[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /burning bridges/ here? 5 months ago I ceased contact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: burning-bridge.jpg (93 KB, 922x379) Image search: [Google]
burning-bridge.jpg
93 KB, 922x379
Who else /burning bridges/ here?

5 months ago I ceased contact with one of only friends I've had because I accidentally broke his arm.

I want him to forget I was ever in his life, but he won't give up texting me.
>>
>>28600342
feels strange having no one again.

You'll feel it when you stop getting texts. Right now subconsciously there's still hope.
>>
>>28600342
Just want to stop talking to everyone I know forever. Too much shit in my past with them that always haunts my conscious. How hard will it be?
>>
>>28600342
I just left my home. I cut contact with absolutely everyone at my school, and my 'friends'. They have no way of contacting me whatsoever.
>>
You'll be very sorry for that down the line. Did the same thing over a year ago- just stopped talking with most people in my life, but at some point the loneliness becomes so unbearable and you realize those people no longer give a fuck about you and you lack the ability to make new friends. It's just that... It would be nice to talk/play vidya/go out somewhere once in a while other than feeling sorry for yourself alone.
>>
I don't have bridges
>>
>>28600342
You can't get off that easy, motherfucker.
>>
>>28600342
why don't you try to make it up to him, or are you paranoid he's just doing it to plot revenge?
how'd you break his arm?
>>
File: 1462747910512.jpg (138 KB, 634x819) Image search: [Google]
1462747910512.jpg
138 KB, 634x819
Few years ago I cut off all contact with my family. I was tired of their bull shit, I was tired of trying make people happy who didn't really give a fuck about me. Once I decided I didn't want any of their money it was easy, that was all they had to offer and even then they were greedy and stingy. Its freeing really. I don't have to worry about holidays or any of that bull shit. I'm able to choose my friends and who I allow in my life.
>>
>>28600342
What is he texting you?

If he is trying to talk to you then there is still hope, trust me having no friends in literal hell.
>>
>>28600342
Is it even normal to have freinds anymore?

I haven't seen another person outside of this house since new years.
>>
>>28602677
nope. everyone is an "acquantaince". traditional monogamous relationships are pase too, everyone is fwb's and fuccbuddies w/ no strings attached these days
>>
>>28600342
thats not how you burn bridges ya fucking moweron

>call him up
>tell him if you see him again you will break his other arm
>bring up some lame shit that happened in the past

that'll do it every time.
>>
>>28603266
as it stands OP, all you're doing is running away, the bridge is still fully intact and in better condition then most bridges so much so people use it as a main route to sell their wares in your region also pilgrims use it to make the trek to the holy mother land and its basically a historical land mark now.

you aren't trying hard enough or you don't want it burnt.
>>
>>28601072

IKTFB

I want a clean slate, but first I want maybe a year or two of total isolation so I can relax and not worry about other people.
>>
File: 1438552446001.gif (1002 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1438552446001.gif
1002 KB, 500x332
I can't seem to help myself, I can't maintain relationships with anyone for long periods of time. Better off alone really, less drama.
>>
>>28600342
3 months ago, I cut off from my entire family. The emails stopped for a while.

My dad sent me one before mother's day to try to guilt me into talking to her.

I hope they realize that I'm not worth it.
>>
I burned all my bridges in 2005 and disappeared. Haven't talked to anyone but my mom since. Wonder if it's too late to get back in touch and try to start life over, or if I should just end it.
>>
File: 1441804955618.png (454 KB, 697x360) Image search: [Google]
1441804955618.png
454 KB, 697x360
>>28600342
I ignored all my friends during this last year, really good friends since chilhodd, they got married with childrens and I don't even post a congrats on their fecebook walls.
yesterday was my fathers birthday, I ignore it completelly.
I don't know why but it feels good not having contac anymore.
>>
>he has friends to ignore

normies please go. thanks.
>>
>>28600342
yeah i did it to some guy i knew, was friends with him for a few years but he was a pretty dodgy kinda guy, hung out with the wrong people and i wanted nothing to do with that. So i just blocked his number, facebook etc and havn't spoken to him in years, When i did see him every now and again i'd just say oh i jumped off the social media bandwagon for a while. Didn't want anything to do with him as he was a total fucking wreck, was a wreck all throughout school and still is now (22 and has a child with a druggie mum)

Thank god i dumped him when i did, didnt want a faggot like him bringing me down with drugs and other bad shit.

That being said, only bridges you should never burn are work bridges as you never know when you may need it again.
>>
>>28600342

If he's still trying to text you, that means he still considers you his friend.

You accidentally broke his arm? Who gives a shit. If he isn't phased by it and still texts you. Why are you cutting him off?
>>
>>28600342
Did it 7 years ago. Not missing single one of them.

But it was also kinda naive because I believed that cutting contact with everyone would allow me to focus on my hobbies and interests much more
>>
File: 1439410995690.jpg (27 KB, 344x294) Image search: [Google]
1439410995690.jpg
27 KB, 344x294
I'm the non-stick frying pan man. I meet people but I can't maintain a friendship for shit so they invariably drift away. I'll probably end up completely alone when I graduate.
>>
File: 1463246764522.jpg (154 KB, 945x1500) Image search: [Google]
1463246764522.jpg
154 KB, 945x1500
I always fantasize about the day I'll get my degree and I'm able to fuck off to another, distant country and forget all these people, all this shit.
hopefully some day this will all seem like a bad, fleeting feverdream.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.