[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand how some of you don't have girlfriends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: turndownfor.png (242 KB, 315x520) Image search: [Google]
turndownfor.png
242 KB, 315x520
I don't understand how some of you don't have girlfriends (those of you who want them, I mean).

I could probably fit in on this board. If you saw me walking down the road you'd probably think I was a NEET. I'm not going to claim I'm confident or have charisma, because I don't, I'm horribly depressed and have the self confidence of a walnut. I'm an overweight balding white guy, about average height. I've been clinically diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, but it's relatively mild so long as I don't take drugs or stress out too much. I'm 26 and I make $14/hr in retail. I don't think I would fall into the category of "alpha fux" or "beta bux" desu.

I've been in a serious relationship with an attractive woman for about three years. I have a good circle of guys from school, and I hang out with my coworkers sometimes. I'm on good terms with most of the people I meet, and my parents and boss respect me. Most of my coworkers are like me, guys and girls in our late 20s. Most of us are awkward, pretty unfortunate looking people, and we all live decently happy lives with partners and families.

I feel like if I can do the whole normal life thing, anyone can.
>>
>>28571656
You are a Normie you dumb fuck
>>
>tfw no qt mullet gf
>>
>>28571777
>nice trips

I'm just posting because I've seen so many people on this board who are infinitely more attractive than I am complaining about their lack of partner.

The only people I know in real life who are straight up kissless virgins are guys with glaring defects, who refuse to date anyone who isn't a blonde volleyball playing supermodel. Even those guys get asked out from time to time, they usually just turn the girl down.
>>
What you don't get is that people in your social class are WAY less hypergamous than the average college student, and most people on /r9k/ are 17~21 year old middle class/upper middle class college students. They never got to see what real humans are like outside of their sheltered yuppie bubble and have always been taught to disconsider the average working class plebeian as barely even human, animals with barely anything in common with themselves.
>>
>>28572211
OP here, I graduated from college a year or so ago and I don't remember it being like that, but it's possible. I wasn't friends with a lot of people like that.

All good points though, thanks for the perspective.
>>
>>28571656
Is she a virgin? If I just wanted a hot gf that would be easy. The problem is finding a decent looking virgin with a matching personality and good values.
>>
>>28572211
Stop talking out of your ass my man.
>>
>>28572267
No, but neither was I when we met; I fooled around a lot in college. We have really similar ideas about sex and gender roles and that's good enough for me. I didn't grow up religious so being a virgin doesn't hold a lot of significance to me.
>>
>I feel like if I can do the whole normal life thing, anyone can.
So does Chad. So does everyone "normal".
In here you have a shitload of people who CAN'T for the love of their life interact with other people properly. It's not about what you are or who you are. You just can or can't. You can. Robots can't. Why is that so hard to understand?
Maybe cause you're just a normie who isn't used to questioning anything.
>>
>>28571656
You have decent social skills, and your mental illness is probably non-existent if its that mild. Most of us here can't talk to women, don't relate. Maybe with a lot of practice, but that isn't happening. Idk what happened but you are lucky, and not the norm. I am a legit sperg, I have to move my facial muscles on manual to fake it. If I forget to do that my face doesn't move when I talk, I never smile, etc.
>>
>>28571656
What is the point of making this thread? Telling us it's our fault we're lonely and unwanted? If you're not going to tell us how to change for the better, than fuck off because all you're doing is bragging about your normal life.
>>
>>28571656
It's because you're a fucking normie. Despite all your alleged obstacles, socializing and being extroverted comes naturally to you. You probably never spent a lot of time by yourself watching anime or thinking about philosophy or doing anything that the easily manipulated masses would consider 'weird'. Congratulations, you don't belong here, good bye.
>>
>>28572565
>fooled around a lot in college
>not confident
>depressed
>overweight and balding
Nothing but lies. Move along folks, nothing to see here.
>>
>>28572810
It's been a while since college, and I wasn't always overweight and depressed. Was always balding though.

>>28572618
What I'm trying to get at though, is that there isn't really a proper way to interact with the world. I come on here and see hundreds of posts saying "you can't get a girlfriend unless you're 6'4" and work out and work as an engineer and drive a BMW and have a nine inch banana cock" and not a single one of those is true. You can say it's not about what you have or don't have, but clearly a lot of people think that's the case.

I do see what you're saying. And I'll admit, it's pretty hard for me to understand. For me it's always been that a large majority of the population finds me awkward or disgusting, so I just forget that they exist and only focus on the people that like me.

>>28572679
I have no idea how to change for the better. I'd say most of you are probably doing better than I am based on my OP.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.