[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If someone were to proposition you recruit you to go live in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: 23454944.jpg (309 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
23454944.jpg
309 KB, 1024x768
If someone were to proposition you

recruit you to go live in the forest, work on a farm, build a small community, something like that; leave society behind, would you accept? or do you still feel like your place is in society? the suburbs, your apartment, wherever you are? are you perfectly content being neet, or working retail or whatever? do you think it's more likely for society to find your life of worth one day and give you something close to your ideal lifestyle, than it is to take complete control of your life and build it how you want?

do you have good societal prospects?

are there things you have now that you wouldn't be able to leave behind?
>>
>>28584507

thats still society. but working on a farm sounds pretty sweet. id like to be a farmer on a farm with hot farmer girls who wear cowboy hats and those plaid button downs with skinny jeans and are hot.
>>
Only if plenty of babes were to come too
>>
yes, because everything will probably come crumbling down in 2-3 decades. it would be good to get a head start on abandoning modern civilization.
>>
>>28584507
If anyone I know finds out I'm /pedo/ I'm going to fuck off to some wilderness in somewhere so I might as well start now.
>>
File: 1435978541312.gif (824 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1435978541312.gif
824 KB, 320x240
>>28584558
i agree. tfw most people dont plan ahead with society in their considerations
>>
Do I still get to have drugs?
I'll only do it if there's drugs.
>>
Society can suck cock. I'd come, but only if there's good internet and not too laborious work.
>>
Where is the upside to this shit

I hate yardwork. Mosquitoes love me so I'm akways cranky when camping

No internet?
>>
Yes, in a heartbeat.
It's fucking weird, I was raised in the middle class South and always saw rednecks as shit, but now as I come out of the school bubble I realized I'd be pretty into ranch life. Stuff like growing crops or hell even really laborious work like digging a private mine is suddenly very attractive.

And this is made even stranger by the fact that my other life goal would be to live in a bigass metropolitan city.

If I did join the commune, It'd have to be out in the midwest though, fuck if I'm gonna work in the heat down here.
>>
>>28584558
>>28584594

Its not going to happen fellas. Society is not getting less table. Every group of young people thinks this but even the worst wars of human history did jack shit to society at large. It kept trucking on.

And there will never be another war between major powers, because all major powers have nukes or have the ability to manufacture them if needed. Mutually assured destruction.

Nope, the world is going to keep on keeping on. The US losing economic prominence doesn't mean anything historically. Out of 12,000 years of recorded history, your prophecy has never come true.
>>
>>28584625
depending on what kind of midwest; the states either have summers comparable to the south but with snow in the winter (eastern midwest), or heats almost as comparable to the south, but with fucking ridiculously cold winters (western midwest)
>>
>>28584647

*Stable not table
>>
>>28584647
>but even the worst wars of human history did jack shit to society at large

yeah on a global scale. societies in their whole still got fucked in the ass often enough.

besides, it's not so much about society going to shit and you being killed. it's more about society just not having a place for you and you dying alone, having accomplished nothing, not even a gf
>>
>>28584507
I still need the internet and videogames.

Unless the head of that community can make me an immortal cyborg or teach me amazing magical powers, then I'm afraid I'll still need internet and videogames.
>>
>>28584647
>Every group of young people thinks this but even the worst wars of human history did jack shit to society at large
Yeah but the Depression happened independent of any war, so your point is rendered fairly moot.

>>28584662
The midwest doesn't have the South's humidity though. Dry heat's a fucking joke compared to wading through a hot tub to get in and out of your car.
Plus cold winters are great
>>
>>28584725

The depression did nothing long term for human civilization. Hence why society is still here. What point were you trying to make?
>>
>>28584725
>Yeah but the Depression happened independent of any war
yeah, society takes a huge shit often enough to justify leaving it for one that's more consistent and resilient

>The midwest doesn't have the South's humidity though
i guess it probably doesnt; during the peaks it gets as bad but that's only a few weeks worth i suppose. there are summer storms but not hurricanes
>>
>>28584750
The Depression only did nothing long-term because the War industry kickstarted most western economies you clod

Also, if you really think that war can't ruin societies for generations, read up on the Reconstruction-era South.
>>
>>28584750
that global continuation of a global society doesnt matter to people who can't run to whichever part of the globe is doing particularly well at a given moment. dumbass
>>
I had to live with a native tribe for over a year, basically in light rainforest. Basically no societal contact during that time, certainly none of the amenities. It was hard but also kind of rewarding and a great life experience.
>>
>>28584750
i'm not talking about human civilization, i'm talking about YOUR place. if human civilization as a whole decided you aren't welcome, would you off yourself for its sake?
>>
>>28584803
Yeah but at least you got an untouched sex slave.

Right?
>>
>>28584823
I don't know about slave but the whole reason I had to stay was because I accidentally got married.
>>
>>28584858

... you can't just leave it at that. Greentext!
>>
>>28584858
by the look of things, you ghosted didnt you
>>
>>28584507
If I was older yeah, I'm still kinda young so I feel like there's still a chance for me to make it
>>
File: 1330898403476.png (6 KB, 309x246) Image search: [Google]
1330898403476.png
6 KB, 309x246
>>28584922
>>28584507
>>28584558
>>28584617
>>28584625
do you guys wanna be friends? contact method of your choice
>>
>>28584892

>Got into a volunteered internship abroad with a colleague of my professor who helped set it up
>Working with uncontacted tribes in New Guinea, mostly healthcare (malaria) but also anthropological work
>With the second tribe we made contact with, I was stupid and didn't tell the supervisors what was going on with their interaction towards me
>Ended up going through what we later learned to be a marriage ceremony for the tribe, wasn't safely able to leave after that
>The professor though thought it was an amazing chance to better study and understand them, so with a handler accompanied me with the tribe though they were weary of them
>Ended up lasting a sixteen months where I lived closely with them and the professor got as close as he could manage while still providing help, occasionally left with the handlers to get more supplies

I was lucky they were able to get me to leave, otherwise I'd still be stuck with the tribe as basically a hostage.

>>28584908
I had to yeah, I still feel bad about it but can't exactly go back. It's been over two years since anyway, the chances of finding the same tribe again are slim to none.
>>
>>28585050
what was the ceremony like? i think youre missing something here
>>
>>28585050
>had a chance to bone a qt who had literally NEVER seen Chad before
>choose to ===>Abscond
What a loser
>>
>>28585114
Some of the tribe gathered us by a fire and seated me beside her. Her father wrapped our hands together with a number of long reeds and one of the elders placed ceremonial mantles (made of dry woven plant matter) on our shoulders. Two of the elders spoke and adorned us with some dye and then we were to share a calabash. There were some celebrations around as we were given some gifts by other tribe members and her family as I could tell accepted and appreciated the effort, as well as some group singing.

After that we had to remain bound by the hand (she became distressed and had to redo it when I tried removing it) till that evening when she tried to initiate intimacy. After that though she wove the binding into sort of bracelets for the two of us which as far as I knew was their way of indicating who was married to who.
>>
>>28585318
Are you Papuan yourself?
>>
>>28584964
Not one of them but I'd like to be friends
>>
>>28585318
> tried to initiate intimacy

You didn't even fuck her on the wedding night? Or afterwards?

> anon gets married to jungle qt
> spends sixteen months with her
> doesn't fuck

I don't have words for this.
>>
Oh hell naw. I ain't drinking no kool aid
>>
>>28585318
you realize they wanted your first world genes right

you turned down the pussy they gave you, do you know how insulted they must be? can you put them down any harder
>>
>>28585384
>hurrr le kool-aid meme
Go read about what actually happened at Waco Texas dude. Pop culture may tell you groups like the Branch Davidians are crazy fundie cults but they were actually well-respected and known around the area. Not all extra-societal communities are death cults.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 1200x712) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 1200x712
I would work on the farm.. Internet and electricity is available? I'd still need to play vidya. No exceptions, but I have a green thumb and have grown many veggies and legal marijuana...

There would also be a supply chain right? Because surplus food would sold or traded for services or just cash...
>>
>>28584507
>do you think it's more likely for society to find your life of worth one day and give you something close to your ideal lifestyle, than it is to take complete control of your life and build it how you want?
No, but I'm also skeptical that I'm capable of doing so, and with good reason.
>>
>>28585395
This
>native tribe never seen other people before
>thinks anon is a god
>offers their qtest virgin to him
>he declines
>becomes their patron deity of beta life
>>
>>28585486
That's why you have a community though
>>
>>28585454
le kool aid meme isn't from Waco it's from Jonestown
>>
>>28585523
Right, but I'm saying that not every (hell, not most) alternative communities aren't batshit, even ones that history has tried to skew in that light.
>>
File: 111655191.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1272) Image search: [Google]
111655191.jpg
305 KB, 1920x1272
>>28585379
steamcommunity.com/id/butthole9

OP here, im assuming steam is obligatory, you guys can add me
>>
If I could bring my cat, sure.
>>
>>28585492
Uncontacted tribes aren't uncontacted, they interact with other tribes and probably know of White people, they just avoided them
>>
>>28585166
I was with her for over a year, we did more than bone.

>>28585373
No I'm white. One of the big problems in interacting with the tribes and a big reason the professor was so surprised, they think whites are literal ghosts and often superstitious and afraid. So it was a huge deal for them to accept marrying one into the tribe.

It was also the reason though, I was safely able to take my leave when I did.

>>28585382
Eventually I did accept her advances, but this was already after the point where I had to go with them. By that point I figured I might as well just accept the situation and get some benefit from it.

>>28585395
If that's what they wanted that's what they got, me and her had a son together. A little creepy that the professor wanted constant updates and to know all the details of all aspects of our life including intimacy, and he even encouraged it.
>>
File: 1310497622740.jpg (24 KB, 525x481) Image search: [Google]
1310497622740.jpg
24 KB, 525x481
>>28585637
nice pham

>>28585568
cats are useful on a farm desu; killing harvest-eating rodents
>>
>>28584507
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Pfft no, no way.
Society has been good to me, I have a comfy apartment and I get enough tasty food and internet to be happy, only stupid teenagers that don't know how good they have it and poorfags would agree and they wouldn't last a week
>>
>>28584507
Do I still get Internet? This is the most important thing.
>>
>>28585637
No academic or researcher would approve of this
>>
>>28585698
you'll have to wait for it, but yes
>>
>>28584507
Yes, that actually sounds very nice

I hate cities and I don't have any friends, kissless virgin, so it's not like I'd be losing anything.

I've always enjoyed doing work in nature, gardening etc. I do have anxiety/depression so it would be nice if others there had similar experiences or could help me out. But I'd be happy working there. I don't have any great dreams to meet or desires to travel, I'm quite homely.

Robot Commune when?
>>
>>28585637
>guys I totes had a child with an uncontacted tribe for the sake of science
Why'd you have to bullshit the story so much anon?
>>
>>28585746
Where does the internet come from senpai?
>>
>>28585765
>>28585518
>>28585568
>>28585379
>>28584922
>>28584558
>>28584617
>>28584625
what are you guys waiting for? i want all of you to respond
>>
>>28585968
[email protected]

Or kik. (Otaku_dude) I guess I could make an account for some thing else if need be. I'm (>>28585379)
>>
>>28585968

Respond with what? You're not likely even on my continent, so this is quite a pipe dream.
>>
File: 1417385191419.jpg (51 KB, 624x448) Image search: [Google]
1417385191419.jpg
51 KB, 624x448
>>28586157
anything, kik, steam, email. i didnt say we were going to meet up and build empires, what's wrong with pipe dreaming together?
>>
File: 43737768.jpg (222 KB, 1920x615) Image search: [Google]
43737768.jpg
222 KB, 1920x615
sakhalin island, literally abandoned towns
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.