[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im 25 years old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1462662769447.jpg (54 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1462662769447.jpg
54 KB, 540x960
I started going to the grocery store instead of asking my big sis or mum to go for me last year.

The produce section scares me because I don't know how buying the fruit works.

With bananas and bags of onions there's a tag on them they can scan but with fruits now all of them are tagged so how does that work?

Do i put them in a bag?

Do I have to buy a certain number of them?

Why wasn't I taught these things in school?

How do people learn these things?

I just want to eat fruit.
>>
Fruits should be priced per pound. Put fruits in bag. Put bag on scale if you want to know how much it costs. They have a scale on the register so you'll pay accordingly.
>>
>>28619037
It depends what store you're at.

You're not alone though I avoided anything not pre-packaged for years. I still don't cook my own food 99% of the time.

>PROTIP: Eat dehydrated mixed fruit. Stops constipation, has a good mix of nutrients and it's cheap and prepackaged.
>>
Going to the grocery store was really scary for me too for while. My social anxiety would jack up my heartrate, and I had to focus on breathing slowly the whole time.

>With bananas and bags of onions there's a tag on them they can scan but with fruits now all of them are tagged so how does that work?
Your question is unclear. For common items like apples, the cashier can punch a usually 4-digit code into their machine (the PLU code). This does the same thing as scanning.

>Do I put them in a bag
Yea, you put items of the same type in a bag. The cashier then eyeballs how many are in there, and "rings it up" on their computer thing

>Do I have to buy a certain number of them?
No. If the items are individually displayed (E.g. apples, oranges, plumbs, ect), you just take as many as you want to pay for.

>Why wasn't I taught these things in school?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRPBFFvHRz0

>How do people learn these things?
I went to the store with my Dad throughout my teens, and picked up the rules just by being around it. It's not complicated. Your mind is making this way harder than it needs to be. Dress appropriately, keep your head down, be polite, do your business, and nobody will bother you (probably)
>>
>>28619152
It's also expensive.

>Not cooking your own food

How do you NEETs afford that?

Basic vegetables, fruits, and meats are like $1-2 a pound, usually, and even that strains my limited income when you factor in the dogs and cats. Everything just goes up astronomically from there
>>
Well with unmarked fruits you have to purchase at least three. Do NOT put them in a bag. The price is determined by color. The darker it is, the more expensive. For example, red apples are $7 per three. Three oranges are just $4. You can look up charts for other fruits online.
>>
>>28619037
>How do people learn these things?
Your parents teach you. You go shopping with them and see how they do it. Eventually, you go shopping on your own and do what they did. You regularly go shopping and just adjust as things gradually change over time.

It's another one of those things where a bit of downtime can throw you way back. You have to constantly practice everything all the time or you'll forget and fall behind.
>>
>was hikki truNEET for the longest time
>got a job at a local grocery store two years ago
>I learned how to socialize to such an extent that I can now call normie's bluffs with my own bluffs
>am pretty much alpha as fuck, my loser teenage coworkers admire me and think I'm an alpha motherfucker, invite me place
>reached management position since people that work retail ALWAYS have some severe malfunction, mine was just being an autist, but I'm high functioning enough to monkey see monkey do, improve on it and ascend

still haven't gotten laid though, that's a whole different ball game.
>>
>>28619037
>I just want to eat fruit.

Just do what this anon said:>>28619157
But to add onto that, if you feel uneasy just use the self checkout lane if they have one. Also go to a bigger supermarket because everyone who works there are almost dead inside and couldn't give a fuck what you buy,(if you're really desperate just pick the shit that you want and just walk out the store with it, they honesty don't give a fuck) but the smaller local fruit markets, they'll probably be all lively chatty. So avoid them if you can.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.