[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job search general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: frog on couch.png (23 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
frog on couch.png
23 KB, 489x423
My parents have been yelling at me to go and find a job. Yet I don't even have the confidence to go ask for an application or even know how to ask for one. How do I ask for a job application and not sound retarded? Should I look professional or semi-casual?
>>
"Alright? I saw I'm your window that you're looking for staff, how do I apply?

Application form? No sweat. I'll fill that in and throw it back to you later today. Cheers, bye."
>>
Go to a temp agency. Tell them your looking for a job. They give you forms. You fill them out and leave. It takes 30 minutes tops.

They will call you a few days later. Tell you that they need a guy at job site X for the hours of Y to Z. It pays $$ per hour. Are you interested? You say yes. They email an info sheet about the job detailing the location, hours etc

You arrive there, tell the first guy you see "I'm from the agency. Who should I talk to?" They will take you to the supervisor and you show him your info sheet.

There you got a shit Job
>>
>>28609482
this desu senpai

I just wanted you all to know that this comment was original.
>>
Anon 9/10 businesses make you do the application online anyways, at worst you have to do a little interview to prove that you are not in fact retarded.

Also work is way easier than your anxiety tells you it is. My first job I spent a month at a call center, normally I'm petrified when it comes to phones but I never had a problem talking to anyone. Only left because it was a startup business and the owner had to change employment strategy to keep up with the business.
>>
File: 4real.jpg (60 KB, 350x450) Image search: [Google]
4real.jpg
60 KB, 350x450
>graduated from university
>no job experience in my field (only some temp thing I did for school)
>been searching for a job in my field for 2 years
>a few interviews here and there
>mostly I don't even get replies on my applications
>not even a fucking "nah, sry brah, we found someone else"
>only job I got was something unrelated as a temp for half a year

I want to work but nobody will even give me a fucking chance. This is fucked. Everything is shit.
>>
>>28609427
Fck it up on purpose a few times at places you don't want the job. Deliberately be retarded, this will be easy for you. Then go to the places you actually want the job and the worst thing that will happen will have already happened.
>>
i dont think most businesses even have hard paper appilcations anymore, unless theyre a small mom and pop business. just apply online. thats how businesses screen out the trash
>>
>>28609427
>pick shitty retail place
>go online to fill out application
>get called in for an """"""""interview""""""""" where all they do is ask you basic questions and gauge how retarded you are
>get hired
>be miserable until you quit or find a different job
>>
Consider an apprenticeship in something, you don't need to know anything beforehand and you are going to learn a job fast and usually get paid atleast something, untill you become good enough to do it on your own.

This is how for example chimney sweeps are born.
>>
OP here, this is just for a few months; this is only a summer job
>>
File: al854696.png (283 KB, 343x523) Image search: [Google]
al854696.png
283 KB, 343x523
>>28610043
>this is just for a few months
>this is only a summer job
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.