[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Skills that you've lost/things you used to be able
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7
File: 1454973837083.jpg (99 KB, 786x826) Image search: [Google]
1454973837083.jpg
99 KB, 786x826
>used to be able to leave my house to go to the city, go to any social events or buy anything from any store in a total normal fashion without spilling any spaghetti (up to around age 11)
>now am too anxious to even leave my home in the first place, spilling spaghetti and overanalyzing situations where I used to be calm

>used to be able to handle mail and send letters regularly as a kid
>now almost completely forgot about how you do that

>used to speak my native tongue (german) fluently and handle basic french
>know next to nothing about them now, can only understand some written german but that's about all

>used to be able to dive into a pool with no problems, although I was a bad swimmer
>now I can't even put my head under the water without panicking right away

>apparently knew how to knit during my early childhood
>don't even remember this happened at all

>used to be able to make friends easily, both IRL and online
>now approaching anyone at all just feels entirely awkward, even if texting someone you already know

>used to know how to play the flute well
>am clueless now

>used to have somewhat normal or good handwriting
>degraded into chickenscratch for some reason and never recovered
>>
File: 1462656517099.jpg (60 KB, 537x720) Image search: [Google]
1462656517099.jpg
60 KB, 537x720
>used to be able to give a fuck about things
>>
File: moms gonna freak.jpg (102 KB, 500x727) Image search: [Google]
moms gonna freak.jpg
102 KB, 500x727
>>28591340
>used to be able to speak french at an advanced level after learning it for 4 years
>can't even form basic sentences now as it has been so long since I've practiced

>used to know the ins and outs of competitive smogon and VGC pokemon
>barely even remember every type weakness/resistance now

>used to be an amazing basketball player and carry every team I played on
>cower in fear when anyone approaches me with an offer to play

>used to have a decent work ethic and be able to get things done on a schedule and motivate myself to be productive and accomplish tasks
>apathy has consumed me to such a point that it is a major chore to step out of my room or even get out of bed in the morning

>used to feel inclined and obliged to maintain and develop real life connections and bonds with other people
>it now feels forced and a huge chore

Liked your idea for this thread, came up with some from the top of my head quickly to give you a bump.
>>
>>28591526
>french
If you practice a little youll get it back fast

>pokemon
Better off not knowing

>basketball
Literally an ape sport for niggers

>work ethic
This one is pretty bad and will hurt your life if you let it

>connections feel like a chore
I feel you on this one. I cant tell if its because im older or if its because im a cynical piece of shit
>>
You, uh, forgot your native language...?
>>
>used to be able to wake up in the morning, go to school and sit there and pay attention
>I went through my last year like a zombie, sleeping through 90% of all classes
>>
>>28591526
>used to feel inclined and obliged to maintain and develop real life connections and bonds with other people
>it now feels forced and a huge chore
That's because it is a chore, you didn't lose anything, you just found out the truth.
People are usually shit and I am starting to unironically hate interacting with them nowadays and this sucks because you have to interact with these fuckers in order to survive.
>>
File: Time to die.gif (495 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
Time to die.gif
495 KB, 500x223
>Used to wander around in the internet and find all kinds of amazing things
>These days it's just 4chan and Youtube
>>
File: GiveUp.png (1 MB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
GiveUp.png
1 MB, 919x720
>was quantifiably above-average as a child, pushed towards gifted programs, used as teachers helper to teach other students, constantly got awards and shit for standardized test placements
>on a few occasions got accused of cheating because the school administration refused to believe a nine year old could read and write at the level of a college junior
>become very disillusioned with school after several negative run-ins with the Zero Tolerance gestapo, fifth grade teacher who hated boys pushed me over the edge
>withdraw, stop applying myself or putting out anything but the bare minimum effort
>between this and some shit my mom did to me that sabotaged me, I just stop caring and become bitter, edgy, apathetic youth
>barely graduate high school and entered a meh-tier state university, only got in off of my ACT score
>actually begin to try again because I'm interested in my career field
>feel like I'm the dumbest person in the room
>take forever to memorize functions everyone else understood within the first few weeks
>have zero study skills because I, no exaggeration, didn't study once between fourth grade and senior year of high school

I feel like I've lost any ability I may have ever had.

Who /wasted potential/ here?
>>
File: [Autistic shrieks].png (1 MB, 1587x1600) Image search: [Google]
[Autistic shrieks].png
1 MB, 1587x1600
>Used to play the Viola
>Used to be super flexible

S'about it. What little left I can do I picked up way too late in life.
>>
>>28591855
>used to be amazed at things
>now it's as if I've seen everything

Nothing surprises me anymore
>>
File: 1463185550330.png (257 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1463185550330.png
257 KB, 720x404
>used to speak 4 languages fluently
>used to play fighting games and arena shooters well enough that I could win decent money in tournaments
>used to ride my bike all the time
>used to play sax for a living
Got into a car accident. Major damage to my hands, left leg absolutely destroyed, and minor brain damage. Hands don't always work so hot anymore so I can't play vidya or the sax well anymore. Leg barely even bends some days so I can't ride my bike much anymore. Brain damage basically killed my ability to speak German, Mandarin, and French. Down to just English now, and I needed therapy or rehab or whatever the word is to get back up to a functional level with that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.