[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else wished they had taken up a trade instead? I chose to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: mortician.jpg (43 KB, 620x378) Image search: [Google]
mortician.jpg
43 KB, 620x378
Who else wished they had taken up a trade instead? I chose to get educated cause I thought it was superior, and it would make me wealthier. Now I realize academics is a masturbation marathon, where you write "scientific articles" in various journals. And the only ones who read them are the 3-4 people in the world who has the same specialty. And they only do it to disprove you. If only I had taken up a trade. Anything, like a mortician or even a masseur. I'd start my own business and make lots of money.

Fuuuuck!
>>
It's still not too late to pick up a trade.
>>
>>28583069
Yeah, if you could do it before getting an education, why can't you now? If anything, you should be in a better position to start a business. Unless you live the USA and have 100k in student debt to pay off, in that case you're fucked.
>>
>>28583069
The damage is done though.
>>
>>28583047
>Now I realize academics is a masturbation marathon, where you write "scientific articles" in various journals
This. I'm in physics field but from my perspective all they do is write articles about things no one cares. It's better to get into trades but the thing is a lot of normies and bullies end up there. So, if you dont like to drink or are too intelligent, chances are you'll suffer there.
>>
File: 3e9.png (698 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
3e9.png
698 KB, 600x640
>Imagining all the money I could've made by now if I hadn't bought into the college meme
>>
>>28583047
>not realizing that a 'learning a trade' is a massive meme and hasn't been relevant for at least half a century now.
>>
>everything you do must result in material rewards!
I'm all for capitalism, but this shit is retarded.
>>
File: 1410473012812.png (223 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1410473012812.png
223 KB, 501x585
>>28583144
said the education jew while he basked in the money of student loans
>>
>>28583176
Sure thing you crypto-communist.
>>
>>28583183
>take out a fuck huge loan
>NEET for 5 years after graduating
>haven't paid back a penny

mr.shekelstein literally paid for my education. checkmate tradefags
>>
>>28583231
>>haven't paid back a penny
Uh you realize you WILL have to pay it back some day right? American student loans are literally impossible to get rid of.
>>
>>28583251
i'm in the UK m8. our loans get written off after 30 years. all i gotta do is be neet for a few more decades and i'm home and dry.
>>
File: secretive smile wojak.png (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
secretive smile wojak.png
30 KB, 400x400
>had a full scholarship just because my mom had been working at the university for a year or so
>normie classmates constantly complaining about tuition
>mfw
>>
Are there any interesting/more unusual trades? The main ones seem to be plumbers and electricians
>>
>>28583285
pest control is a good one here in the states, lots of regulations and shit but accordingly you can charge up the ass
>>
>>28583285
Welding and carpentry. But the people who work in those fields are almost always condescending douches with a few exceptions.
>>
>>28583272
I dont understand how can have the willpower to get a degree but are too lazy to get a job afterwards. This is really triggering to someone like me who has the hardest time getting a degree and just want to work.
>>
>>28583285

No need to be construction/house related.

Could be security guard, you get paid browsing imageboards at night. Or dog barber, people spend a lot of money getting their dogs washed and trimmed.
>>
>>28583331
aw sorry to hear that m8. if it makes you feel better i was shitposting the whole time (as in i made the whole thing up). I'm actually still at uni myself. Keep it up man, you'll get there.
>>
>>28583125
>implying academics aren't all bullies who hate the entire world for being stupid

But I see what you're getting at. Trade schools are completely lawless and an incubator for petty criminals just as much as for tradesmen where I live. Still, I think everyone who has a decent job has had to step over the corpses of the weaker and dumber than himself to get there, no matter the qualifications.
>>
>>28583397
Hey communist fuck. Charging any price is not a crime, you fucking economics illiterate. Stop ruining the west.
>>
am I baaaaaneed againa
>>
>>28583339
>security guard
I wouldn't have though this would be classed as trade work

>>28583501
No
>>
>>28583473
t. goldberg
Oregano
>>
>>28583047
>trade
>masseuse

You wanna masturbate truckers for a living?
>>
>>28583047

At least you have the option to change

>Be going blind
>Can't do trade jobs
>Can't work in labs
>Can't join military
>Can maybe work behind a checkout or in a shop or some other shit job if someone is kind enough to let me.

Ended up going with a subject that has zero chance to land me a job even if a do well in my degree, and I'm not out of sheer apathy for everything at this point.

When you realise that there's basically no way you'll ever be independent or be able to do the vast amount of jobs it wats away at your drive to do pretty much anything. In a way I already feel like I'm dying.
>>
I went into behavioral science, so you could have done worse. I am back in nursing school now. Had I just done this at 18 I'd be about $350k better off. That's assuming I kept it at the associates level. If I got a masters in nursing instead of STEMEME I'd be about the same amount ahead because of school costs and time not working but with a masters degree a nurse can average $160k.
>>
File: 1456555496445.jpg (18 KB, 293x219) Image search: [Google]
1456555496445.jpg
18 KB, 293x219
>>28583047
>mfw a solicitor
>>
>>28583753
>blind
I'd kill myself if I was blind
>>
>>28583838
your penis is blind, are you going to chop it off?
>>
>>28583838

I probably will one day
>>
Licensced funeral director/embalmer here. Ask anything.
>>
>>28583753
whats your degree matey?

>>28583913
How mate literally how?
>>
>>28583923
licking peniz is answer to both questions for both people
>>
>>28583923
Just go to a certified school for a year or so, take your national boards, and work as an apprentice for two years. Bam.
>>
>>28583787
I went to an english speaking medical school in eastern europe.

When I get back home, working two jobs in internal medicine I should be able to make abotu $500k yearly for a few years.
>>
I wish I had killed myself when I was in high school.
>>
>>28583973
no you don't because then you wouldn't be around to make that wish, rendering the very thought absurd.
>>
>>28583923

theatre studies

feel free to laugh, I know it's a ridiculous choice. But I wanted to become an actor and figured since there's basically no chance I'll ever have a career in a stable job anyway I might as well take a risk in something I enjoyed.
But apparently I'm not very good at analysing theatre, which is why I'm not doing so good.

I wanted to be in the Police Force or Military. Have a job that required discipline and hard work but not academic intelligence which is something I suspect I don't have.
>>
>tfw no job because quit my last one
>dropped out of college two years ago
>quality jobs blocked off because i self-medicate with marijuana to suppress the urge to end my life
>about to run out of weed
>savings just ran out last time i bought
>no idea what to do with my other than to get a job and try to get back into school
Man I sure do love being born into mental illness and slavery.
>>
>>28583877
I'd rather stay a virgin than fuck a deformed landwhale
>>
File: 1434313248230.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1434313248230.gif
410 KB, 221x196
>mfw just finishing my first year of myMarketing and Management degree
>don't even have the social skills and/or nepotism needed to do anything in business
>haven't made a genuine friend all year
>mfw my life is a plane that's crashing with no survivors
>>
File: 1462833243976.jpg (157 KB, 768x749) Image search: [Google]
1462833243976.jpg
157 KB, 768x749
>>28584359
Originalu
>>
>>28583958

Noice, do you plan on early retirement or just cutting back on the hours after you finish working a few years?

I wouldnt know what to do. On one hand 1.5m is enough for $60k/yr passively, but you could also just keep working and make more money than you could ever hope to spend and just blow it on jackass shit like a $6k/mo penthouse or pretty toy cars and boats.
>>
File: giphy.gif (491 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
491 KB, 256x192
>tfw military
>tfw will die for israel when ww3 happens but at least I don't have to pay student loans
>>
>>28585239
Most of the military isnt even combat arms.
Also depending on the branch and mos/rate what ev you can work on a degree and get preferred treatment if you go trade or gov route. Just dont be a doorkicker or cook and you just may get some valuable skills.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.