[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /can drive but genuinely hates it/? >driving for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1449011124830.jpg (148 KB, 442x648) Image search: [Google]
1449011124830.jpg
148 KB, 442x648
Who here /can drive but genuinely hates it/?

>driving for about 3 years now
>still hate going into urban areas and highways
>whenever I try to park in a city most if not all spots in the street are already filled to the rim with normieshit cars who presumably live in the apartments nearby and actually can't bother to find a good long-term private place
>no proper parking lots wherever I go
>even the pay parking spots by the street are full almost all of the time, not like I was willing to waste actual money on something as essential as that
>can waste a shitton of time looking for an empty spot and maybe not even find one
>decided to give up on that shit and just park more far away from my destination in a shit-tier spot that is however always empty, and walk the rest of the journey even if I have to go uphill, at least it may save me time in the long run but I should probably get rid of this habit anyway

>haven't gone into a highway for about 3 years now because of my poor sense of direction (and really never needed to because of my daily routes)
>can't afford a proper GPS
>always anxious that the vague destination signs don't guide me properly to where I want to go
>also anxious that I don't pay attention and miss out a highway exit and have to continue driving for god knows how long until the next one comes up and probably isn't that convenient

Maybe I should just try to save up some money. But who genuinely likes that shit? There's slow ass drivers who take up most of the street and don't even care and you have to deal with asshole police measures that can suck your wallet dry with their speed cameras for going just a bit faster than indicated in a safe straight road, add significant gridlocks to that if you live in a place with pathetically shit road infrastructure.

It's all just unsafe, expensive and anxious garbage. But public transport in where I live is absolutely shitty too, so it's either suffer or nothing.
>>
>>28587117
driving is the only joy in my life
>>
>>28587171
How do you make it fun? For me it's just somewhat fun if driving on normal roads, everything else just feels like stressing shit despite that I already have (selective) experience in this.
>>
>>28587171
This, driving with good music on is one of the few things that still makes me legitimately happy. As long as traffic is moving. Sometimes I fantasize about switching careers to be a trucker, it seems like such a peaceful job. Truckers can make up to $70,000 which is as much as I'm making now in a mind-numbing cubicle job.
>>
>>28587117
I feel exactly the same way whenever I have to drive somewhere totally unfamiliar or have to parallel park. I used to be really anxious about driving in general until I started driving multiple times per day and taking the highway into the city about once a week. Then you get used to it and it's actually less stressful than walking down the street because you're inside a car and no one can see you.

But I will never not be embarrassed whenever I have to parallel park. It makes me feel like such a woman that I can't do it, but I just can't be fucked practicing.
>>
Have had my license for 4 years now. Haven't drove for more then a dozen times.
Ama
>>
>>28587117

I dunno man, I am only driving for 4 months now and I do not really care about it anymore. I was anxious at first and still am before I actually sit at the wheel, but once I am actually rolling I do not care.
Highways used to scare the shit out of me, now I just turn up the volume of my music and go fast. Urban areas are something I try to avoid, my city has a pretty robust public transport system, exactly because finding a parking spot is a pain.
I avoid driving as much as I can in general, because I agree on it being expensive and dangerous, but I can live with it as a periodical necessity.

I would actually like it if it was about driving in bumfuck nowhere.
>>
>>28587117
>live in the middle of London
>bought a car for work nearly 2 years ago
>quit work 1 year ago
>car basically just sits there now
>some fucker scratched the bonnet a few weeks ago, now there's a massive scratch there
>still get scared driving
>have to drive my whole family on the motorway up north on a 3 hours journey at the end of the month
Still wondering how I'm gonna get out of that one tbqh.

I don't feel like I'm built for driving - I get distracted way too easily and I have poor visual coordination.
>>
>>28587117
>normieshit cars
wtf does that even mean?
their cars are nicer than yours?
seriously wtf is a normieshit car? a minivan?
a car is a car.
it's not like all normies get the same fucking make and model.
if your anxiety is so fucked that you can't drive, then please gtfo the road
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.