[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's something you never hear about. Suppose... you got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1452111871387.jpg (357 KB, 1383x1600) Image search: [Google]
1452111871387.jpg
357 KB, 1383x1600
Here's something you never hear about.

Suppose... you got a gf. Let me tell you two things.

1)You will not automatically be happy, in fact from my experience, I can't remember if when I was with her I was better off or worse off, so that shows just how negligible a difference it makes in life.

2)You will not magically lose your awkwardness, even around her. You will be the same loser you were before.

But there are benefits

1)Getting all your firsts out of the way, and getting them out of your mind. You'll realize that it is all overrated and much more complex than you thought. You'll those around you in relationships with a new perspective.

2)Less loneliness - you become each others priorities and will always have somebody to do stuff with. You might miss solitude though.

Anyway, that's it. I know you won't believe it until you get and break up with a gf, but I figured I'd give you a heads up.

There are so many better feels out there. It's a shame that you are all preoccupied with this simple vanilla feel.
>>
The biggest problem with relationships is all the responsibilities it comes with. You have to do stuff, buy gifts, hang out etc. I do geniunely care and love people but I just cannot deal with being bound by someone or having responsibilities to someone.

In my experience crushes have always felt better than actual relationships.
>>
>>28591338
Also true. Hence the difference in perspective between those who have been in a relationship and those that haven't.
>>
>1)You will not automatically be happy, in fact from my experience, I can't remember if when I was with her I was better off or worse off, so that shows just how negligible a difference it makes in life.

>2)You will not magically lose your awkwardness, even around her. You will be the same loser you were before.

this means nothing

It's like saying "won't cure your cancer" is a downside to drinking a glass of water.
>>
>>28592036
Difference is that a lot of people who haven't had a cold glass of water think it'll cure their cancer. He was saying a very common myth was wrong so it was in fact relevant to the post.
>>
File: 1462752777909.jpg (19 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462752777909.jpg
19 KB, 640x640
>>28589630
>You will not automatically be happy

My first girlfriend would hug me every time we saw each other. It became something I looked forward to every time we hung out. No, it won't solve all your problems but it has the potential to make you feel insanely happier.

>You will be the same loser you were before.

Speak for yourself asshole. My girlfriend would ask me if I'd done my homework and also pushed me to go to the gym with her. You just got a shitty girlfriend.
>>
>>28592241
>People unironicly make these post but still post on this cesspool
>>
>>28592241
You don't belong here, Norman. This post was addressed to ROBOTS and how a gf and relationship would pertain to them. Go back to /b/
>>
>>28589630
>tfw had a relationship that actually did both of the things you said it wouldn't do (though I was still very awkward around other people)
>tfw blew it
>tfw it will never happen again because it was a one in a million coincidence and I've degenerated since then, I'm far too pathetic for something like that now

Why are we allowed to mess up so bad holy shit
Death when?
>>
>>28592815
Were you automatically happy during your relationship just because you were in a relationship? If so, I wish I could be content that easily.
>>
>>28592871
Nah, it was being around him specifically that made me happy. Whenever we were apart I would revert back to my old gloomy self. He was very special, and I don't think just anyone could make me feel the same way.

Life sucks.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.