[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are most people shallow and materialistic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Why are most people shallow and materialistic?
>>
because it takes too much time to look in depth at every decision you make/every person you meet when you can learn everything you need to know at face value 90% of the time
>>
>>28583626
lts easier
>>
Because of capitalism, status anxiety and advertisement

Short: Jews
>>
>>28583704
This. I used to be a libertarian when I was younger but growing up and joining the working world really has given me plenty of crow to eat in regards to Marx being right.
>>
>>28583626
Spirituality leads to contemplation of the afterlife, the thought of eternal domination leads to existential terror. This is unpleasant. People don't like that so they don't do it.
>>
The opposite being lonely on r9k thinking of suicide 24/7?

We sure showed them.
>>
Modern life boring and safe.
In cave man days you would simply smash your rival with a club to demonstrate your high status now niggas buy phones and shit.
>>
File: Mad Rich.png (2 MB, 1216x872) Image search: [Google]
Mad Rich.png
2 MB, 1216x872
>>28583626
LMAO broke ass nigga detected, stay mad hoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG21b8Kx2DI
>>
File: wojak4.jpg (32 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
wojak4.jpg
32 KB, 500x313
>tfw no ascetic gf
>>
>>28583626
There's nothing else to do here
All other pursuits are either disbelieved and success is nigh unattainable, or ultimately lead to nothing at all
>>
>>28583626

Because being deep and edgy is no less artificially constructed than shallow materialism.

So, there you go. Everything is inherently meaningless so you may as well enjoy driving fast in your shiny sportscar and humping attractive women with the leftover part of your monkey brain.
>>
>>28584585
you have to understand that the average human is stupid
>>
>>28584585
>>28584608
uhh that came out wrong english is not my language disregard that
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.