[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be good at playing the guitar >practiced and played all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 306x306
>be good at playing the guitar
>practiced and played all the time from the time I was 12
>constantly learning new songs, practicing scales, learning music theory, etc.
>I'm now 21
>parents tell me I'm "gifted" and that I was born with inherent musical ability

Fuck normies
>>
>>28588793
Ayyy, so what was the point of the thread?
>>
>>28588820
There wasn't, it was my shitty blogpost.
>>
>>28588859
Come hither to my bedroom quarters, m'lord
>>
but you are still a neet aren`t you, guitar is out of fashion sorry to tell you this kid but you can`t create anything new, there is an overpopulation of musicians so unless you are a pop star or a nigger rapper you are doomed to fail kid.
>>
>>28588793
No one knows what hard work is.
Teach myself to code and people think I'm a genius/gifted.

It's so fucking stupid. All I did was read some books, did some tutorials and made shit.
>>
>>28588909
I am a NEET but I disagree with that. I think people will get sick of the popshit and rap and will want a strong rock band scene, like there was back in the 90's.
>>
>>28589014
No, the jews have won. Sorry
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 960x696) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 960x696
>>28589112
>tfw you will never go on a world tour with your bandmate bros at the peak of your success

Literally why live
>>
>>28588793
Same man.
>been playing the Saxophone since I was in sixth grade
>absolutely average at it since my band director kept putting me in last chair (he even put freshman in higher chairs than me)
>go to church orchestra where people are so bad that I'm actually somewhat good
>church orchestra director says that our musical talent is a gift from god and not us meticulously learning how to play and practicing for years

I hate christfags and my band director
>>
>>28588793
>>28588926
>>28589231

The practice and learning didn't magically happen because you willed it into existence. Your decisions are still the product of physical cause and effect relationships. Free will isn't real.
>>
>>28589014
>people will get sick of the popshit and rap and will want a strong rock band scene, like there was back in the 90's
Tell me one single music scene that resurrected since the 50's. I don't think it's ever possible for 90's music to come back
>>
>>28589231

>unironically, LITERALLY playing the saxophone

Please don't be real.
>>
>>28589291
true, but that's not what normies mean when they use the word talented
>>
>>28588926
>>28588793

funny, and yet when people here say that alphas work hard to get great careers and great bodies you just say they were born with good genetics and were handed everything

topkek
>>
>>28589014
>rock band scene
sorry to get /mu/ on you here, but rock is such a vague genre. Nowadays what people call rock is landfill indie shit and metal, both of which are still pretty popular.
>>
>>28589345
The garage scene got resurrected fucking hardcore. Also pop punk got crazier look at Title Fight.
>>
ive been playing bass for almost two years now, i have always had very good ears so improvising comes easy, who else on r9k is in a band btw?

im neet as fuck but i play with my band sometimes and its pretty much my only source of happiness
>>
>"gifted"

That word ruined my life.

>be annoying cunt of a child
>get taken to counsellor when I'm about 8
>they decide to get my IQ tested
>I get a high score, about 135
>suddenly I'm not just a lazy, disruptive little shit, I'm "gifted"
>the school stops trying to discipline me, because I should be "free to learn the way I prefer"
>spend all my time either being disruptive or reading about dinosaurs
>act like a sperg all the time, they allow it and even encourage it
>never learn to study properly
>never learn proper social skills
>let me carry on being an autist because they don't want to hold me back or some stupid shit

Fuck the school system.
>>
>>28589346
To be more specific, the alto saxophone. What wrong with that?
>>
>>28589496
You just got memed on
>>
>>28589346
lol are you serious? i respect saxophonists
>>
>>28589489
I miss my band buddies from my home town. Atm I play with a couple of shit guitarists and an egomaniac singer
>>
I want to learn guitar too, what i have to do in order to start? (inb4 guitar obtained)
>>
>>28589531
i had that for a while, i was stuck with a guitarist who would do nothing but solo, literally id lay down a bass line and hed just solo, i mean im all for jamming but its not productive at all, plus he always used to awkwardly look at me in the most autistic way when we played
>>
>>28589542
Don't get lessons
Learn open chords
Learn basic scales (minor pentatonic, natural minor, natural major)
Use a pick and do alternate picking from the start, I didn't do that and I'm still paying for it 5 years later.
Profit?
>>
>>28589542
chords, thats it, just learn chords, and go from there
>>
File: dinopepe.png (156 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
dinopepe.png
156 KB, 500x263
>>28589495
So, do you at least know a lot about dinosaurs now?
>>
>Have no education other than vocational
>Never do anything but sit infront of my computer
>Everything I try to do I quit at after a while because I'm a loser
>Family still thinks I'm smart and a nice person

I wonder when their denial stage is going to pass.
>>
>>28589495
lel this happened to me too.
>be "exceptionally gifted" child in 4th grade
>given option to skip two grades but dont because lazy fuck
>parents stop asking me about schoolwork all the way up to CC because they assume i'm some sort of genius that gets everything
>teachers in hs get mad that I dont take AP classes
>kids in hs act all sensitive and proper around me because apparently I was a genius and geniuses are super strict and proper (they probably just didn't not know me well enough because I hardly ever talked)
>also dumb fagets always asking you for help with their dumb homework and praising you out of nowhere for being "so smarttttt xd"
>just ostracized by everyone in general and end probably ended up hating school because of it

Well atleast now I'm a dumbass in uni who has yet to get an A in any engineering class and don't even have to talk to anyone anymore.
Also:
>tfw no gf
>
>>
>>28589657
tbf I guess I used to be like that (playing shitty solos over whatever progression they were using), the way past it is writing more riffs.
>>
>>28588793
Lol fucking plebe I barely practiced in high school and was 1st chair saxophone by sophomore year in addition to playing piano recitals

Been gifted since I first Sat down at a piano bench
>>
File: IMG-20160515-WA0007.jpg (25 KB, 480x473) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160515-WA0007.jpg
25 KB, 480x473
>>28589710
Same shit here. I cant handle that anymore
>>
>>28589542
The first step is to learn a few chords, just so you get the hang of putting your fingers in uncomfortable positions, strumming, and changing chords. Your fingers will hurt a little at first but they will callus within a few months.

I highly recommend using:

justinguitar.com

This guy named Justin Sandercoe has an extremely helpful video series of lessons for beginners, and even has intermediate and more advanced once you get to that point. There are a lot of other good resources and links there too.

ultimate-guitar.com

Pretty well-known site; great place to find chords and tabs for songs.

musictheory.net and chordbook.com

Chordbook is a nice little tool for learning chords and scales, and the music theory site will give you some basic music theory info, which should help you understand the fretboard.

Good luck anon
>>
>>28589531
>sell whatever shitty guitar you got
>get 10 string djent machine
>0-0-0-1-0-0-0-1 on the lowest string
>>
>>28589231
teach me how to play a tuba my band director won't
>>
>>28589531
isn't that normal for a singer though?
>>
>>28589884
Is it possible to learn flamenco guitar on your own? I'm an agoraphobic NEET, there is no way I'm going to get a guitar teacher.
>>
>>28590388
Absolutely. Wanting to learn a classical, trained style on your own might be tricky though.
>>
>>28588793
I can play open chords and a couple really simple riffs and everyone thinks I'm amazing. It makes me feel like shit.
>>
>>28590488
I know what you mean. I'm a joke compared to real guitar players but my family treats me like I'm a god at it
>>
>>28589702
yee

orig cont
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.