[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do normies like to shit on the zombie genre so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: dawn-of-the-dead-still.jpg (474 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dawn-of-the-dead-still.jpg
474 KB, 1280x720
Why the fuck do normies like to shit on the zombie genre so much? Sure there are shitty movies and games but every other genre has shitty titles. Sure there are cringey fans but that doesnt make the art bad. If a cringey person ate a sandwich would you not eat sandwiches anymore? I feel like we are due for another good zombie film/game but the people who shit on them are turning artists away.
>>
>>28572922
Are you serious?

Normies absolutely love zombie garbage, look at The Walking Dead, CoD zombies, and the shitty Resident Evil movies.

It's one of their favorite things
>>
It's "old hat"
like >>28573131 said it WAS the big new thing about five years ago, but because normies don't actually have opinions and just randomly like new fads, they become very fickle towards fads of old.
>>
>>28573131

Yeah I still see normies liking zombies. You gotta think about the normie mentality too, they like their horror movies because those are directed at teenagers, which is their maturity level, to be movies you're not even really supposed to pay attention too. Just react too with other people.
>>
>>28572922
There's just so damn much of that schlock. It's the flavor of the month so that's what the entertainment industry is cranking out. When interest dies down people can go back to making decent zombie games/movies and be taken seriously.
>>
>>28574950

Hell there is a weird psychology behind it. You ever run into those metal-head type normies who WANT a zombie outbreak? The whole zombie genre gives people an excuse to brainless kill humans, they're zombies not humans remember? There is something about it, the whole "us vs them and their automatically bad no matter what" that applies to the normies. They just project themselves as the cunning survivors when most of them would be zombies.
>>
>>28572922
>>28573131
>>28574405
>>28574440
Normies actually dont like watching zombies in particular. They will watch any subgenre of horror as long as its amusing to them, they dont hold specific taste.

>tfw was never scared of the bread and butter horror movies with ghosts
>tfw was never scared of too much blood or gore in movies
>tfw was scared shitless of zombies because when i was 8, uncle showed me the night of the living dead
>tfw was scared of zombies until 9th grade, slept with parents and was afraid of zombies bursting in at night (just like the movie)
>>
>>28572922
>I feel like we are due for another good zombie film
will never happen, there hasn't been a good zombie flick in 30 years
>>
I swear I saw this exact same thread years ago.
>>
>>28572922
Because there was a 5 year period where EVERYTHING was zombies. The fad got really annoying, and despite it ending the stigma remains.
>>
>>28575406
I personally want a zombie outbreak because then I would not need to get a job to survive and I could just rape women without consequences instead of never getting any because I am undesirable to women.

Freedom to explore and adventure
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.