[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All I want is a simple manual labor job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 1440x1080
All I want is a simple manual labor job
>>
>>>/foxcon/
>>
>>28582583
sign up with a temp agency in your area. they dont care if you have work history, they dont care if you have a criminal record, they dont care if you sperg out at tthe interview. they make money pimping you out to other companies. apply on line they'll probably call you within the hour. can even set you up with transport sometimes.
you'll be working in a week guaranteed.
and then you will see that you dont really want a simple manual labor job.
>>
>>28582696
This.

Specially since summer around the corner. They'll love to stick you in a 53 foot trails with some bisa.
>>
You really don't. NEET life is superior in every way.
>>
I have this job and all my coworkers are annoying and dumb as bricks.
>>
>>28582583
no you dont. i work manual labor swing shift in a factory. the hours fucking suck, its ungodly hot in the summer, and the job is boring as shit.
>>
>>28582696
>>28582741
>>28582796
>>28583165

I too have worked shit-lifting work on multiple occasions, and I despise heat.

That said, there are advantages. If you're in a warehouse or on a spot in a line/crew or somesuch, you can frequently be alone with your thoughts. This is not an excuse to zone out, exactly, you need situational awareness so as not to injure yourself, depending on what you're doing of course. But once you have what you're doing down to a science, you can spend periods of the shift thinking about other things, amusing your brain in different ways. Annoying co-workers suck, but I kinda liked the conceit/idea that I was smarter than mine.

Also you're not sitting in an office with the real normies, that is, the turbo-normies who actually live in decent houses, dress well, have decent-looking gfs/bfs/spouses, and generally don't have tattoos (or if they do, they are on body parts that can be sensibly concealed in a professional environment), etc. In the latter environment, a robot will more acutely sense his own human inferiority, and this has the potential to be more psychologically unpleasant for him. A thread from a few weeks ago wrote rather eloquently on this facet of the world, I've had glimpses of it. Also a chad in this environment can more easily bully you into doing something that needs doing/doing something for him, and subsequently take credit for it somehow. Because the women in the office don't want to acknowledge Mortimer's contribution, much less Mortimer as a human being, of course.
>>
>>28584394
Not to mention that in a heavy lifting job you can build muscle pretty easily without having to make time to go to the gym.
>>
>>28584394

I would add to this that in the right forms of warehouse/manual labor/shit work, you also generally don't have to deal with customers, which is a huge plus. Actually dealing with the customer is, in my view, one of the least pleasant aspects of working in a (for-profit) business of any kind.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.