[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we eradicate depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: roundtable.jpg (98 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
roundtable.jpg
98 KB, 640x427
How do we eradicate depression
>>
>>28573339
Find meaning in your life.

Take something you enjoy and make it your living.
>>
>>28573339

Wipe out the internet entirely and go back to the way things were before it existed.
>>
gib gf and tendies. Literally solved 90% of this board's problems.
>>
>>28573353
>Take something you enjoy
I only enjoy video games
>>
>>28573422
Learn to program or get into the art side of things.
>>
With suicide

Origirino
>>
>>28573339
you cant eradicate something that doesnt exist
>>
Quetia Pine
>>
Depression is a human sickness. It won't be gone till humans are.
>>
>>28573491
I'm a software engineer and do graphics design on the side for fun. Doesn't help > tfw no gf
>>
>>28573339
Depression is literally just people with low IQs reflecting on their shit life tbhq fampie.
>>
>>28574021

Depression can also result from chemical imbalances in the brain you troglodyte.
>>
Make waifus reaI
>>
>>28573339
There is only meaning to be found in God. Depression can only be stopped by theosis, which, in turn, can only be accomplished through union with the Lord, Christ.
>>
>>28574113

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is why religion exists
>>
>>28574090
>being this ignorant of phil mind
>>
We can supress traits wich could increase your chances to become depressed or traits that genetically structure your brain to be in some way (example: "you have the temper of the -family male line surname- 's").

So at least we could change some internal and inherent factors to make life a little more tolerable and be more positive towards the world whims
>>
Basic citizenship income that allows you to pay for rent, food, minimal entertainment and alcohol (reduced alcohol tax for non-workers).
>>
>>28574371
Is that why the Nordic and Benelux countries have such high suicide rates?
>>
People need a sense of purpose and fulfillment.

Obviously there isn't a one size fits all solution for that.
>>
>>28573339

eliminate social media
>>
Depression is largely genetic, euthanize the depressed so they're the last medically miserable generation.
>>
File: 1445677513853.png (42 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
1445677513853.png
42 KB, 500x286
ssris
anime

desu we should just reroute our government welfare budget to these
>>
File: N5Ijn0Q.gif (573 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
N5Ijn0Q.gif
573 KB, 500x273
>>28573339
>destigmatize suicide
>all the depressed people kill themselves
>everyone who's still alive is immune to depression
>eventually all the depression genes get wiped out do to only non-depressed people living and breeding
>do the evolution baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI
>>
Develop sense of unconditional self love and internal locus of self esteem, practice real Indian spiritual yoga and meditation, eat healthy non GMO food, breathe deeply, spend more time outside, break any substance or behavioural addictions.

Depressed people, when is the last time you actually breathed so deep your belly expanded a few inched forward and your chest rose a few inches? Even long before I did yoga, I noticed when I quit fapping the breathing would get naturally deep and strong after 3 weeks and would consists more of full breaths int he belly rather than the shallow breaths in your upper chest. I suspect that most depressed people breathe very shallowly in their upper chest./
>>
>how do we eradicate mental illness

kek. also a bunch of people ITT projecting
>>
>>28574383

I'm on your side, but i think it's because it's cold as fuck there
>>
File: 1410653762324s.jpg (8 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
1410653762324s.jpg
8 KB, 250x243
give me money to buy drugs! it's really easy.
>>
>>28573339
You don't, any more than you eradicate happiness. It's a part of life. If you mean clinical depression, though, the funding of mental health services would surely go a long way. As would a de-stigmatizing of mental health conditions and mental health care in the popular view.
>>
>>28574598
It's not cold as fuck in the Benelux countries.
>>
File: GTFO Normie.png (556 KB, 1000x1210) Image search: [Google]
GTFO Normie.png
556 KB, 1000x1210
>>28574625
>depression is a part of life
>unless you mean real depression, then here's my answer
>>
>>28573339

>make Drugs (cannabis, psychedelics, MDMA therapy)

legal and widely available to all people
>>
>>28574555
It ain't evolution if it's a human hand guiding it. Depressed people are potentially useful. They're used to coping with a shitty life so when times are actually tough they do better. Abraham Lincoln is an example of this: he was pretty clearly clinically depressed, but his outlook helped him to lead the nation through a grueling civil war that claimed 620,000 lives.

>>28574688
Depression is just an emotional state. It's an important distinction, because some people get the idea that they should be happy all of the time and never go through periods of sadness, which is wrong.
>>
get high

/thread
>>
File: 1459798179409.jpg (291 KB, 1379x591) Image search: [Google]
1459798179409.jpg
291 KB, 1379x591
>>28573339

Omega-3

...Mmmagnesium
>>
>>28574619
Drugs are indeed the solution to all problems! As an anon said yesterday: You are no longer depressed, you have become one with depression!
>>
>>28573339
deprssion spelled backwards is nossioped which is sanskrit for unhappy reality which means the only way to not be depressed is do the opposite of this because it's backwards so lie to yourself all the time and lie for your ego and say the chick rejected you because she thinks you'd be the only person to fix her from this cruel world but she's gotten used to the cold and hates change
>>
>>28574800
This. Taking my daily magnesium made me realize that I never had anxiety in the first place. Used to get random heartrate spikes (it'd fucking race past 160bpm at rest, had it measured at the ER even) for no reason and taking magnesium put an end to that. I took benzos and all sorts of psychiatric shit which did fucking nothing.
>>
>>28573374
oh so you've only been bullied on the internet?
See >>28574978 for dealing with the truth you toot
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.