[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the voice you have in your head when reading your own voice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (221 KB, 1179x742) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221 KB, 1179x742
Is the voice you have in your head when reading your own voice? I just noticed it's not mine and never has been. I don't know how to feel.
>>
in my head i'm a cute girl but on the outside i sound like a man
>>
record your voice and listen to it, thats how everyone but you hears you

everyone thinks their own voice is lower than it really is
>>
My inner voice tends to be mild mannered and I can't really assign a gender to it, but it is youthful.
>>
>>28601572
You don't have voices for each character in your head when you read?
My inner monologue tends to be without definite voice. More of just pure emotion and drive to do things. When I put words to my thoughts I guess I sound like myself senpai.
>>
>>28601633
>just recorded my voice
>sound like a young foreign retard

Wow no wonder people make fun of me when I talk sometimes
>>
>>28601775
try standing up, when Im sitting down I sound like a kid but when Im standing I have a smoother voice, people have told me I could be a radio host
>>
I always thought "inner voice" was an expresion, i don't actually hear a voice when i think or get ideas its just like the knowledge is there, not like a dude telling me
>>
>>28601633
damn I sound like an asshole, no wonder I have no friends
>>
File: 10192912.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
10192912.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>tfw multiple voices

Fuck my shit up m8
>>
>can have multiple voices in your head

so THIS is how you make a tulpa
>>
>>28601793
I was standing anon
>>28601797
I can't comprehend that. How do you do things without a voice dictating things to you? Do you hear one when you're reading?
>>
>>28601633
I've always been the opposite, my voice on recordings is always surprisingly deep for me. Not sure why.
>>
>>28601633
>tfw lifeless but slightly harsh flat voice
I blame the recorder and my headphones desu senpai.
>>
File: jax.jpg (24 KB, 236x347) Image search: [Google]
jax.jpg
24 KB, 236x347
if I watch a TV show with a distinct voice it might be that character's voice for a while.
>>
>>28601890
Me too. To the extent that I always tried to artificially make my voice sound deeper. Then I found out that my actual voice was much deeper than I thought, and deep enough, and I just sounded like a retard trying to go deeper.
>>
My inner voice doesn't stutter so that's cool
>>
File: 1462336397398.png (55 KB, 517x476) Image search: [Google]
1462336397398.png
55 KB, 517x476
>>28601940
>stutter
I feel you brother, I feel you.
>>
>>28601971
It's probably my biggest insecurity desu
>>
>>28601935
Yep exactly, I used to do that too. I once while talking to someone secretly recorded a bit of the conversation to hear what I sound like, and I sounded like a FUCKING IDIOT who was trying desperately to make his voice as deep as humanly possible. Now I actually try to keep my voice so that it sounds a little too high to me.
>>
>>28601851
When i read i generally give a character a voice, but generally the info just goes in with no "sound" of voices or when i'm typing or thinking it generally just happens. So if i think "i should go get a drink" its not a sound i just have that thought and i know its something i need to do, there's no voice.
>>
>tfw can't enunciate
>tfw mumble and slur my words
>tfw voice varies wildly in pitch, cadence, and timbre from day to day
>tfw it's physically difficult to get words to come out of my mouth
Just kill me.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.