[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm bored. Should I read The God Delusion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 8d6.jpg (220 KB, 1200x892) Image search: [Google]
8d6.jpg
220 KB, 1200x892
I'm bored. Should I read The God Delusion?
>>
It's a good book, and intellectually stimulating. Better than reading /r9k/.

However, I'd much more highly reccomend the Selfish Gene.

It is the birthplace of memes, after all.
>>
>he needs a book to tell him god doesn't exist
>implying its not common sense
>>
If you want a scientific argument against the idea of an almighty being, yes. If you want a far better written, but less substantive, argument against God from the emotional point of view I would suggest God is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens.
>>
>>28607154
No you fuck, Richard Dawkins is the most insufferable prick
Read actual philosophy on the subject and not a complete douchebag going "haha wow what kinda RETARD believes in GOD am I right"
>>
>>28607247
I don't think you know anything about Dawkins.
>>
>>28607230
Oh look the bait worked we caught a euphoric.
>>
>>28607247
You seem to be mixing up Dawkins and his more unpleasant fans.
Maybe you should read it too?
>>
>>28607287
>MERR BAYBY JEEBUS DRRR FUCK OTHER RACES, WOMEN, AND LGBTQ FOLK BUT LOVE EVERYONE LIKE JEEBUS SAYS
Shame on you, you insufferable twat. Go back to /pol/, and bloody well stay there.
>>
if you want to read it then do it. if you don't like it then you can stop.
>>
>>28607154
It's a great book, and fascinating at times, especially if you're into philosophy and science.

Don't listen to people bashing Dawkins, the most intelligent arguments from them include the phrase "tips fedora" or "euphoric."
>>
>>28607154
If you already know a bit about philosophy you will probably already have heard the arguments in it
>>
>>28607154
Ofcourse! I have lots of book by Richard Dawkins and I still love them even after I've outgrown my militant atheist phase.

Richard Dawkins was known as a brilliant scientist before he became a memelord.
>>
File: 68Td0vo.jpg (26 KB, 350x425) Image search: [Google]
68Td0vo.jpg
26 KB, 350x425
>>28607154
No, that's garbage compared to writers' work where they wrote not with the

intention to pander and become some blockbuster money-raking shit-book.

How about you have yourself a dose of some Real Euphoria?

http://www.inp.uw.edu.pl/mdsie/Political_Thought/Nie-GenologyofMorals.pdf

Some of my favorite lines:

As is well known, priests are the most evil of enemies-but why? Because they are
the most powerless. From their powerlessness, their hate grows into something
immense and terrifying, to the most spiritual and most poisonous manifestations.
Those who have been the greatest haters in world history and the most spiritually
rich haters have always been the priests-in comparison with the spirit of priestly
revenge all the remaining spirits are, in general, hardly worth considering.

When the oppressed, the downtrodden, the conquered say to each other, with the
vengeful cunning of the powerless, "Let us be different from evil people, namely,
good! And that man is good who does not overpower, who hurts no one, who does not
attack, who does not retaliate, who hands revenge over to God, who keeps himself
hidden, as we do, who avoids all evil and demands little from life in general

like us, the patient, humble, and upright"what that amounts to, coolly expressed and without bias, is essentially nothing more than "We weak people are merely weak. It's good if we do nothing, because we are not strong enough." In the wilderness they make up for the tension which a long fenced-in confinement within the peace of the community brings about. They go back to the innocent consciousness of a wild beast of prey, as joyful monsters, who perhaps walk away from a dreadful sequence of murder, arson, rape, and torture with exhilaration and spiritual equilibrium, as if they had merely pulled off a student prank, convinced that the poets now have something more to sing about and praise for a long time to come.

Picture unrelated.
>>
>>28607385
Why do you need to be religious to disapprove of fedora tippers like you?
>LGBTQ FOLK
lol
>>
>>28608046
Blah blah blah pol words trump Jew degenerate liberal blah aliens aluminum info wars vampires blah cuck black aryan supreme build wall taco autism fat neckbeard hurdy dur jfk mommy pol blah blah blah
>>
>>28607154
no it's a terrible book. the selfish gene is decent though, if you want to experience what dawkins was like before he fell in love with the smell of his own farts
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.