[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe in any religion, /r9k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 10773.jpg (145 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
10773.jpg
145 KB, 800x800
Do you believe in any religion, /r9k/?
>>
>>28589653
i believe in my own meme version of christianity
>>
>>28589653
I personally don't but I'm open to the idea of a god or higher being
>>
I want to but I'm currently unaffiliated with any faith.
>>
I do believe there is a some kind of higher being, but I don't know who or what it is since we have zero evidence for whatever that being is.
>>
File: the formless.jpg (45 KB, 398x300) Image search: [Google]
the formless.jpg
45 KB, 398x300
Sort of a vague combo of all the indian religions.

There is a substantive reality that is infinite and incomprehendable, which underlies all everything that can be perceived as a first cause/origin of it, which is absolutely real whereas perceptable reality is only relatively real, ie God (but as a substance not as a being)

In contrast to our reality is full of suffering due to temporariness and attachments. The way to reach reunite with the perfect absolute reality is through detaching yourself from the doldrums of what seems to be reality, getting away from the pendulum of pleasure and pain and seeking knowledge and detached contentment. You detach simply by throwing stuff away attachments, doing selfless acts for the benefit of other living beings (karma) and not letting your preconceptinos get in the way of actually experiencing things. I also believe vaguely in some metaphysical seeming realities above perceptible reality still subject to the swinging pendulum but closer to the original source that influence our own perceptable reality.

tl;dr not becoming attached to anything temporary, material, mental, past or future and trying to be a genuinely nice person to other living things
>>
File: wizard rain dance.gif (2 MB, 400x218) Image search: [Google]
wizard rain dance.gif
2 MB, 400x218
>>28589653
Yes, not exactly a religion, but just have faith in god.
it gives me hope.
>>
>>28589699
Not OP, but I have the same ideal.
>>
No. If given proof I will though. I'm not anti-religion but without any sort of evidence I'm not going to follow anything. Apparently that's too much to ask for since religious people get butthurt at the mention of wanting evidence for something. I'm not discounting for beliefs but for me to sign up for that, I need something tangible and observable.

I'm totally open to god. I'm not one of those people that say it's not possible but until the proof is before me, I'm not sold.
>>
>>28590892
what proof would be acceptable? i'm always curious what people mean by this. to me it's 100% a matter of faith and evidence doesn't even come into play.
>>
I'm not anti religion nor am I an atheist. But I don't believe in god or religion. It just doesn't make sense to me.
>>
judaism

desu
>>
>>28590950
Anything besides just stories. Other than god himself ascending to earth, show me something from the bible or your religion. Show me an angel, show me water being turned into wine, show me literally anything from the stories that goes beyond human comprehension and science. Just show me something that can only be because of god.
>>
>>28589653
Paganism

The only non-feminizing religion and ideals which preserve what makes us strong and noble.

The only "father" i need is one who shares my blood and lives through me and is biologically part of me, not some abstraction who can be projected to any slavish mind who wishes to forget his past.
>>
im an agnostic transcendentalist
>>
>>28591179
>show me something that can be inly because of god
this so much
I personally even WANT to believe in god, but since I wasnt raised christian like most of you amerifags my atheism isnt jst being edgy.
I justcant believe there is something like God when there isnt anything, not a one single thing to show me that he does exist.
>have a faith simething exist when you logically cant find a reason to even think he can live
its pretty tough desu

I read a lot about buddhism and daoism tho and many statements in these look very plausible and are actually helpful for my life.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.