[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Failing to do what you know to be right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 576485.jpg (867 KB, 3840x2400) Image search: [Google]
576485.jpg
867 KB, 3840x2400
For those of you that have some answers on how to improve your lives but haven't... Why? What stops you, even knowing what you need to do?
>>
It seems pointless. And some of the things that I think are right conflict with the environment around me, and unnecessary conflict is not something that I think is right.

That and poor self-control. Either emotions running too high or indulgence in whatever I'm indulging in not coming at high enough of a cost for me to really care in the moment.
>>
It all requires abandoning my family and/or my coworkers. I'm not a sociopath who can just ruin other people's lives for myself. If I have to sacrifice my own wants and desires for the sake of others, so be it.
>>
i have no life to improve
>>
File: tumblr_nsbssdDPds1uyvel4o1_400.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsbssdDPds1uyvel4o1_400.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
>be me
>have a cutie housemate
>she asks me for help with her uni stuff on the regular
>i offer extensive help
>says thank you on normiebook
>doesnt ever contact me or speak to me outside of my help
>cycle has repeated a good 5 times
>realised ive spent 6 months being advice-cucked
>fucking hell
>>
>>28593754

I'm afraid of who I'll become, or won't become if I improve too fast.

I know exactly what I need to do but internal conflicts and emotions are a bitch.
>>
I come up with answers but that doesn't mean they're right. Sometimes things work out but it's always for the wrong reason. I don't think my actions have ever influenced the outcome of anything related to me in my life. I'm like a small cosmic joke.
>>
File: 144478152393.jpg (126 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
144478152393.jpg
126 KB, 900x675
>>28594169
>I'm afraid of who I'll become, or won't become if I improve too fast.
so deep
>>
>>28594169
so doesnt your problem become how to solve these emotional conflicts? its all thats stopping you
>>
>>28593818
fuck this is me
>original message
>>
File: 1458786871408.png (12 KB, 349x361) Image search: [Google]
1458786871408.png
12 KB, 349x361
Pic related. I have the potential to change, but not the will.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 480x454
>>28593754
>keeps on scrolling
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oho_5Sf-edE

LISTEN TO THIS EVERYDAY AND BE MEN
>>
>>28594146
it's almost as if some people want a tutor
>>
>>28593754
Aldous Huxley wrote a book about this, it's called "Eyeless in Gaza". He is a bit of a mystic but that just makes his books better page turners.
>>
>improves your lives

well thats a very broad topic but for the goals i have set, possibility of failure and lack of societal support
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.