[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High School
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 51d6_0806.jpg (22 KB, 507x337) Image search: [Google]
51d6_0806.jpg
22 KB, 507x337
Did your life get better or worse after high school?
>>
I didn't go to high school

Life was better as a kid

My life has been leeching off my parents for 4 years
>>
So much fucking better. High school was literally the rock bottom of my life. I graduated in 95, I would have predated Eric and Dylan by four years.
>>
>>28585229
high school is like prison. prove me wrong. pro tip: you cant
>>
at least in high school you enjoyed your free time somewhat
25 years old now and every moment is suffering, it only gets worse
>>
>Infinite free time
>No stress at all
>Forced interaction with other basement dwellers
>Easy as fuck course work
>3 months off every year for summer, always weekends and federal holidays, 1 week for thanksgiving and spring break, 2 weeks for winter break
>Hours were 8am to 3pm
>Wasn't awful to be a beta virgin
>>
I dropped out the last year from bullying and because High School failed me I took it upon myself to get educated about Life, Taxes, History, Programming. I'd never want to relive those days.
>>
Definitely way worse now, I actually had a decent high school life and still had all my middle school friends. Even when I changed classes I still had acquaintances since one of my best friends helped make me closer to then.
Now In college and no friends nearby to hang out, having no one to talk to in uni and the realization that I don't want to be a code monkey made me completelly give up on my studies.I'm an even bigger social shut in than before and I'm basically a neet now.
>>
File: 1457055177766.jpg (129 KB, 396x368) Image search: [Google]
1457055177766.jpg
129 KB, 396x368
Briefly became better, now it's far, far worse at the age of 26.

No more hopes or dreams or anything.
>>
I don't miss high school at all really
>>
>from Texas so I don't fit in socially with rednecks and country people, even the more artsy or computer based people are far kinda lagging
>ahead of my age mentally, everyone is drinking and doing rugs and I'm just preparing for college
>dump all my friends sophomore year and just play games and school while working
>love college
>graduate with a job
>love my job

Hs is shit unless you're a MEGA normie. I wasn't bullied ever, had gfs and even was popular in a school of 7k. But that didn't mean it was fun. It's life with training wheels still on when you're ready to take them off.
>>
>>28585229
Got really worse for a while, started getting better
Went to grad night after graduation, came home found cardboard boxes with my stuff in front of the garage, note taped to box, dad told me not to knock on the door, locks were changed, told me load my stuff in my car and leave, anything left and it would be tossed in the morning, told me not to come back, call or bother him and my stepmother, my mom died when I was 5, if I bothered them again he would call police, told me that seeing me made him think of my mom and it was too painful for him, mom died in a car crash, dad was drunk and drove off the road, rolled and killed her, he also said I was a disappointment
Lived in my car for 6 months, while working at Walgreen's, forgot all about college, got a former teacher to let me use his address and when I turned 18 I joined the Air Force, been in 10 years and things are going really well, changed my name, took my mom's maiden name, no idea if my dad is alive or dead, haven't been to my hometown since I left, miss my half brothers and sister, did not attend my 10 year school reunion
Life only gets better if you try, if you wait for something to magically happen, it will never happen
>>
>>28585738
Do you also live in Eastern Europe?
>>
>>28586082
Because you sit on your ass posting pictures of anime girls on a forum board
>>
>>28585229

Better actually, though I still see some popular people and it's like they've never really grown up at all, they don't culture themselves, stay in their own little hugbox and are frightened to venture outside.
>>
File: 1428246683584.jpg (108 KB, 640x630) Image search: [Google]
1428246683584.jpg
108 KB, 640x630
College was basically a repeat with more personal independence. I was on good terms with the people I had to interact with, but forming relationships has always been a skill I lack.

I was never really picked on or harassed in high school, but I was never particularly good at forming and maintaining lasting friendships. I'm 26 and have only had 5 friends I would consider to be actual "friends," not just acquaintances I'd see in classes or around the hall/campus.

I finished undergrad and went on to get my Masters before finally moving out on my own, but I guess it's better late than never.

My personality hasn't really changed considerably since graduating from high school, but I'm much more content and less concerned about what others think about me. Life gets better in that regard, I suppose.
>>
>>28586895
what the fuck dude

sorry
>>
better, i got a job did that for a year. saved some money for rent and started to visit university
>>
worse,way worse
I got bullied there in each year
good thing it's over.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.