[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
for the virgins here having a gf isn't all that great.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1122222233333.gif (2 MB, 424x233) Image search: [Google]
1122222233333.gif
2 MB, 424x233
for the virgins here

having a gf isn't all that great. you may think its like in the movies where you make eachother laugh and have awesome sex all the time, but thats rarely the case

most of the time you spend with your girlfriend in the first few months is worrying whether you'll fuck up while she "trains" you and gives all her problems to you. you'll have good sex a few times, but that will get boring and monotonous eventually. you will discover that both of you were putting on versions of yourselves that you will never see again after this initial stage.

you will dig deeper into her personality and interests and discover a wasteland.

eventually you'll discover all your free time is being swallowed up in meaningless conversation with her, she'll play mind games with you until you get tired of fighting and apologizing and eventually numb yourself.

you'll go out to a restaurant to celebrate your 1st year anniversary and you'll pretend to have a great time, mostly to find some truth in the charade and for her to feel better than the other couples in the room, while you see the lonely sperg eating in the corner looking at your grass, thinking it's greener, but you knowing in reality that you're both still the same person, except he has time to play video games.
>>
>my relationship was shit, so all relationships are shit!

I could give you my anecdote on my dating experience, won't change shit though. You know why? Because people are different you dummy.
>>
>>28607680
Having a gf is great.
You can still fuck other girls, and if your gf leaves you, get another.
Sex is great

Try it, just go up to a girl and ask.
>>
>>28607728
>>28607731
Don't overrate it because you have nothing else.
>>
>>28607728
>t. Faggot loser who's never actually been in a relationship and thinks it's like the movies
>>
Relationships aren't like the movies sure, but it sounds like you just weren't compatible with that girl.

>putting on a version of yourself
I mean you can't control if your gf is putting on airs, but if you don't put on any yourself that's half of the problem solved, you dummy!
>>
Of course relationships aren't going to always be
happy, it takes effort, time, and sacrifice, but the
rewards are greater.
Im a Permavirge Aeris
>>
>>28607910
>>28607908
Why did each of you post twice?
>>
File: justt.jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
justt.jpg
101 KB, 1920x1080
>even people who post anime pics have had sex
JUST
>>
>>28607766
But I am in one anon. I got into my first relationship at 22 after being a jaded fuck all my life. It's amazing because it's like hanging out with me, expect I'm a sexy girl.

Same hobbies and interest as me
Same personality as me
She is my best friend and we love each others company
>>
>>28607728
OP done and got told one post in lmao
>>
>>28608042
Enjoy it while it lasts, because it won't.
>>
>>28607680
>but that will get boring and monotonous eventually
you wot?
if sex is boring then you have a low libido or you and/or your partner aren't good at it.
>>
>>28608074
No, if you had experience you would actually know that eventually humans get tired of everything. There's a reason why people who already are in relationships cheat.
>>
>>28607680
>>28607757
>>28607766
>>28608066
People who had shitty relationships. :^)
>>
File: android.jpg (32 KB, 557x612) Image search: [Google]
android.jpg
32 KB, 557x612
lmao, that's why i'm asexual.
all i care about in relationships is fun and stuff. people who think sex is important get bored because it clearly is not.
to me it's like having a bestfriend that gives you butterflies and that you have strong feelings for and want to kiss.
sex is literally the worst thing ever and ruins everything. lmao i feel bad for people who like sex. fucking gross.
>>
>>28608139
Desperate retard in first high school romance :^)
>>
>>28608108
People in relationships cheat even if the relationship was perfect.

I was cheated on and they started cheating on me the second we go together. They were a degenerate beforehand so when we got together they never stopped craving that degeneracy.

Really all you have to do is find someone that respects and appreciates monogamy, and has the same interests as you. It's not that hard.
>>
>>28608164
There is no such thing as a perfect relationship or perfect anything, people who think in such terms watch too many soap operas or don't have enough life experience. Nobody says you can't stay in a relationship for a long time but it's desperate making it out like that would keep someone happy all their life.
>>
>>28608066
I've been hurt once before. Once you get hurt, you take that pain in and make it a part of yourself.

Regardless of where this relationship goes, I can't say I won't cherish the memories we've had.
>>
>>28608211
I'm sure you've lived the entire wealth of human experience, brother. You know exactly how every couple will develop ever because they follow explicit rules and cynicism is always the truth always.

How old are you, like mid 20's? Early 30's?

So what, some girl hurt your fee-fees so now people can't meet someone who's right enough for them that they stay together until they die?
>>
>>28608211
I didn't mean literally "perfect", I meant in terms of timing. People cheat two weeks into a relationship when everything is fresh and shiny and new and they're in a honeymoon period.

Plenty of people are happy staying with one person once you grow up and realize:
>A) there's more to life than fucking club sluts every weekend
>B) most people are shitty so it's probably wise to hold on to that one non-shitty person

If you don't realize the second point it's probably because you ARE the shitty person
>>
>>28608254
It has nothing to do with getting hurt, it's a psychological characteristic of humans to always strive for novelty and get tired of present circumstances. It's a part of the mechanism that defines how human animals survive, although it doesn't have much significance in that regard anymore today.
>you take that pain in and make it a part of yourself.
Simply using a retarded phrase like this unironically shows you have a very romantic and idealistic approach to relationships and it doesn't surprise me that you actually found a woman with the same character as you, but what OP said isn't that you won't be able to cherish your memories with her but simply that a relationship is nothing that can satisfy anyone continuously.
>>
>>28608281
read >>28608354
>>28608301
Yes, you can be "happy with staying with one person", but that doesn't mean sustaining a relationship makes you happy. It's just something that counts toward your everyday life circumstances while you will be looking for or at least want something else that makes you "happy".
>>
So I'm guessing OP was the first one to cheat, right?

>>28608410
>he thinks novelty / thrill seeking is a base-line trait and not something present in varying amounts spread throughout the population

Nice Pop-psychology "why do humans cheat" world view, brotherman.

Besides that
>if you're seeking novelty it must ALWAYS be in new people to fuck
>>
>>28608354
Whatever man. Like I said, I'm still a jaded piece of shit. So is she. We are literally being ourselves when we are around each other. If this relationship does go south, so be it. It might be because we end up disliking each other later on or getting bored or one of many other unknown factors. It's unpredictable, but that's life.

I like hanging out with her and being around her. I don't dwell on things like the possibility we won't last.
>>
>>28608410
What if you don't want something else because you're not a narcissistic hypergamous faggot?
>>
>>28608463
No, you didn't understand pretty much anything. I don't know you and therefore I don't know how much detail is necessary to explain this common knowledge that everyone acquires through living sooner or later but it seems I would need to write a book for you. Either that, or you're being obtuse intentionally to make it look like I expressed something absurd. The novelty-seeking I told you about is neither necessarily thrill-seeking nor is it sexual at all. It's one of its distant manifestations in our behavior in the current time to tire of relationships.
>>
>>28608488
That's good for you but it doesn't counter what OP said, like you probably thought in your first post. There are lots of people on this board ready to kill themselves if they find they can't lose their virginity or get a gf or some other ridiculous shit and it's worthwile pointing out to them that achieving that, like achieving anything else, isn't the ultimate happiness in life.
>>
>>28608565
Not him but I was in a relationship for a very long time and never sought novelty or anything different

Maybe that's because people are different. I have other hang ups that I obsess over, but constantly seeking new things in a partner is not one of them. Maybe it's my obsession in the former that keeps my attention away from the latter but that's just who I am
>>
>>28608565
>have a differing view, founded in differing opinions and a hobbyist level understanding of behavioural psychology, plus some philosophy and psych electives
>no you don't understand, literally EVERYONE comes to this opinion eventually, it's fact

Yeah okay buddy.

I'm sure if you keep repeating it eventually you'll stop feeling guilty for breaking it off because you wanted to chase "fresh" tail.
>>
>>28608620
I just said in the post you replied to that it doesn't need to be sexual at all, but unfortunately for you you are a member of a species with a very clearly defined biology and psychology, so you can't actually escape your nature and by that my description. It doesn't really have any grave bearing on your life of course, but explaining anything with "people are different" is missing my point.
>>
>>28608649
You don't have to be satisfied with anything I say but you won't be able to give any counterarguments if you continue trying to break what I say down to any uncomfortable events in my personal biography. Yes, people are "different" and have different ideas, but they are also not mysteries or miracles. Calling statements about human nature "pop" this or "hobby" that doesn't contradict anything. I'm not saying you're not able to understand or trying to be elitist (as I said everyone realizes certain things about their character sooner or later), but there are plenty of obvious reasons for why you would want to make it look like you categorically disagree with me.
>>
>>28607680

some of this is true but not all of it is universal
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.