[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Relying on motivation to get anything done You people are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Lovecraft.png (543 KB, 500x639) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft.png
543 KB, 500x639
>Relying on motivation to get anything done

You people are pathetic.
>>
File: triggered.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>tfw Cthulhu will never be real
>>
Should I rely on fear then?
>>
>>28607783
No. Fear itself creates motivation.

You should be controlled only by the sheer will of your mind. Not by its insatiable lust and its petulant whinings.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBqMiVcAE9o
>>
>>28607917
But my mind is lazy
>>
>>28608095
NAIVE!

You're still relying on motivation to push yourself forward and that's why you fail. You need to function as if you were a robot. Without emotion, but with instructions that you will follow regardless of how you feel.
>>
>>28607783
>>28608095
Rely on discipline.
>>
>>28608257
>>28608145

Exactly - waiting on motivation to strike is the surest way to do nothing. Feel the laziness, the bleh feeling, then turn your mind off and do it anyway.
>>
I DIDN'T BRUSH MY TEETH OR SHOWER FROM THE TIME I GOT UP OH GAWWAWWD
>>
>>28607130
>muh discipline
>>
>>28608939
>muh weakness
>>
>>28608446
I try to do that but theres just a huge mental block feeling and it doesnt work to push through it,.

I've been relying on motivation to do a lot of shit it ethtg,
>>
>>28610120
You won't be free until you make yourself free.
>>
File: 1457060717984.jpg (131 KB, 648x595) Image search: [Google]
1457060717984.jpg
131 KB, 648x595
>>28610169
><<<<<./,>>Original comment requiredi89pt68o.
>>
Motivation is just shit normies put on pictures of landscapes and share on facebook to feel better about themselves
Discipline is the juice that fuels real change
>>
>>28610169
Is that the next version of "Just be yourself"?
>>
>>28610251
Pretty much.

But seriously, dicipline of the mind is something you have to learn. After all OP is talking to literal children and calling them naive. That's ironic.
>>
>>28610251
Version? No. You literally will fix any problem of your own making until you do it yourself. You for eample are imprisoned by your own accursed memes. Have ypu ever considered that you a the cause of your own problems? That you are delusional and fail to see your own blindside? Face yourself and make yourself free.
>>
>>28610320
How pretentious can you get? Goddamn.
>>
>>28610371
Carry on with your epic motivational self help advice oh the enlightened one!

Show us the way to true being trough the power of the epic chutulu picture you posted my friend :^)
>>
>make your timetable
>follow it no matter what, even if it's raining or snowing
>succeed

Don't do it only in scenarios when it would threaten your life. You would be a piece of human shit to give up at any point and get a special dunce reward for it.
>>
>>28610241
kek, pretty ironic considering OP's thread is the first time i've seen this shit outside of normiebook. it's usually shared by normies who hit the gym or work blue-collar shit gigs 5+ days a week.
>Motivation is fleeting and comes and goes as it pleases. It does not last
>Real change comes from discipline and good habits

i generally agree with the sentiment, but can't fathom how i can do it. i've gone 21 years without discipline, and it's only getting harder to learn. i think it's something like languages, where learning it in one's youth makes it leagues easier than learning later in life
>>
>>28610451
Keep a list of shit you need to and do it (but keep it realistic). It's easier when you just need to check off one thing at a time. Most importantly, just bee yourself.
>>
>>28610430
I'm not even OP. You're just full of yourself. Reality hurts you because you can't face it. So, I'll reply to you in the same manner. Keep spitting venom at those who want to help you help yourself. I'm not your friend, nor will I ever be. I'd be surprised if you even had friends.
>>
I rely on motivation for literally nothing.

I learned years ago that motivation is not a thing i posses. I rely entirely on outside circumstances for all stimuli.

I don't even have the motivation to take medication that will keep me from dying because fear stopped doing the trick. I literally may die from laziness.

Ama
>>
>>28610503
Nice job projecting and screaming at an imaginary archetype without any real information!

How many of the assumptions you made, you think hit my soft spots this time, you epic argumentator who absolutely serves anyone who gets in his way!

And sure, I'm the one spitting the most venom here. Calling someone friendless is a surefire way to get them to listen to you. Didn't you read that on the latest articles?
>>
>>28610503
It's always nice when someone is screaming at you that they are trying to help you and you are an idiot and a bad person and deserve to be banished from society if you don't heed to their stupid fucking common ass kitchen philosofy life bettering normie self help advice.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.