[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: /r9k/-Anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 12
File: Lain-Serial-Experiments.jpg (135 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Lain-Serial-Experiments.jpg
135 KB, 1024x768
ITT: /r9k/-Anime
>>
Naruto is a good one
>>
File: 9483294.gif (524 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
9483294.gif
524 KB, 720x480
I think Welcome to the NHK is the best /r9k/ anime. Its basically a story of a 22 yold virgin NEET who is waiting for a cute girl to rescue him and it kind of happens. Its almost every robot's fantasy, only in real life it never happens, a cute girl never comes to save you.
>>
>>28600149
Lain was pretty shit desu
I mean it had a pretty solid idea but it was executed fucking terribly
If they didn't try to go full advant garde 2 deep 4 u they could have made an amazing anime
Still has the best anime opening of all time
besides evangelion

>>28600514
Only correct answer, that show hit way too close to home
>>
>>28600571
i understood lain easily and completely, and discuss it often with others
maybe... you're just retarded?
>>
>>28600170
Nah naruto isn't a robot, he is a cyborg
He grew up as a robot, but instead of spending all day whining like a bitch and becoming a cynical asshole, he said fuck that, became a ninja god and got a cute shy gf
>>
>>28600589
I never said I didn't understand it, there is just way to much 2 deep 4 u random bullshit thrown in there
>>
File: 1462263649649.jpg (167 KB, 600x3031) Image search: [Google]
1462263649649.jpg
167 KB, 600x3031
>>28600514
That's why it's shit though. I know movies and TV shows are about escapism but NHK it's pure fantasy so I don't like it. I say kaiji is the ultimate robot anime. There are really good things said in it. No girls in the first season at all.
>>
>>28600636
like what, go ahead and tell me
>>
>>28600571
>I mean it had a pretty solid idea but it was executed fucking terribly

Yea, I agree. Ergo Proxy and especially Texh were done much better.
>>
>>28601810
you're not going to sit here and tell me that what you just posted isn't complete bullshit
>texhnolyze
>THE BURNING DUMPSTER FIRE OF ERGO PROXY
>better than lain
no, no
>>
>>28600616
what about itachi?, hes such a cuck he could fit in here too well
>>
Lain had a lot of weird for the sake of weird stuff in it that added nothing to the story.
>>
>>28601863
then you didnt get it, almost everything is about the identity and communication
>>
>>28601810
>falling for ergo proxy meme
thats just some slap-on name for idiots who think they are some anime professional
pretty mediocre anime desu
>>
>>28601823
Ergo Proxy is remembered for a loli in a rabbit suit, and for plot. Texh is remembered for plot alone. Lain is remembered for a loli in a bear suit, alone. I think that says alot about the merits of each show.

Lain, EP, and Texh are all quite different beasts, with Lain and Texh being more similar. However, Texh in conception as well as execution simply outclasses Lain in every way.
>>
>>28601908
>pretty mediocre anime desu

Mediocre is KissxKiss, or Rah Xephon. Ergo Proxy wasn't perfect, but it was by no means mediocre. I don't understand why, in an industry plagued by base, unintelligent pandering, Ergo Proxy in particular pisses people off so much.
>>
>>28601944
why is it so praised with how average it is?
>bad animation at times
>story doesnt fall together
reviews on it are only high because its """"different"""" and """"unique""""
>>
>>28601955
>story doesnt fall together

It pretty much does. Far more than Lain, for example. I had to read an explanation to get it, but yea it's a coherent story.

But again, how many anime are there where that can't be said? Tons. All of a sudden anime fans are huge sticklers about plotholes? Since when has that been the case?

>at times
For the most part Ergo Proxy looks really good, and you know it.

People just grasp for reason to ding EP. They hate it, and I don't know why. I don't think they do, either. It's different, but it's not bad at all.
>>
>>28600514
>>28600571
fuck off NHK is fucking trash
>>
>>28601919
texh is remembered for that first episode
lain is remembered for loli in a bear suit by morons who can't into any kind of philosophical concepts
lain is a far better anime than texhnolyze. most people have to push themselves through to even finish the snoozefest that is texhnolyze, meanwhile everyone agrees that lain is a joy, and an actually interesting anime that keeps you engaged while also offering profound questions on the nature of communication with the introduction of the internet, along with many other concepts. SEL has so many memorable moments, texhnolyze has barely any. not only are the concepts in SEL more plain, they're also more thought out and explored. SEL will be remembered as a masterpiece by any anime fan worth talking to, because of the actual simplicity and smoothness of its transitioning concepts. and the best part is that they offer a much richer discussion that can lead to questions about not just technology, but theology and the human condition. out of all of the "MC becomes a god" characters in anime, lain is by far the most interesting one. someone who says that texhnolyze is even close to it, or fucking ergo proxy, is not even worth talking to. you don't even sound serious in your posts so i dont know why i even bothered.
>>
and i'm going to leave before you can try and pull the "wuz just pretending to be retarded" excuse. bye, moron.
>>
I've never watched anime in my life. What should I start with?
>>
>>28602083
what do like ?? Fighting,sports,mecha,phsico??
>>
>>28601127
I love Kaiji, it really got me all motivated the first time I watched it, rooting for this poor bastard as he fought with all he had, crying like a bitch but still pushing forward at the risk of losing his miserable and worthless life, since he had pretty much nothing left to lose anyway.

S3 when

Speaking of it one of these days im going to finish Strongest Man Kurosawa, so many fucking heavy feels at the beginning, kinda glad it tonned down in the next chapters otherwise itd have been too painful to read, felt like the first time I read Watamote.

>>28600514
NHK was a pretty good anime but honestly I couldnt really relate after the middle of it because Ive never had a friend like that and I dont even care about women anymore. Whenever I read about how much robots love it and how its /r9k/ the anime I wonder what the fuck im doing here, most of you fucks probably had a normal life and/or are overreacting a bit. Good anime? Yes, but 2 norm 4 me. Kurosawa would be closer if only he was 20 years younger.
>>
File: the-tatami-galaxy.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
the-tatami-galaxy.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
>>28600514
Bitches don't know about my tatami galaxy
>>
File: 1456564076609.png (7 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1456564076609.png
7 KB, 300x300
>>28602083
Prison school and nichibros
>>
>>28602061
>most people have to push themselves through to even finish the snoozefest that is texhnolyze, meanwhile everyone agrees that lain is a joy

I found Lain to be far, far less interesting than Texh.

Naming two interesting characters in Lain is harder than naming four interesting characters in Texh.

>joy
Lain is popular because waifufags have no taste.
>>
>>28602083
If you feel:
>neutral
Evangelion and Haruhi
>sad
Evangelion and Madoka
>happy
Evangelion and YuruYuri, if you want something silly and cute maybe youll like Milky Holmes.
>bored
Evangelion but any SoL will do, dont watch rucky star yet.
>>
>>28602120
dudes way too normal and motivated to be a robot. the only robot episode was the one where he decides to never leave his room but he quickly hates it despite being a robot's paradise
>>
>>28600149
ITT fucking faggots think lain isn't the best anime ever
>>
File: r9k.jpg (252 KB, 1020x960) Image search: [Google]
r9k.jpg
252 KB, 1020x960
>>28602192
too bad this shit

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=98592

Dont have an adaptation.
>>
>>28602117
I've read one of his mangas but I can't remember but yeah it seems like he has some good shit. I couldn't relate to NHK either. I wish it was grittier, it just seemed like a robot fantasy. when kaiji dealt more with reality (in an extreme situation but that doesn't make it less valid). NHK had some good things in it but I think the having the girl was a bit dumb.
>>
>people unironically saying lain is a good animeme
being a clusterfuck where nothing makes sense doesnt make it good fyi
>>
>>28602274
>adaptation.
why? they're almost always shit compared to the source material
>>
>>28602282
Don't criticize peoples taste unless you got better taste to back it up.
>>
File: 345897.jpg (27 KB, 280x412) Image search: [Google]
345897.jpg
27 KB, 280x412
>>28602305
>Hating EP for being a clusterfuck
>Loving Lain for being a worse clusterfuck
>>
File: 1448037994659.png (308 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
1448037994659.png
308 KB, 460x600
>>28602302
Since this thread is for anime not for manga.
>>
>>28602320
thats just nitpicking. and you seriously want an adaptation solely so you can post about it in this specific thread?
>>
File: despera_ain_lain1.jpg (157 KB, 1024x639) Image search: [Google]
despera_ain_lain1.jpg
157 KB, 1024x639
>tfw never ever.

RIP.
>>
>>28602377
Who's that girl with Lain? Never saw her in the anime.
>>
File: e54.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
e54.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>28602636
>Who's that girl with Lain?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Despera
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.