[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the difference between work and schooling? What makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1458417532347.jpg (38 KB, 509x499) Image search: [Google]
1458417532347.jpg
38 KB, 509x499
What is the difference between work and schooling?

What makes work so much worse than school?

Is it the hours?

The people?

The pay?

The routine?

I've never worked a day in my life because born into a rich family so all I have to do is sit in ""my"" apartment and not bother people.

Work doesn't seem that hard I think some of you just need to toughen up. If you did school, you can work since its basically school with less superficial shit
>>
>>28620872

>What makes work so much worse than school?

Work isn't worse than school. I would gladly take even a shit job at mcdonalds over being in school again.
>>
>>28620872
When you first start out with your job it's not all that bad. But as time goes on stupid small things that others start to bug you. Eventually that builds up into hatred and loathing. Knowing you have to deal with that shit every day with no end in sight quickly becomes a nightmare.
>>
My Work Experience
>$40,000/yr. | Working in Law | Occasional recognition | Colleagues who recognize I'm talented | LinkedIn

My College Experience
>3.7 GPA | VP of Student Government | University-wide (not just single college) recognition | Speeches | FB

Overall, both prove(d) well enough. I did have an ex, briefly, in college. Thanks to her I came out able to say I had sex. But beyond that just heartbreak. Adulthood kinda lonely. Watching family suffer (mom just lost her job) and recognizing I can only do so much to support. More freedom with work than college, so there's that. But college opportunities felt near endless.
>>
>>28620872

Work is better than school if the job is even halfway decent. Work can become a problem over time if the people you work with are making things difficult for whatever reason or the job is stressful or the job calls for long hours with no sense of accomplishment. Then all of those + maybe pay isn't good. And maybe you're stuck because of the economy or your abilities aren't in demand in current job market.
>>
>>28621085

and maybe you want to quit but you know that doing so right now would likely involve a huge pay cut because of last sentence in previous post.
>>
Jobs get worse as they go on. You tend to stagnate after a while and the money doesn't make you feel any better like it did at first.

Plus with school there's an end, you can say "oh I only have 2 more years of this", while with a job it's more like 35-40. Quitting can cause resume gaps that make it harder to get decent jobs in the future leaving you in a situation where you're miserable and trapped. If you have a family or something it's not as bad because you can convince yourself you're doing it for something greater than yourself, while if there's nothing else going on it feels really fucking pointless after a while.
>>
>>28620872
>DeWalt drill
>not Makita or Milwaukee
why even live desu desu desu
>>
>>28620872

I find work far preferable to school in most ways.
>>
>>28620872
Responsibility.

Fucking speds....
>>
>>28622570
Thank you for posting this for me, anon.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.