[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
parents just told me i have a month to get a respectable job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1386227655067.png (91 KB, 630x686) Image search: [Google]
1386227655067.png
91 KB, 630x686
parents just told me i have a month to get a respectable job or i will be homeless

i have a degree but probably could not get a job in the field, so what should i do
>>
>>28596295
>probably could not get a job in the field
Apply anyway. Show your parents that you're applying for jobs in your field, ask for more time. Tell them that the only way you can get a job in a month is to settle for a terrible job, but with more time you'll be able to get a good job. But here's the key: you have to actually try to get that job.
>>
File: bd-old2.jpg (67 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
bd-old2.jpg
67 KB, 960x720
they are using the threat of kicking to out to motivate you to get a job... which is really the main thing they want. if you get a cool but shitpa job outside your field, your parents will let you stay because they see you "trying".
>>
>>28596295
just start applying to every job your degree qualifies for even if you don't think you'll get it.
In the mean time, get any shit-tier job you can e.g. burger flipping at mcdonalds, just to show that you're sincere about trying to get a job. Maybe do a course on interview skills and stuff.

Or, you could try the homeless life. I hear it isn't so bad as long as you have a car to sleep in and a gym membership (so you can use the showers and stuff).
>>
Go to a temp agency. If you can pass a drug test youll be able to start work pretty quickly. A lot of jobs are labor/warehouse positions but you'll typically start at 12-15 an hour. And while doing that just continue to apply and interview
>>
>>28596295
Finding a "respectable job" is significantly harder than finding any job. You didn't mention whether you are working right now.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.