[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your hopes for the afterlife? What do you expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 815x1023) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 815x1023
What are your hopes for the afterlife? What do you expect?
>>
absolute nothingness sounds pretty dope.
I am so tired of life, I just want to take the ultimate slumber and feel rested for once.
>>
I just hope it exists and is a little pleasant. But I expect that there will be nothing, just like going to sleep and not ever waking up
>>
I hope it's nothing tbhfam
>>
>tfw in heaven
>tfw still a beta who can't enjoy others company
>tfw no more /r9k/ to keep me company
Wake me up.
>>
File: 1453984761548.jpg (99 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1453984761548.jpg
99 KB, 750x750
>>28581331
Afterlife will be exactly how you dream about it during life. So fire up that imagination, fags.

You will however not stay there for eternity, it is more like a transit station.
>>
>>28581452
I really hope this.
>>
>>28581469
No need for hope, anon, it is a sure thing. Don't underestimate your will, imagination and subconsciousness.
>>
File: Jhesuswhat.jpg (12 KB, 236x232) Image search: [Google]
Jhesuswhat.jpg
12 KB, 236x232
I kinda hope I can meet god and ask why exactly he felt like making me when I never achieved anything in life.
>>
>>28581382
you wouldnt feel rested tho cuz you wouldn't have any consciousness whatsoever.

But I think nothingness is great, when ppl say it scares them I dont get it. It's the ultimate goal. Buddha said ''end of suffering'' and nothingness is end of suffering.

GG
>>
>>28581571
>I made you as an example to others. A warning of what would happen if they too allowed themselves to turn to shit.
>>
>>28581331
I hope I'm allow to just disappear into nothingness. Happiness would be too foreign a concept for me to feel comfortable, let alone adequate, in a positive environment.
>>
>>28581452
so whats after that? After-after life?

In other news... I had a theory that we are all ded and this is afterlife.

Think about it - no one remembers being born, we just slowly come to realize we exist.
I also doubt death occurs for everyone, maybe it's all just a conspiracy.

I certainly dont feel getting older, no pussy life is keeping me youthful and I know Im not the only one tadadada and the rain will kill us all....
>>
>>28581580
feeling absolutely nothing sounds like being well rested to me
>>
There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you can't even comprehend it.
>>
>>28581643
but there is no YOU to feel the rested feels...

from your perspective it would go like this - no existing - born and suffer - no existing.

So basically eternal suffering since you cant measure or experience TIME if you are not conscious to do it.

And I dont even want to dabble in consciouss nothingness..
>>
>>28581627
It depends, anon.

If your... Well, for a lack of a better word "soul" have some issues still, you will be sent here again. Or to another plane (time) in which those issues can be solved the most efficient way.

Imagine it like a full circle with a smaller circles on the way. You have to "resolve" those.

After-life as we are talking about now is just to purify the soul of your previous personality and to prepare you for another round.
>>
>>28581681
yeah, again, not feeling anything for all eternity sounds very relaxing and nice
>>
>>28581331
I just hope it will be worth it, whatever it is. I don't believe in anything though.
>>
>>28581704
yup it does tbqh.

I wouldnt say no to few thousands virgin females 10/10, unlimited health and whey with a huge gym tho...
>>
>>28581452
>>28581627
>>28581702
So... Hinduism?
>>
Hope for the afterlife. huh. I presume it's like before you were born only eternal. I feel ashamed admitting it, people have got all kinds of comforting theories about it. People think eternal nonexistence is comforting in itself, even. It's not comforting for me, it's easy to swallow. I don't have to wrestle with what comes after death, I already """""know""""" it.
>>
>>28581914
Well not quite. But close enough I suppose.
>>
>>28581331
I hope agains hope that I'll be able to relive parts of my life and see if my choices could change anything.
>>
>He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

there are normalfags that actually try their hardest to twist its meaning and interpret this passage as a good thing
>>
>>28581914
https://youtu.be/3uFG6ve0elU?t=55s

why not.
>>
I expect time to pass infinitely fast, so that even if more years than I could type before breaking my keyboard pass, I won't notice a planck second of it and will instantly wake up again as one of my many new versions without remembering a thing. Just like I now don't remember anything from what came before, and before before. What I call "I" is pretty loose and meaningless, though.
>>
I'm a Hindu, a brahmin to be exact. The whole concept of life and afterlife in my religion is really beautiful, I gotta say.

(I suggest listening to the song itt https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EFS3T321VUY)

Anyone interested in hearing the concept?
>>
You don't do anything. You're dead. It's like a computer turning off. Find meaning in this life. Be happy to be alive. Your welcome for these important truths
>>
I mean, if I were being completely idealistic it'd be something akin to heaven where I could do whatever I want for eternity.

Realistically though the afterlife doesn't exist.
>>
>>28582146
I am interested in original hindu.
>>
It's probably going to suck, with my luck.

>life is cruel, why should the afterlife be any different?
>>
>>28582146
I'm interested in hearing it from a Hindu as opposed to religous studies teachers and wikipedia.
>>
>>28581452
Who told you this? It definitely sounds like the kind of belief people cling onto for comfort in the face of the unknown.
>>
>>28581331
Assuming the brain releases serotonin and melatonin upon death I expect it being an infinite trip through memories which is basically would basically be hell
>>
Being at last happy

Finally rest

Get to see my most beloveds: God, Virgin Mary, angels, saints and virgins
>>
Ive been scared of hell since I was like 4, its weird because I shouldn't of even know what hell was at that age. hell is the only reason I don't kill myself, I hope its not real
>>
File: 145567.png (81 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
145567.png
81 KB, 500x375
>>28581331
Wait guys, didn't we experience afterlife before we were born ?

It's pretty much the same isn't it ?
>>
have a laugh with the lads to be honest
>>
>>28587276
Yeah, I think the best way to explain what it feels like to be dead is to ask what it felt like before being born.
>>
File: neurons.jpg (34 KB, 420x196) Image search: [Google]
neurons.jpg
34 KB, 420x196
>>28581331
Theres literally NOTHING. You'll die and thats that, your memories define you as human being and not some "soul" and that too expires when you die.
>>
I think death is extremely scary, it is not like I cling to life but eternal nothingness just freaks me out
Inshallah afterlife exists, no matter how horrible it might be
>>
>>28581331

Wake up and live in my 20s forever in a perfect infinite universe
>>
>>28581934
What this anon said

Eternal peace
>>
>>28581331
The exact same thing all over again.

not really >tfw not ubermensch
>>
I envision it as becoming one with everything, being absorbed in what many of us ultimately call God. No need to see or feel or do anything, ad we percieve anything at the same time.
>>
>>28581571
When everyone's super, no one is
>>
You'll just replay your exact same life over and over again
>>
Life is a waterfall,
We're one in the river,
And one again after the fall
>>
>>28581331
An explanation for all of this that isn't retarded

More bullshit
>>
>>28581997
>tfw I hate my life
So I'll have to go on forever?
>>
File: 1456426830140.jpg (207 KB, 1600x974) Image search: [Google]
1456426830140.jpg
207 KB, 1600x974
There is no afterlife robots.

You will be reborn. You know nothing from your former life, you will reborn out of time and space.

You will either be a nigger in a cave 200000 years ago or an astronigger 200000 years from now.

Ho knows.

If you really want an afterlife you have to get rid of your ego and everything you ever wanted, and ever will want, and you can ascend into the universe and will be an part of it.
>>
Anyone else really hope there isn't a hell

I've seen some shit in Buddhist depictions of hell e.g.
>>
>>28590952
Of course everybody hopes there is no hell. Nobody wants there to even be a chance that they might have to suffer eternal torment.
>>
I hope to fuck a harem of busty ghost bitches
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.