[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does the /10 rating system work? Shouldn't 5/10 be the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1445802488450.jpg (45 KB, 577x622) Image search: [Google]
1445802488450.jpg
45 KB, 577x622
How does the /10 rating system work? Shouldn't 5/10 be the average? Feels more like 7/10 or so is the average.
>>
>>28584986
So when someone says you are a 3 it hurts more.

:)
>>
>>28584986
5 is below average and 6 is average.

stop trying to change the system nigger.
>>
File: Dog Eating Bees.png (125 KB, 504x500) Image search: [Google]
Dog Eating Bees.png
125 KB, 504x500
People greatly inflate their scores. So unless you know how the person rates you should probably deduct 2 to 3 points from their score.
>>
Depends if you are talking about men or women doing the rating.

When guys rate, 5 is the average. That doesn't mean that all guys are saying the average is where their standards lie. They may see a 7 as their minimum for being attractive to them, but a 5 is still average to them.

When women rate, they instead look at the guy of minimum attractiveness they are willing to settle for and slot him at 5 and then put other guys around him. If a girl will settle for a truly average guy, you will end up with an average guy at 5. If a girl will only settle for a guy in the top 20%, 5-10/10 will be 20% of the guys and 1-4 will be 80% of the guys.

This is all mostly because a rating system doesn't make sense to girls.They don't have to rate guys, they just have to say yes or no when a guy comes along. They aren't looking around a club or a bar and going "yes, yes, no, no, yes, no, no" like guys are picking a target to approach, they just sit around waiting for when the time to say yes or no comes along and deciding at that point "is he a 5 or better? Yes, buy me a drink and I'll give you 5 mins to convince me. Less than a 5? No. Next!"
>>
>>28585586
I don't inflate SHIT.
Theory debunked.
>>
>>28585586
this. usually people inflate by two to three points or deflated by one or two points. it's somewhat difficult to find a 3 or 7 out of 10 (not counting fat pigs, those aren't people). usually people are 4 - 6 out of ten.
>>
>>28585726
for women, log or sqrt transform
>>
>>28584986

5 is average but for women average is never good enough. That's the thing.
>>
It's subjective, I've been rated a 2 before then also rated a 8 so...
>>
>>28584986
I've moved on to cute boys, it requires a different rating system entirely.
>>
>>28585925
Would you call me cute?

I think I am cute.
>>
>>28585925
Do you ever feel like you're taking advantage of them? I tell myself it's their choice and it's what they want but when I'm cybering a cute boy and they're dildoing their butt for me I'm turned on as fuck but also feel bad because I know they're only 18 (most of the time)
Needless to say I'm not a sadist.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.