[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been working the same job for 8 months now and still make $7.80
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 19113hm4do7kijpg.jpg (57 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
19113hm4do7kijpg.jpg
57 KB, 800x534
Been working the same job for 8 months now and still make $7.80

Please just kill me or give me advice.

Not a drug addict or anything. I work in a wealthy area in a retail store so it fucking kills me that I still get paid minimum wage. I am on the verge of quitting. Tired of waiting for a mere 25 cent pay raise. This shit is terrible and the more I think about it the more my adrenaline and frustration almost busts out of my skin
>>
>working below minimum wage
>how?
>>
>>28595038
Increase your skills faggotron. Or try applying to other places while you still have a job. Stop being such a cuck and accepting society's cock being forced down your throat.
>>
File: depression.jpg (324 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
depression.jpg
324 KB, 1600x1071
>>28595038
And the managers expect all employees to be very friendly to customers and always smiling. How the fuck can I be happy and smile to selfish, despicable customers who I HATE, when I make only $200 a week?
>>
Well first of all, it is illegal to work for
under minimum wage so if you are a legal citizen you can sue.

Besides that, you are doing honest work for honest pay, and that is what it is about. At least try to get minimum wage though.
>>
I HATE threads like this because the answer to all your problems lies within you, as far as the job goes you should obviously look for a job that pays higher or suffer
>>
>>28595149
That may not be under minimum wage depending on where OP lives.
>>
File: 1384670910187.jpg (23 KB, 785x474) Image search: [Google]
1384670910187.jpg
23 KB, 785x474
>>28595069
>>28595149
min wage is $7.75/hr

>>28595157
I can't find anywhere that is hiring above what I make now and is not an even more terrible job
>>
>>28595149
Minimum wage ranges from 7.25 to 11.50 so it depends on what state he lives in and how how the cost of living is
>>
>>28595162
I just checked, and yes you are correct, many states that is the minimum pay.

In this case OP, you are still making more then a neet does by far, so essentially it is honest work for honest pay. Suck it up or quit it is up to you. You can try to hint to your boss you are not getting paid enough, try to casually mention you have a strange amount of high rent and talk of how much work you do and end it there, beyond that you just have to look for another job. Again, minimum wage is still more then neets make, so you still always have more money then not working.
>>
>>28595207
Well you will have to trade a terrible job that pays shit for a more terrible job that pays less shit or look for other options
>>
Work at a warehouse or offshore. I work at walmart distribution center 3 days a week 20 an hour doing a job a toddler can do
>>
>>28595246
>you are still making more then a neet does by far, so essentially it is honest work for honest pay. Suck it up or quit it is up to you.
I do way too much work for $5/hr after taxes. If I didn't work so hard I wouldn't care. But I do the same work as people who make $15/hr.

Can't ask about merit pay raises since it is a corp with an union.
>>
I worked at the same job for 20 months for 7.25 then they finally gave everyone raises and i only got 7.50 while newer people got 8.25 or 8.00 so i quit for a new job but left after 4 weeks because pay wasnt worth it and now I'm jobless
>>
>>28595246
Making more than neets, but neets getting paid for doing literally nothing.
>>
>>28595038
Because literally any unskilled baboon off the street could do your job. You're a tier (at least) below the downies that bag my groceries; at least they can't really help it. Find a way to get a job in a skilled trade or higher paying manual labor or quit bitching and deal with it. You aren't entitled to more because you fold clothes and deal with meanie head rich people. I hate retail workers, they whine more than nurses.
>>
>>28595246
Anything less than $20.00 and you may as well take the freedom of the NEET or get a student loan
>>
>>28596224
At least they aren't servers. Most entitled group of workers, and they're so common and unskilled their employers don't even have to pay them.
>>
>>28595274

What position(s)? I did warehouse before and could only get 11.50, and I tried to get into DC's for several companies and got crickets for months
>>
Used to do grocery. And a step up to a department manager was a fucking 25c raise.

Work load increased 10-fold.

Anyways , look into construction as a helper if you want to double what you get now.
>>
>>28595038
OP i work at target and get 10.75$. Theres other stocking positions that pay 12$ which im.about to go for.

Fuck being a cashier and dealing with faggots all day. Do stocking if youre gonna do unskilled barz
>>
File: comfy_pepe.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
comfy_pepe.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>>28595038
Thanks for all the hard work wagies, wouldn't have my NEETbux without you.
>>
>>28596868
$11 an hour here at a very busy walmart. have thought of going for target, but have read about people having problems getting enough hours there?
>>
A minimum wage job is not meant to be a living wage. Your best bet is to find some other place that pays you better. At least you have the work experience to back you up on your resume. Move up the job ladder anon, believe.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.