[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my meditation log: day 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: yoda-meditating.jpg (14 KB, 400x239) Image search: [Google]
yoda-meditating.jpg
14 KB, 400x239
So i decided that I want to change once and for all, and to do so I need to cleanse myself of all this negativity through meditation.

I haven't started actually meditating yet, but I've been practicing to silence the whirlpool of thoughts in my head.

Today I started by focusing on sounds around me, such as a fan. Anchoring my attention to the noise and the noise only helped turn down the volume of the tornado of thoughts in my mind. Then, I set a timer for a few minutes. I watched the seconds tick down, and I worked on being aware of where it was at, but trying not to actually count down the numbers in my head. This was difficult because it's easy to just stare at it and space out. Once I was able to be in sync with the clock without hearing my inner voice say the numbers in my head, I was at almost a total mental silence, and it felt great.

It only took me a few moments of zero mental noise to realize that my emotions are what's bringing me down. My emotions work there way to the surface as pessimistic thoughts and delusions. Silence my thoughts, silence my emotions.

Now that small amount of practice hasn't cured me yet, but it gave me a bit of hope that I can eventually have full control over everything and be at peace. Once my thoughts and feelings came back, I felt like crying for no reason for a few moments. It's like plugging up a garden hose; the water gets backed up and comes out even stronger when it gets released.

Now I have to find another route for all that shit to go instead of back out, maybe through a refinery where it can be processed into something useful.
>>
nice thread keep us posted on your daily progress.
>>
The important thing is to sit still and think. There's active meditation that you can do while walking or some repetitive movement but generally you just want to turn your devices off, sit still and think. Lots of people do it in the shower or before sleeping, without meaning to.

One exercise you can try is turning your attention fully outwards and claiming the space around you. Open your senses, look around and see what is there, what is its significance, how does it relate to everything else?
>>
>>28589281
don't feed the blogger pls
>>
I know when I'm serious about making change in my life I post on 4chan about it.
>>
>>28589493

I want to share my journey with robots who are slaves to their thoughts.
>>
>>28589785
you just need a girl to lick your butthole
>>
>inb4 Anti-Buddha

and I can't seem to slow my thoughts down, anon. Plus there have been times where negative thoughts flood my head.
>>
I'm really glad that you are working on improving yourself and getting healthier anon! Congratulations on taking the first step because it's something that's not always easy to do.
Don't give up :)
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.