[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know im not the only robot thats out here making shitty mu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1460248220812.png (72 KB, 1042x968) Image search: [Google]
1460248220812.png
72 KB, 1042x968
I know im not the only robot thats out here making shitty music as well

Soundcloud/Personally made music thread

https://soundcloud.com/bensmokn/just-think

i just made this and the mastering is probably so shit
where my DAWbros at
>>
I used to record music. These are from 6 years ago. Probably would have been pretty good at it by now had I not become depressed and lost all interest.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=921363&songID=9596512

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=921363&songID=9495717

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=921363&songID=10093619
>>
>>28619022

I really like your sound. Really chill. What do you use for the electronic instruments?
>>
>>28620158
Thank you very much.
Well I use FL, and use stock plug in's. I try to add reverb and decay to give it the cloudy deep mix.
I go for the chill ambient and sort of depressing vibe in what I make.
Do you make music?
>>
>>28620243

Used to. I posted this. >>28620012
>>
https://soundcloud.com/willowedwit

I have two albums to.
>>
Can anyone give tips on how to start writing music?
I can only play piano thought
>>
>>28620012
What the hell, I fuck with this heavily. Although I love chillwave and sad music, I fucking love hardcore and deathcore.
>>
>>28620283
Just let your heart out.
>>
>>28620283
Im not a songwriter, but look into poetry.
I started getting into songwriting after I read T.S Elliot.
I could write a song, but its not like catchy or anything, I go for the City and Colour, Right Away, Great Captain type stuff. Look into Surrenderdorothy too.
Listen to peoples word play and how they describe things.
All I can say besides that is just write what you feel. Because there isn't some cookie cutting process I could say to make you just be able to write songs is why.
>>
I recently started play around with garage band

Anyone got tips for music making? I just want to dabble in it for fun, maybe upload a couple of cool little things to youtube.
>>
>>28620260
I definitely like your music.
Awesome that you made that almost 7 years ago.
You still making any?
>>
>>28620421

Thank you. I haven't made any except for a couple crappy electronic tracks since then, and even those were 4+ years back. I kind of want to get back into it, but I'm so out of practice with everything that it feels kind of overwhelming.
>>
>>28620323
>>28620388
I am kinda empty right now
So I just need to wait for some quality feels?
>>
is battery the best software for beatmaking?
>>
>>28620396
Practice. I've been using FL Studio for over 5 years and I still don't know half the shit to do with it. Theres so many buttons and knobs that do so many things and can alter your sound in negative ways as well. Just remember, MIX and MASTER your songs. IF you're putting it to the public on a music platform, if not then just play around, watch tutorials on yt for different effects and techniques. Keep your mixed track below -6db, and at the mastering stage is when you raise the volume to almost but not to 0db.
Keep your hihats snares claps cymbals low, your melody patterns mid range, kick 808 midway to high depending on how loud your melody is.
>>
>>28620464
Literally what I do. I just recently got back into FL again, I havent made a beat in months. One day I just got this crazy rush to make a ton of music and did so. I have alot of samples I haven't even finished because of all the shit I would have to do to release it to make it sound nice. I get lazy.
>>
dont have anything recorded, but i ordered a ditto looper+voodoo labs pedal PSU+jazz 3 max grip picks, and it's all coming tomorrow

it's going to be nice to not rely on fucking batteries any more once i set it all up and drill the holes on my board.
>>
>>28620542
That sounds pretty fucking badass considering all I have is a DAW with stock plug ins. I wish I had enough money to put into a nice studio set up.
>>
>>28620457
I remember when I gave up music for awhile.
iktf.
You should definitely get back into it. For me, its like therapeutic because I just get lost in the moment and forget about everything except the sound Im listening too.
>>
>>28620652
>I just get lost in the moment and forget about everything except the sound Im listening too.

I remember that feel. It was a great feel.

How long did you give up on it before you went back?
>>
>>28620590
it's nothing fancy, kind of a standard 'gig' pedalboard. i play around here and there around town and ive been relying on batteries like a moron for far too long. i mostly bought the looper to practice playing over progressions, i may use it when i'm playing out for like a backing track but i need to practice with it first.

i only really need a few more pedals for my own personal perfect pedalboard setup, but don't have the money yet. probably going to cost another $600 and i'll be good for a while
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.