[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One reason to live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 13
File: 55818837_p0.jpg (1 MB, 2600x1500) Image search: [Google]
55818837_p0.jpg
1 MB, 2600x1500
Who here /onereasontolive/?

I told my psychiatrist I only had one reason to live and she said "we'll give you more". It hasn't happened yet.

I also told a friend I only had one reason to live and that I don't enjoy anything, he's a total robot like me but he said he couldn't relate and didn't understand.

So let me ask you your reason for existance.
>>
>>28617905
I don't know what the reason is.
>>
>>28617905
I live because dying is too much of a pain
>>
File: 14204589606803.jpg (168 KB, 600x441) Image search: [Google]
14204589606803.jpg
168 KB, 600x441
There's only a finite time to exist. I have an eternity to be nothing.
>>
Love. I'm only 21 y/o but deep down I know this is my thing. To be loved and to love. It has it upsides and downsides, but if I stop believing, I'd be left with no good reason to live.
If you feel like me, you should read the book "Art of Loving" by Erich Fromm.
>>
I want to see humanity reach another life sustaining planet. That's all I want to see. Then I will lie down and sleep until the cells of my body cave in and wither into nothingness.

I hope we humans stop our petty fights and set our eyes on Keplar and other planets. I just really want to travel to another planet.
>>
File: IMAG010 (8).jpg (341 KB, 1078x790) Image search: [Google]
IMAG010 (8).jpg
341 KB, 1078x790
To find out

What Happens Next.
>>
Inertia
oregano comment
>>
>>28617905
I'm too much of a pussy to end myself. That's all there is to it.
>>
File: 1462990670735.jpg (38 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1462990670735.jpg
38 KB, 400x400
>tfw the only reason to keep living is playing new video games

Pic is in fact related
>>
>>28617905
Too afraid of death
>>
I don't want to hurt the people around me. I also, ultimately, want to do something useful of my life. I lack the energy however.
>>
>we're both in love
>she's the only one I ever feel any joy around
I am NOT in a good place emotionally
>>
File: 1415384544866.png (137 KB, 416x700) Image search: [Google]
1415384544866.png
137 KB, 416x700
>So let me ask you your reason for existance.
same reason to do anything
>>
Because i love myself.
>>
I want to cause pain to everyone I can. Every person is a sinner and deserves to be punished for their sins. I pray that one day I can achieve this.
>>
>>28617905
my one reason is that i don't have a gun or have access to any tall buildings in which i can use to achieve an instant death
>>
File: Bayonetta-Super-Smash-Bros-5.jpg (37 KB, 640x336) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta-Super-Smash-Bros-5.jpg
37 KB, 640x336
I'm being 100% honest right now, the Bayonetta games may have actually saved my life. I always felt depressed, tired, and unmotivated everyday. I decided to impulse buy the 2 games on Wii U sometime last summer, and I don't know how, but playing them both put me in a really fantastic mood. The first game is now one of my favourite games of all time, and the sequel is imo the best Wii U game. I just felt... happier after playing them even though nothing changed. Then the smash reveal happened, and I just felt golden for an entire month. Chalk it up to autism, I don't know, but ever since I played these games, I got a job, cleaned my self up, got my license, and just came out of a depressed state ever since.
>>
>>28617905
Well, I don't have a reason.
I mean, I enjoy lifting and escapism I guess.
>>
File: kaguya-vs-mokou.jpg (297 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
kaguya-vs-mokou.jpg
297 KB, 1600x1200
My disdain for normals and my desire to seek revenge upon them
>>
I essentially have one reason, but I'm pretty satisfied with it:

Consumption of knowledge.

Stories from games, books, and other media; technical information from courses, books, research papers, etc.; knowledge derived from my own field of research; even the thoughts of anons on taiwanese dynamic pictograph forums.

Nearly every other aspect of my life is simply there to augment my ability to consume more information.
>>
>>28619820
I believe you, cause my reason is just as dumb.
>>
honestly, my reason is that i just feel like using up resources which could be allotted elsewhere. like, the electricity i use for browsing pictures of naked 2D girls, and the tissues I use to blow my loads into could probably be used for something more productive.

i guess i just do it to spite the normies who think that we should conserve the environment for future generations
>>
No reason.

Existence isn't a math problem or an essay. You don't have to reason about anything you weirdo.
>>
>>28617952
This. If my discontent bar fills up I'll probably bail though, sometimes nothing really does seem more appealing.
>>
>>28617905
You don't need a reason to live. Searching for a meaning to life when there is none brings undue stress. Just do what you want. Live. Die. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. But if you aren't going to kill yourself then try to accept that you're living, and try to be ok with living without purpose.
>>
File: 1463280667003s.jpg (6 KB, 250x95) Image search: [Google]
1463280667003s.jpg
6 KB, 250x95
The reason I tell myself everyday is that I want to read more nonfiction with hopes of become a more knowledgeable, well rounded person.

But the actual reason is because all of my suicide attempts have failed and I'm discouraged from trying again.
>>
File: 1432788385333.png (418 KB, 448x486) Image search: [Google]
1432788385333.png
418 KB, 448x486
The truth sounds like a lie, OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKyZyBe3DbE
>>
FOMO
>>
I'd miss all of the cool future shit
>>
you guys really need to stop being edgy and get over yourselves. Just be happy bros.
>>
>>28617905
my reason to exist is to prove society wrong by giving my life and laying the foundation for an objectively better one
>>
>>28618027
ask me how i know you dont take things seriously
>>
i'm only happy when i'm outside in nature, so my reason to live is to see as many nice places as i can
>>
>>28617905
I have a few reasons and if nothing works out then idk I'll probably no longer want to live.
1. My family
2. I'd love to visit/work in Japan to see if I can be truly happy again. When ever I think about it or hear/see something about it, it makes me happy.
3. I'd also like to see if my plan comes together. After school I want to go into flight school to become a pilot and if that doesn't work out then I'd love to teach in Japan/Korea. If not either of those then I guess I'd no longer want to live. That's it.
>>
File: a ni me.png (14 KB, 372x489) Image search: [Google]
a ni me.png
14 KB, 372x489
same
The only thing preventing me from killing myself is anticipation for new anime to come out. Last time I was about to order a helium tank online,but then heard kizu was coming out. A sad existence, but hey I'm still here.
>>
>>28617905
These are the 3 reasons why I live:
1. My girlfriend. I love her so much. She's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. Furthermore, if I killed myself she would be devastated.
2. My family. I love my family dearly, and if I killed myself they would be devastated.
3. My studies. I'm currently in university studying mathematics and physics and I'm loving it. Each subject is so beautiful and I just want to learn more.

If I didn't have any of these, I'd probably end it.
>>
my guns
(texas in hurr)
>>
File: 1450453384955.jpg (53 KB, 319x370) Image search: [Google]
1450453384955.jpg
53 KB, 319x370
>>28622015
>jap locale
>>
>>28622091
fuck off normie shitlord
>>
>>28622180
need it to play my moonrune visual novels fampai
>>
>>28617905
Dying is painful and messy, but if I had some nembutal on hand I would have taken it by now.
>>
>>28617905
lol why would I tell you fag
You very clearly didn't state yours. You sound like a little crybaby bitch. Just be yourself and get some confidence.
How does it feel knowing your psychiatrist goes home to her black husband and laughs at you with him you fucking liberal freak cuck fag
>>
File: Screenshot_3.jpg (79 KB, 369x430) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.jpg
79 KB, 369x430
>>28622286
just was awestruck that there was a fellow robot on /r9k/ that also played moonrune games senpai

plz no bully
>>
Not really sure. I go through every monotonous day now with nothing to look forward too and it's slowly killing me on the inside.
>>
File: the shepherd.jpg (132 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
the shepherd.jpg
132 KB, 1024x768
I guess some part of me is still waiting for the shepherd.
>>
I don't really have a reason to "live" right now.

But looking for any kind of entertainment and expecting any new content that might interest me let me keep going in life.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.