[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcholism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: booze.jpg (14 KB, 325x250) Image search: [Google]
booze.jpg
14 KB, 325x250
Quit drinking and get a rotisserie chicken and fries delivered

or

Go buy more booze and buy some pizza and chicken wings?
>>
>>28578019
Depends. How big of a drinker are you? Do you consider yourself an alcoholic? Is drinking having visible effects on your life?
>>
>>28578019

oooooooh my god this sounds so good

fuck it OP, get the damn chicken wings and pizza with booze

i wish i had chicken wings right now, I'm high
>>
>>28578056
>How big of a drinker are you?
8 - 10 bottles and a case of beer in the last two weeks.

>Do you consider yourself an alcoholic?
Yes, no denying it.

>Is drinking having visible effects on your life?
Nope. High functioning alcoholic. The only visible effect has been weight gain. Also prevents me from doing anything to improve my disappointing life but that's not exactly visible.
>>
>>28578019

Whatcha drinkin OP?

Don't drive Le Drunk btw
>>
>>28578081
You sound like me. It's good to take a break at least once in a while. Though I'm most likely much older than you, and over the years I have noticed that excessive drinking has had an effect on my health. Not in a good way. I'm 7 days sober now, and it took me 3-4 days of being sober until I could sleep well and not feel like shit in general.
>>
>>28578082
It's been a finishing off day.

6 Becks, last bit of Turkey with some coke zero, last bit of Gordons with tonic water and now finishing off a bottle of Riesling that was in the fridge. After this glass I'm out.
>>
>>28578105
How old are you? I'm 31.
>>
>>28578119
I'm 36. It's only in the last year or so that I've noticed things going downhill. Before that, even though I was drinking excessively most days, at most I only had a slight hangover in the mornings, and after 2 days of being sober felt 100% back in shape. Not so anymore. Now it seems I need 1 week of being sober to get back into shape.
>>
>>28578131
I'm sure I'll end up in that manner if I continue. I keep telling myself I'll quit but I want to go out with a bang. No idea if that makes sense. It's 8:43 PM on Sunday here and the night seems so far away from over. So tempted to buy more booze but I guess it's really a deadly cycle. If I buy another bottle now I probably won't get through it before I have to go to bed to ensure I can get up for work. I'll tell myself tomorrow I need to finish the leftovers and just that. Then I'll be buzzed and hungry for more once that's gone and want to buy more and etc. etc.

I really shouldn't buy any more but I just want it and my life is fucking garbage and not getting any better.
>>
/weedaddict/ here

sometimes i think about how my health has been affected by my heavy cannabis use, then i read a thread like this and realize how much worse it could be
>>
>>28578177
Hang in there, bro. I know what it's like. I was in the same situation as you, and in a way still am. Maybe one good thing about aging is that I notice I also get hangovers and feel like shit much easier than before. This means that after a night of excessive drinking I'm not so likely to continue ad infinitum. It's like my body is stepping up and telling me to cut it out.

I hope I can find a gf again soon. The last time I had a gf, I seriously drank a lot less, because I didn't feel the need to, I just spent time with her. After we broke up, I started drinking again.
>>
>>28578225
My body telling me to stop with horrible hangovers would probably be welcome. However it's pretty rare for me to feel shit the next day.
>>
>>28578131
>>28578177
what are you doing to relieve boredom? I hit the weed pretty hard after quitting alcohol
>>
>>28578248
Alcohol. That's why I'm an alcoholic. I'm lonely and bored. When I had a gf, she was my boredom relief so I didn't need to drink.

I know I have an addictive personality. So I've been trying to steer my addiction from alcohol back into vidya and animu. When I was younger and couldn't afford much alcohol, I was an addict to vidya and animu. It's a healthier addiction at least.
>>
>>28578248
>what are you doing to relieve boredom?

Nothing. Probably the driving force behind my alcohlism. Literally all I do in my free time is get drunk and shitpost on 4chan with the tv on in the background, generally on comfy/unchallenging sitcoms or movies I've seen before countless times.
>>
The more i go to university the more i seem to drink, during the breaks i go down to 5 standards a day, at hight of uni i go to 12-15

What kind of damage am i doing to my liver?
>>
Chicken and fries. Then go to bed early so you're not up late thinking about booze.
>>
>>28578248
I got into day trading but its pretty shit desu you loose a lot and your not social. Alcohol is god tier I miss it. ATM I'm three weeks clear and it sucks major fedora testicles. My life isn't better at all I'm just sober with the same stupid fucking problems as opposed to drunk with the same stupid fucking problems. I'm masturbate all the time and live in hate. That said I do feel healthier and I have more money.
>>
I ordered the chicken.

Figured I'll eat myself until I'm too full to wants anything more.

Really wish I had one more drink to carry me through until the food arrives.
>>
>>28578403
Any particular reason why you drink?

For me its just to alleviate boredom and stress from my degree.
>>
>>28578440
Boredom and depression.

Helps me get through boredom and forget my depression.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.