[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck how the fuck do people just sit down and learn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1441574801236.png (743 KB, 1384x1496) Image search: [Google]
1441574801236.png
743 KB, 1384x1496
What the fuck how the fuck do people just sit down and learn skills or whatever?
I have a guitar, a keyboard, a skateboard, and countless stuff to do online but can't be assed to do any of it.
Do people really just sit down and play shitty notes on their instruments and fall off skateboards till they git gud or is there skill in it?
>>
Normalfags are naturally drawn to things they are good at and because they're good at it they practice a lot which makes them better.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
JUST
U
S
T

DO
O

lT
T
>>
Some faggots somehow can make it after a few tries, but yeah, you have to fall and fall and fall till you get a hold of it
>>
You can't practice blindly at a skill and expect to get good at it. You need a clear plan to practicing certain skills to improve.
>>
You start by doing something easier. You're not playing complex classical compositions on your guitar or jumping down stair on the skateboard the first day you try getting into it. You play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and ride around your backyard for a while until you're ready for the next step.
The whole appeal of learning skills is that you progressively get better at them. The skill there is to it is being able to improve at a fast enough rate to not get frustrated.
>>
>>28620169
They watch someone else perform a trick or skill and then attempt to recreate it until they can emulate it perfectly. It's something normalfags have much skill in.

Sometimes they're directly shown the thing they're trying to do, sometimes they watch someone else do it, maybe in a skatepark or at a musical performance, and sometimes they seek it out online.
>>
>>28620169
Practice, commitment, time, understanding theories, and believing you are the best.

Talent is 10%. everything else is practice and knowledge.
>>
it's all developing skills through practice
the difference between actually putting in the effort and masturbating for the 3rd time today is a lifestyle that facilitates productive decision making
if you're a high schooler and your friends skate, and that qt you like is into sk8rs, you're going to practice more than the neet who woke up at 2pm, it has way less to do with raw willpower drawn from your soul, and more to do with large trends in your life that generate motivation
>>
So what, you think people are just naturally awesome at shit the first time they try OP? There are very few people who are good at something their first try. The other 98% have to practice.
>>
you spend your spare time learning whatever craft, and you share what you make with other artists until they tear your passion down, just like you did to everyone shittier at it than you were lucky enough to be. once that happens you made it congrats.
>>
I have no idea. In the same position. I try and get into programming, skateboarding, making music. But I can't. I haven't been able to since I was like 13. I just don't have the drive. that's why i need drugs.
>>
>>28620169
Yeah... you actually have to put EFFORT into getting a girlfriend you retard. Nothings just going to fall in your lap, your parents should have taught you that. If someone has something, they worked hard for it, you're just a lazy cunt who thinks he's entitled to everything but unwilling to do the things necessary for it. Maybe if you actually TRIED you'd have a better run in life
>>
>>28620389
You're right Chad, tomorrow I'm going to walk into the managers office and give him a firm handshake and then gf will finally be mine.
NEATO
>>
>>28620169

>Do people really just sit down and play shitty notes on their instruments and fall off skateboards till they git gud or is there skill in it?

It takes grinding to be a king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s9GIe1jy0o
>>
>>28620444

If you want to intentionally miss the point then you deserve to have nothing.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.