[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here tries to use dating websites? It the only way i can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: OkCupid_Logo_1.jpg (28 KB, 310x206) Image search: [Google]
OkCupid_Logo_1.jpg
28 KB, 310x206
who here tries to use dating websites? It the only way i can even attempt to reach out to the opposite sex but its useless.
>>
>>28573190
people pay into this horseshit
>>
>>28573281
I dont pay, doesnt have many benefits other than seeing who likes you
>>
>>28573190
I've never made a profile on a dating website without being able to find regular sex within a month. It's so easy. Just make sure you focus on women in your league or lower if you actually want any real success.
>>
>>28573446
I dont want sex, i want a relationship.
>>
>>28573446
I'm convinced guys like this are a meme saying it for attention or a shill for those sites.

Go ahead and bring on the hate about how much I suck and it's my fault for failing at dating. Maybe hit me with some self improvement memes.
>>
File: image.png (77 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77 KB, 640x1136
>>28573190
>asking me to pay for more views

Depending on what you're looking for, here's the breakdowns based on my experience in online dating since June:

Tinder
>meant for hookups
>low quality users
>most popular
>no descriptive profile or search criteria
>socially acceptable to have an account
>can use key features without membership

Plenty of fish (best imo)
>meant for relationships and some hookups
>mid to high quality users
>fairly popular
>extremely detailed profiles and search criteria
>a little embarrassing to own
>with membership you'll get helpful tools

OKC
>meant for relationships
>mid quality users
>people of any age can search and contact you which gets extremely creepy (38 year old man from India messaging me and etc)
>the most detailed search criteria and personality quiz for matching compatibility
>embarrassing to own
>without a membership it's shit but still useful

Match.com
>for marriage
>shitty website that I lost interest of after a few days
>super ultra embarrassing to own
>can't even get messages without membership 0/10
>>
File: 1462718078188.jpg (21 KB, 177x300) Image search: [Google]
1462718078188.jpg
21 KB, 177x300
>>28573446
>just make sure you focus on women in your league
considering leagues are complete bs what does this mean you do, do you want sex that badly you seek out mediocre slightly ugly women just to fuck?

"oboyoboyoboy imma gobble me some uglies today" this is so stupid. i saw an overweight, balding man with an 8/10 out in public today, and in just one look i could tell they were tight and had been dating a long time. no one is "out of your league", you just get lucky.

sex with someone you're settling for and unattracted to is dull and lifeless. how fixated can you be about flesh to go through the massive chore of talking to these random women and taking them out? what a C H O R E.
>>
>>28573608
POF seems to be lower class user base in my country, a lot of bogans. OKC has the best user base, but the user base it does have is incredibly tiny and generally out of my league.

But shit, at least you americans dont have to deal with the shit show that is nzdating.com
>>
>>28573698
Aussie or New Zealander? I banged one of your grills. She wad 2 cute 4 me
>>
>>28573698
Lot of fat single moms on pof in my area. Okc is better but I get no replies on either. Really if you have any success on these things you're not a robot and should leave immediately. Especially you >>28573608
>>
>>28573757
I did say nz dating dude.

>>28573801
grtting likes isnt exactly hard, a lot indians looking to marry into the country.
>>
>Message qt
>Nothing happens

>Message qt
>Views profile
>Doesn't respond

>Message qt
>Views profile and responds
>Convo Dies/They vanish when asking to hang/for a number

So, I look decent enough, but something's wrong with me
>>
Met my gf on /soc/. Would recommend. Strangely enough shes a virgin with conservative values.
>>
>>28573190
I used okcupid and met my ex on there and my current gf (now fiance)

it takes a lot of time but you gotta keep at it. Persistence is the key. IMO out of all dating sites, okcupid seems to be the best. At least you can sit back and make yourself sound better than IRL.

If you are having trouble making a profile, look at other peoples who you think would get lots of replies and form yours off theirs.
>>
>>28573652
as someone who is

>5'4
>22 years old
>fat

and has a what i'd consider by general standards to be a 10/10 gf i agree that "leagues" are a load of crap. I got lucky and if i can do it other people can too.
>>
>>28573985
you weren't rich enough
>>
>>28574087
Ive been on it for three years. I even deleted my old one and made a new one. I cycle through and revamp my profile every five months.

the only thing i could do differently is my pictures, but i dont have anyone to take them for me because i have no friends.
>>
>>28573998

What kind of thread was it? How long have you been together? Are you white?
>>
>made an okc account a couple years back
>Would check it daily
>All the same recycled bitches keep popping up in the list
>Any half decent girl hasn't logged into her account in 3 months
>1 out of every 10 girls might actually respond to a message
>End up deleting account

>Fast forward to a couple weeks ago
>Make a new account
>Every girl on the list is a whale

Nothing good for 50 miles.
>>
I gave it a try before. Went to see what type of girls on there and to find any virgins but I don't stand a chance so I stopped. Weirdest thing I saw was some girl in her mid 20s complaining about virgin guys being hard to find and specifically looking for one, and when I checked out her questions
>No sex until marriage
>But I'm not a virgin because I've done things before
>>
anyone here game enough for LDR?

Its hard work but if you find the right person its certainly worthwhile.

>tfw when you get off the plane and meet her for the first time in person

my god i'll never forget that feel ever. It was simply amazing to see the woman i loved for the first time in person.

>inb4 they are probs fucking behind your back

yeah if you are stupid enough to date an american or some BS like that, try a qt from SEA providing you can prove they arnt gonna scam your ass then you are good to go.
>>
File: okc5.png (92 KB, 1225x734) Image search: [Google]
okc5.png
92 KB, 1225x734
I had better luck with POF than OKC and I still never went on a single date. I'm not hot but I'm not ugly. I'm not "successful" but I'm not a total loser either. I don't know what to make of it, and I know that just in posting this somebody is going to accuse me of having a repulsive personality or something like that but I don't buy it. I think some people are good at online dating and most guys aren't.

I have a friend IRL who is ugly as sin and a stick-thin stereotypical nerd who obsesses over Marvel comics. He got a gf on OKCupid. I can get replies if I send out a lot of messages but then it just feels desperate. If I find a girl who by the description and pictures I actually like and I message her, she's almost guaranteed not to respond at all. If she does, I might get a message or two out of her regardless of what I say.

I think that in theory it could be a lot better, but for me online dating has proven to be absolutely useless.

here are my "stats" if you want to lambast me over something
>6'0
>22 years old
>$30,000/year warehouse work
>CS major
>>
File: __strawberry_1276159569.gif (26 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
__strawberry_1276159569.gif
26 KB, 600x400
>>28573190
I tried okc years and years ago. There were dates, but nothing serious. Let's see, I met a dyke sailor, a down-low mathemagician, an unassuming robot from Long Island and others. Lots of interesting people. But no one weird enough for me.

Nothing but creepers from craigslist. A few geriatric christards who wanted to gay marry me. They can be very flattering and old fashioned, but no.
>>
>>28573190
i only use tinder, im too afraid for dating profiles since you can be found on there, tinder is just momentarely and its way easier and more casual

>>28573479
sex is part of a healthy relationship
>>
>>28574552
>im actually 17

im always afraid for this shit

why do so many women lie about their age so they can be on 18+ shit like tinder?

whos fault is it if they dont tell the truth and you engage into a relationship with them?
>>
>>28574941
>sex is part of a healthy relationship
No shit, and I want a relationship, not casual sex like them.

Tinder is only for hookups, people that use it for dating are deluding themselves.
>>
>>28575187

like me

i let myself get hurt, through tinder

im a retard but its the only way how i meet new women

>inb4 just b urself go out meme
>>
>>28575214
>start with casual sex and movies
>start to feel in live
>"hurr durr you want it too serious im sorry but i better say it now than later goodbye"
>le me sad face
>>
>>28573190
I used okcupid last year for a while. Got a few dates out of it and a few girls I'd text, flirt with trade dirty pics with. I also got a fuckbuddy/gf out of it. Feeling nostalgic, so here's hue story.

>date girl for one month
>break up with her for whatever reason
>decide to get back together after a couple weeks because we really enjoyed the sex
>over the course of 6 months things go from just sex to a really serious relationship
>for the most part she's a catch
>smart, funny, good taste in music and movies, well read, into really rough violent sex and being dominated/humiliated catering exclusively to my whims and desires, good conversationalist, made good pancakes
>got to the point where she was planning to move In with me
>one day ex fiance calls me up and asks to meet up
>she wants to get back together
>fuck current gf one more time: as rough and degrading as I can make it
>next night ex comes over
>make her dinner, accept her apologies, admit mutual love, sex all night, falls asleep in my arms
>break up with okc girl next day, drop off her stuff a few days later
>date ex again
>everything is perfect
>getting married In a year
>never hear from okc girl again, except for like a week last October
>she texts me telling me I'll never do better than her, I'm horrible for breaking her heart, it was hell losing me as a best friend, lover, etc.. and fuck me me for going back with my ratchet ass ex, go to hell
>>
I made one and was moderately successful. Not romantically, of course, but I managed to make one real friend there. Things would never work out between us because she doesn't share my crippling fear of actually doing things. In fact, she's a successful artist who travels and does commissions at anime conventions.

I ended up deleting my profile when someone posted it on this site in the context of "cheer up anon, at least you'll never be as awful as this faggot." It hurt pretty badly.
>>
>>28575265
in love*

jesus i cant do anything fucking right
>>
OKC Is trash if you look even slightly under 25 years old.
>>
>>28575268
to be honest you sound like a horrible emotionless person

i wish i could be as rude and egocentric as you, but i care too much, even about the people that hurt me
>>
>>28575276
>Successful artist
>commissions at an anime convention

Ok
>>
>>28575330
She makes enough money to travel. In my book, that's successful. I mean, how many people here can say they actually make money from drawing stuff?
>>
>>28573190
I'm on Tinder. Match frequency is really low, message back frequency even lower. A lot of attractive girls, many are students, foreign, in business, healthcare or IT.

I'm 31 and am looking for someone around 25, maybe my standards are too high. I want to date and have fun, not marry and make babies.

I'm very seriously considering making a fake female account just to check out my competition and tailor my profile to that. I'm firing blind as it is now. I'm in a very competitive region so girls can be extremely picky.

Haven't been on any dates.
>>
>>28574941
People will find you on Tinder. I've seen tons of colleagues. You can't search for them but they will show up.
>>
>talking with girl on tinder
>seems to be going alright
>try to get a number or meet up
>she stop replying
I know it's how the app works, but god damn it sucks
>>
>>28575437
yeah but i mean just a momentarely pic of me being on tinder is different than forever a public able to google profile on OKC
>>
I make fake profiles with the best looking guys I could find and they still never got many responses from women on okcupid.

Even fat girls were mean to them.
>>
>>28575310

From that snapshot of that timeframe, I'd agree. What you didn't see was my being a complete emotional wreck and my slow but steady descent in alcoholism and other self destructive behavior as a result of not being with the ex (cliche, I know). Okc girl was wonderful in some ways, and I do feel bad about how things ended, but she wasn't good for me, or as good as I deluded myself into thinking she was. She betrayed things I told her confidence, enabled my drinking, and in general was lazy and lacked any ambition in her. Our relationship was doomed anyway, that thing with my ex was the push I needed.

We all have regrets.
>>
>>28575470
Yeah, even chads have to try hard in internet dating because women are so spoiled online.
>>
Created an online dating profile with a 7/10 girl and got 17 messages on the first day.

What the fuck
>>
>>28575520
You're surprised by that?
>>
>>28575520
only 17?
>>
>>28575520
>tfw only get messages from indians or guys saying nice tits
dont know why robots want to be a girl on online dating websites
>>
>>28575540
>>28575544

I knew it'd be higher than what men get, such as my profile - but not by that much. I get maybe a message every 3 days - and from a girl I find attractive maybe once a fortnight. 17 a day is insane. 98 views, too. 28 favourites. That's probably more than my entire history on the site.

It's so easy for women.
>>
>>28575583
Men are more proactive. I actually wonder how many girls browse through the catalog.
>>
>>28575298
No unless you're a really attractive and good bullshitter females just go on there to have orbiters. It's simply seems like a waste of time to even try using those sites. Put yourself in a girls shoes and imagine you sign up, guys are coming non stop to talk at you from a simply hi to a long worded message, it's like having your own little theater seat and a bunch of chumps just keep walking up to try and entertain you and give you a good time.
Fucking doesn't matter what kind of man you are you're disposable trash to them.
>>
>>28574955
everything is always your fault for being male
>>
>>28575559
>dont know why robots want to be a girl on online dating websites

Because to men a woman messaging us saying "you're hot as fuck" or "nice ass" or something would make us feel good. We don't understand why women don't enjoy that.
>>
>>28575659
When I made a fake female profile I got messages from ripped chads asking to fuck and I got messages from average guys who were just genuinely interested in talking or dating.

And yet every day I see girls complaining about how online dating sucks for them and there's nobody good on there. They have the full gamut of men who exist to choose from. I literally cannot imagine what they're looking for if these guys aren't enough.
>>
>>28575804
its simple

if you have everything and can have everyone you feel like you have nothing
>>
>>28575804
They want the thoughtful messages they're getting from the average looking guys, but from the ripped chads.
>>
I don' t have any personal experience with online dating, but one of my relatives created an e-harmony profile (late 20s, male, overweight). I don't know how many women he's messaged now, but the last time I asked (about a week after he created the profile), it was around 30 with little to no response.

With e-harmony, they have a system where you send template questions back and forth before you interact freely with text (it's optional, but my relative uses it). He spent about a week going back and forth with a woman he was particularly interested in, but when it finally came to the free discussion portion, she never responded and blocked him. He was extremely dejected for a few days before he got over it, and now I think he's just given up due to that experience.

He also had to pay extortionate fees so that he could view images on other peoples' profiles.

Unless you're attractive enough to have success finding women/dating in the real world, online dating is probably a waste of time.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.