really good jobs.
>>
>>28621292
>2.6 uni gpa too
It's okay OP. We just gotta get some Bs and As this term and we'll be golden.
>>
>>28622246
try to make it a bit less obvious next time m8

here's your (you)
>>
>>28622508
>actually going to an ivy league without scholarship or massive financial aid when your parents aren't old money multimillionaires
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>28621292
I graduate with a 2.55.

Got a job making 62k.

Never fear anon. Unless you only took asstarded classes.
>>
Got forced dropped from calc 2
7th attempt too
It was my last chance.
Now my student loans will start. My life will be over now that I will have to min wage my self to pay off 4 years of uni tuition.
I should have given up a long time ago but I was too caught up in the dream of decent career and a home and a wife.
>>
>Had a 4.0 in high school

> 3.1 after first year

> 0.1 gpa away from losing my full ride scholarship :/
>next year is gonna be fun
>>
Don't listen to anyone who says "it doesn't matter where you do your undergrad," cause I can 100% assure you it does. I graduated w/ a degree in EE and applied for an IC design position at Texas Instruments. They laughed at me and said they only hire guys from the Ivy Leagues.
>>
>>28622682
You failed Calculus 7 times?
>>
>>28622682
>7th attempt
You deserve squalor. Enjoy stocking shelves and scrubbing toilets senpai.
>>
>>28622706
>ivy leagues
>engineering
????????????????
>>
Guys I feel overwhelmed I'm going to start uni next year but I don't know if I'm smart enough I'm entirely average when it come to intelligence and I don't know if I should still go I don't want to fail and kill myself
>>
>>28622539
Well we're top 0.3% or something so it's not a big deal, but I still feel bad about wasting money, especially since they worked really hard for it (immigrants)
>>
File: skele1.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
skele1.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
careful anons!!!!
>>
>>28622732
>>28622741
>tfw also dropped calc 2 for the 3rd time while all of my other classes are As
>I'm probably completely fucked and will have to change major if I don't beg my advisor to let me take it again
goddamn I just want to be a code monkey drone fuck real math
>>
>>28622682
You have to stop settle for a business degree ..engineering isn't for everyone
>>
File: skele2.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
skele2.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
We got a skellington!!!!
>>
>>28622757
work ethic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> intelligence for success in college
intelligence is a meme unless you're on one of the extreme ends
>>
>2.0 in high school
>4.0 grad in college

I miss the easy days.
>>
God damn. All these fucking skeletons
>>
>>28622744
What's wrong with that? Ivy League schools have engineering departments
>>
>>28622774
>>28622774
Calculus 2 isn't what people would call "real math." It's applied math and computations, hence the name "calculus".

Study the course before you take it this time.

Audit the course the semester before you take it. Understand? Audit the course first and then study online material and all that. Know it before you go in. Then you should be ok.
>>
>>28622774
7th attempt annon here
Just find a community college and take calc 2 there.
Unfortunately I did that 4 times now and my loan payments will start soon
Do your hw
Toss your pride
And you will be okay
>>
>>28622793
This is true. I embraced the Bonnie lifestyle of having a somewhat decent social life my first year. I blame this for my decrease in gpa from high school to college. Just don't have a social life and eventually become chronically depressed because of it and your gpa will be fine.
>>
>>28622758
Yes and I'm Trump.
>>
>>28622820
Normie* lifestyle.
I swear I'm not a skeleton
>>
>>28622835
I really don't give a shit if you don't believe me, so I don't know what you're trying to prove here
>>
>3.8 high school GPA
>3.2 uni GPA
>currently stocking shelves for single digit an hour pay

I should have done some extracurriculars or had some fucking ambitions.
>>
Hi OP! I felt the same way as you, it's okay.

>2.2 gpa first semester freshman year
>2.5 cgpa second semester, 2.8 sessional gpa
>did some summer courses, boosted it
>second year started taking courses I liked, made it past 3.0

Even before I started fixing my gpa in second year, I was okay. I applied for research positions on campus and was told my application was "strong" by several TAs because it was clear I liked the subject matter I was studying.

Unless you're going into a professional or graduate school, you don't need a high gpa. If you do have a graduate degree in mind, professors usually toss you bonus marks in fourth year. Plus, you can do courses where you right a thesis, volunteer at a lab, or look at job opportunities on campus during the summer and regular course year.

You'll be okay, OP.
>>
4.0/4.0 hs
3.97/4.0 undergrad
feelsgoodman. imposter syndrome's still a bitch tho
>>
>>28622493
It's almost like you guys go to the same school and took the exact same classes!
>>
>>28621292
>.027 GPA or something freshman year of high school
>1.3 overall
>3.8 first semester of college
>have to drop out and get a job because my mom went mental
>22
>working shitty management job I hate
>too old/poor/autistic to go back to school
>>
3.2 high school gpa
Went to a shitter college for a year and got a 3.6 then transferred to a good university, now have a 3.85 junior GPA in computer science
>>
File: 059.png (71 KB, 353x352) Image search: [Google]
059.png
71 KB, 353x352
>4.22 high school
>1.9 after two quarters of college
>>
>>28623059
Shhhhhhhhhh. It's ok anon. Everything will be ok.
>>
Fuck GPA. Who's the devil that created it? Tell him I said fuck you!
>>
>>28622996
What's the management job like?
>>
>>28623059
Similar feel, was able to unfuck self though
>4.0 high school GPA
>34 ACT
>ended freshman year with a 1.5, almost dropped out
>now ending sophomore year with a 2.8
I've pretty much only done GEs and have no resume but I'm less fugged
>>
>>28621432
This is where I see myself in 4 years, graduating from university while bitching about my 3.2 GPA.
>>
Ended highschool with around 9.8/10 overall average. I have only one semester left to graduate bachelor's, and I have 4.0 GPA so far. Will finish with 2yrs of work experience, and have leadership involvement. It's my hope that this makes my resume somewhat complete. It's been extremely hard and I have gotten severely sick just by trying to keep it up.
>>
File: 1450758588117.jpg (66 KB, 774x672) Image search: [Google]
1450758588117.jpg
66 KB, 774x672
Lol, surprised nobody's pointed this out yet

But when it comes to GPA, it matters what kind of high school or university you go to.
>>
>>28622289
It is how averages work. Unless you keep getting straight A's, your GPA will constantly drop. Every B is pulling you closer to 3.0 and anything lower drops you faster. It is simply math and you should not worry about it.

> Clearly it was mathmatics you did poorly in.
>>
>>28622441
you probably went to a shit tier Ivy maybe.

I doubt anyone in one of the god tier Ivies have any trouble finding internships, unless they were obvious affirmative action admits or something.
>>
>3.67 high school gpa
>currently have 3.679 gpa after freshman year

feels consistent
>>
>>28625206

>3.3 hs gpa
>3.01 uni gpa

feels average and steady, like i am the same and should just get on with my average life

i never soared high or sank low
>>
>34 on act
>3.0 gpa
>didnt get into anything good and get a 2.0 gpa at a state school
kms
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.