[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I join a cult?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1432599306918.jpg (95 KB, 359x480) Image search: [Google]
1432599306918.jpg
95 KB, 359x480
A cult is trying to recruit me and I'm thinking maybe joining a cult would improve my life since I'm a complete failure and loser. I don't think I can get any worse than I am now and joining a cult seems like a step up. There's a lot of cute girls in it and maybe I'd be able to actually make some friends.
>>
>>28589962
Yes. Do it fetgrggot.
>>
>>28589962
You'll just end up as the virgin sacrifice, so I guess do it if you feel like dying soon in a cool, but agonizing way.
>>
>>28589962
Describe cult.
>>
>Do not give them any money
>Do not actually fall for their bullshit
>Have an escape plan
Enjoy the ride anon.
>>
>>28589962
What's their belief system?
>>
Only join if it's a blood cult that will give you magic powers.
>>
>>28590108
>>28590103
It's a Mormon derived cult and they're not associated with the LDS church in any way probably because Mormons won't associate with them. I'm n ot sure what their belief system is exactly but it's a lot like Mormonism but too cultish for Mormons.
>>
>>28589962
Is the pic related to their religious practices?
>>
>>28590397
Are they that one polygamist town in southern Utah?
>>
You probably shouldn't. Generally in cults the drones on the bottom don't get anything, especially not pussy. That's reserved for the guys at the top.

On a related note, if you're interested in cults you should check out The Cult at the End of the World: The Terrifying Story of the Aum Doomsday Cult, from the Subways of Tokyo to the Nuclear Arsenals of Russia by David Kaplan.

It's the story of Japan's Aum Shinrikyo cult that attacked the Tokyo subway system with sarin gas in 1995. The story is fucking crazy, you'd call bullshit if it were a movie but it's real life. At their height they had hundreds of millions of dollars, tens of thousands of dollars, and were stockpiling things like lasers, a Russian military helicopter, and enough chemical agents to kill millions.

And, of course, only the guru leading it got to have sex with the women in it. Everyone else had to abstain from even masturbation and walk around with electrode shock caps on (literally).
>>
>>28590580
>tens of thousands of dollars
Sorry, meant "tens of thousands of followers"
>>
>>28590575
No. I don't think those people even recruit.
>>
>>28589962
>>28589962
That's how they get you, the cute girls, they are all actually taken. They will just take your money and get blackmail on you. It will in no way make your life better. Don't do it.
>>
File: Cal.jpg (54 KB, 580x327) Image search: [Google]
Cal.jpg
54 KB, 580x327
>>28589962
Do it. Join the movement.
>>
>>28590397
>too cultish for Mormon
Bad idea, regular Mormonism is bizarre enough.
>>
>>28591136
This.
Some cults actually make their women (even married ones) go out and fuck people to bring them in.
Cults are literally for cucks
>>
Sounds like an alright idea, I'd probably do it, I've always thought it would be pretty cool to devote your life to some weird fucked up supernatural cult, your one sounds kind of boring though
>>
it would be shit because the top ranked chads would STILL get all the gfs while you get nothing

same as in regular society
>>
I would totally join a Mormon cult. Might give you a reason to live.
>>
>>28589962

Eh, a friend of mine did that, or tried to. Same reason: 'there a lot of cute girls!'. They were big on inclusion, everyone welcome, all one in the eyes of the leader, etc.

He started going to their 'church'. People decided he was some kind of a loser immediately and began shunning him (that's my interpretation, he told me it was taking a while for people to 'warm up' to him).

He volunteered for all kinds of things, kept getting told, "oh, we're full up" or "we have all we need, thanks!"

Not only never talked to any women, they sort of actively herded him away from them. Meanwhile, he always had an entire pew to himself.

About 4 months in, the leader pulled him aside and basically gave him the 'I don't think this is working out' talk. Really fucked with his head.

He's not even out a bunch of money. They really didn't want anything to do with him. I don't get it, he's really chill, he really got into the cult thing, too, but they just didn't like him.

>sorry, I don't know their name...was something like the Family of God, I think.
>>
>>28590580

im a kissless hugless handholdless ultra virgin with a plethora of mental illness problems and i wouldn't even dream of joining a cult like that, i guess things aren't so bad
>>
>>28589962
>joining a cult would improve my life
There is no circumstance in which this would happen. No one's life is improved by joining a cult. At best you'd feel better while you were a part of the community and then be back to square one when it dissolved. More likely they would fuck you up emotionally and mentally with their abusive, manipulative tactics to keep you a member of the cult.
>>
>>28589962
>it would be shit because the top ranked chads would STILL get all the gfs while you get nothing
>same as in regular society

/thread
>>
>>28591907
That had to have been an awful experience. How did your friend handle the rejection?
>>
>>28590580
Just spent about an hour reading about this shit, still don't really understand what caused all the violence. I understand that cults are generally insane and that assassinating opposing religious figures is somewhat logical, but why have "yoga" sessions in which they hang members upside down and electrocute them, and aside from the big attacks why do so many of them commit civil violence and murders? They say the group's belief is an offshoot on buddhism and that they're a successful bunch of humans who will survive the end of the world but it just seems to me like a group of people who want an organized way to hurt and murder people.
>>
>join cult
>stay for a while
>leave cult
>write a book about your experience
>???
>PROFIT!
>>
>>28593492
What that cult was doing is how an ethos begins. Except they were eventually squashed. Had they remained to run freely doing assassinations they'd have eventually couped the government and take over society and go from being a cult to being legitimate authority.

The nature of things is timeless. It's always the same at the root.
>>
>>28590105
>>Do not actually fall for their bullshit
>>Have an escape plan
They might drug and imprison him/her
not worth it
>>
>>28589962
What brand of vodka is that?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.