[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>How was work, anon? Why the fuck does anyone say this? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1462905132278.jpg (111 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1462905132278.jpg
111 KB, 1252x1252
>How was work, anon?
Why the fuck does anyone say this? How do you think it was, how do you think 9 hours at the grocery store was?
>>
>>28578696
its just a greeting man dont get so hung up on it
>>
>>28578696
>actually thinking they genuinely want to know

It's a way of saying hi, all you need to do is say"fine" or "good".
>>
File: sofuckingmad.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
sofuckingmad.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>28578696
I'm a grocery store stocker

I do the same shit every day, exact same shit over and over

never have an answer for this question either anon

>>28579217
STFU bitch you don't know what it's like
>>
>>28578696

Wow man. It's a greeting which expresses interest in you be cause they care enough to ask. You should be greatful
>>
just got home from 10 hours of stacking shelves after 11 yesterday, just signed away 29 hours of my life a week with a new contract

Kill me I just want to be a neet
>>
>How was work?
>well a clearly at odds couple came in with their shithead kid and he vomitted on the floor, so average.

Funny shit happens every day at every job, you're just too boring to think about saying it.
>>
>>28579277
I always just shrug or say something like "I don't know". I really just wanna tell them to fuck off and never bring up work when I'm at home again. I don't care if it's some normie greeting, it's stupid. How about asking how my collection of rare anime figures is going, or what shows I'm watching, or what my political stance is on the rights of women, but no instead just remind me I'm a pathetic wagecuck.
>>
File: 1446718582195.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1446718582195.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>28578696
How was work, OP?
>>
>>28578696
I usually just say something like "oh the usual". I work in a cubicle though so nothing interesting happens. Honestly this is a real prison. You sit all day in a box staring at a computer.

>>28579316
When I used to stock groceries we had interesting stuff happen sometimes, but that's because I worked at Walmart and you would get a lot of characters coming in. Used to have a drunk guy who would always come in on Thursday nights looking for rice dishes like quinoa and tabbouleh. He couldn't pronounce any of that shit to save his life kek.
>>
>>28579438
>Funny shit happens every day at every job
Maybe if you work in customer service cuck jobs.
At my job nothing funny ever happens. You just work.
>>
File: 1444896587440.jpg (44 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1444896587440.jpg
44 KB, 854x480
What is the comfiest minimum wage or near minimum wage job?

I know somebody who works at the library. You can't be a librarian because you need the degree for it but he's a 'bookkeeper' aka puts books away all day and occasionally checks people out. It's slow enough that he makes $8 an hour reading and listening to music all day
>>
>>28579461
>mornin david, what's your political stance on the rights of women?
>oh you know, the usual
>>
>>28579625
any job in the middle of nowhere with hardly any customers. comfy.
>>
>>28578696
idk dude. I work at a grocery store too and i have fun. love the people i work with.
>>
>>28579513
What do you actually do anon? Also, do you chill for most of the day? I'm doing CS right now so I may end up in a place like that at some point.
>>
Michael is that you brah? Publix?
>>
>>28579745
I'm a data analyst. Most of what I do is data mining and querying. Basically just sitting in a desk writing code and also doing some reporting for my department. I mostly just zone out and listen to music while I work.

It beats stocking shelves kind of. I make more money but sometimes I miss that feeling of being dead tired after work and just sitting back and relaxing.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.