[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WASTEWATER GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: wastewater.jpg (12 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
wastewater.jpg
12 KB, 275x183
Hey guys, I'm drunk and it's that time again. I work in waste water and I am here to answer all your questions regarding what happens after you shit/other assorted things you fuckers flush down the toilet that you shouldn't. I also treat the water that some of you drink out of the tap.
>>
I hear they're monitoring our sewage for drugs. How's that shit?
>>
>>28571555
By drugs what do you mean? Like cocaine, heroin, weed? Or prescription pills?
>>
How long did it take for you to get used to the overwhelming smell of shit?
>>
>>28571587
I work in a lab most of the day and I only have to sample something that smells kinda bad once a day so not very long. You're thinking of general labor waste water worker who work way harder and in more dangerous conditions than you ever had. They're exposed to so much shit, no pun intended, that you will never be.
>>
>>28571635
>general labor waste water worker
what are they needed for? Aren't they replaced by machines/software yet?
>>
>>28571537
is waste water recycled in any meaningful capacity or does it just get discharged right into the sea (whether or not it's "treated" in any sense)
>>
Thanks for cleaning my water OP. Hopefully I'm not causing too much of a hassle for you.
>>
>>28571719
A machine can't get called out to a certain junction at a pipe and asses the problem, fix it and relay back to me what the environmental repercussions would be.

So lets say some fag was a water line from the city we are responsible for runs into his house. His cum jugs overflow and clog our water ways with my little pony figures and ammo. We have to clear it and test it.

We are not responsible for the pipes in your house.
>>
File: 1463207560439.png (71 KB, 1456x1108) Image search: [Google]
1463207560439.png
71 KB, 1456x1108
Interested.
What are you testing for? Is this a facility that directly treats water that comes out of our tap or potty water. Or are those the same thing.
>>
>>28571537
do mobs dump bodys in the sewers? what is the worst you ever heard about?
>>
What is the worst thing that showed up in your lab?
>>
>>28571537
do you hold the power to kill everyone in the city?
>>
>>28571765
Waste water by definition is recycled. What the process means may shock some people. We take out rags (your fucking tampons, baby wipes, and whatever else bullshit you think is okay to flush down the toilette). We purge pathogens through chemical processes and balance out all the Ph. We aren't some evil GOVT boogeyman.

>>28571817
I test for E. Coli, lead, aluminum, phosphorus, DO, Ph, VFC, VOC, everything senpai.

Your potty water has already been treated, you make work for us by flushing. Tap is what we make.
>>
>>28571581
Prescriptions, stuff that makes it through your guts.
>>
Strangest day on the job? Any on-location deaths? And close calls? Anything interesting? Please greentext any of this you want to answer.
>>
Do you wash your hands between handling waste water and treating tap water?
>>
>>28571851
No bodies yet, although I did joke about that and ask as we did the rounds to lighten the mood. I live in a rural state. We don't have that problem where I live. Dead animals are more of a concern.

>>28571879
Worst thing would be the EPA, hyuck hyuck hyuck. I want to work or them. Please hire me.

>>28571906
Yes, we honestly do, You would never know and it would be too late before anyone found out. Water resources are not secure enough.
>>
How much school did you have to do to get to this point
My family is really into environmental science and biology so this is interesting to see on 4chan of all places
>>
> I work in waste water
> I also treat the water that some of you drink out of the tap.

You should switch the pipes one day. "It's just a prank bro!"

>>28571635

I've heard those guys have to go fishing to unclog all the shit-covered condoms from the filter?
>>
>>28571930
Well you hit my personal concern point. I think we don't filter out all that prescription shit at all. I went to school for environmental science and no one cares about all the shit people piss into the system. You get your own reply because I hate endocrine disrupting shit.
>>
>>28572015
Same anon, if you could make people do something to make your job easier/make things better, what would you want done?
>>
>>28571537
My area (US) seems to require boiling water once or twice a year. Why do they keep fucking up?
>>
>>28571537
I took a couple classes in this, ended up failing outta community college and working full time at a pizza resteraunt. That's the way she goes. Not really, I didn't try.
>>
>>28571947
The other day we had a kid (21 yo) gouge himself with a screwdriver that was used on jobs and it wont keep spewing puss. He seems to think that squeezing it out is okay but he got something. That's a gnarly infection.

>>28571963
They are separate plants

>>28572015
Honestly? I was in school for environmental science, but I bullshitted my way in. I never graduated but I knew more than the old folk. They see me as some god send smart man.
>>
>>28572056
A rudimentary schooling in environmental science that wasn't based in liberal bullshit.
>>
>>28571537
Do you currently have any progress on decreasing foaming while cleaning the waste water?
>>
>>28572198
What do you define as foam?
>>
File: 980x[1].jpg (124 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
980x[1].jpg
124 KB, 960x960
>>28571537

Have you seen some kind of sabotage in your workplace? Maybe somebody went to work on a bad mood and started to break pipes or mess up with the tests?

Have you done /mischief/ in there, just for fun?
>>
>>28572045
Well, also stuff like this:
http://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/pressroom/presspacs/2014/acs-presspac-june-11-2014/gauging-local-illicit-drug-use-in-real-time-could-help-police-fight-abuse.html

>tracking "abuse"
>no mention of actually filtering it out
>>
>>28572263
Nah, no one is like that. Honestly thinking about it, we do have a lot of power but people don't see themselves in that way. We are trying to keep everything functioning despite peoples disgust of us.
>>
>>28571537
Its funny you bring this thread up I manage waste water for a massive city, and yes I am an old fag I could be your boss
>>
>>28571537
working in a water treatment place seems interesting
>>
>>28572370
Nah you ain't my boss.

>>28572292
Illicit is the least of our worries. The testing we really need to keep people, mostly kids safe, is beyond what municipalities would pay.
>>
File: 1462504817796.png (331 KB, 563x348) Image search: [Google]
1462504817796.png
331 KB, 563x348
>>28571929
Thank you, friendo.
No fluoride in our water? ;)
Is tap water actually clean and safe after you send it through? And are the pipes that transport our water/and inside our home; are aforementioned pipes generally clean and sterile? Or does it go through a cesspool lining the plumbing of my house.
>>
>>28572403
You might be suprised, what state are you in?
>>
1. Are there pigs in the sewers?
2. I heard that they sell nitrogen back to whoever for fertilizer. Do you do that? Is it lucrative?
>>
>>28571929
>tampons
why isn't it ok to flush those?
>>
>>28571537
I can better answer any question, I wont its the weekend I deal with this all day, but keep working and most likely you are a useless slug
>>
>>28572396
It honestly is, I would have never thought that before I worked here. I bet everyone says that.

>>28572411
No fluoride in our town at least.
I can't speak for other town, counties, municipalities.

Regardless, it doesn't matter how good your local water people are, you could still have lead pipes in your house and then turn around and accuse us of poisoning you, Your infrastructure is the problem, not ours.
>>
>>28572430
Give me your FEMA region.

>>28572469
They block up all our systems the same as baby wipes, condoms, all that shit.
>>
>>28571929
>flushing wet wipes isn't okay
you expect me to toss shit covered wipes in the trash??
>>
>>28572497
HEY SANITATION-CHAN
What do I buy if I wanna test my house's water for lead? Like, what's the ideal home kit to get?
>>
>>28572547
What brand are you looking at?

Most of them are over priced as all scientific equipment is overpriced.

Your best bet is calling up you local university and asking them to test it.
>>
>>28571537
Does no one care about their water anymore?
>>
File: p.png (60 KB, 268x436) Image search: [Google]
p.png
60 KB, 268x436
>>28571537
Hey wastewaterbro, I remember a thread you made a while back. If you were the same faggot, that is.

I got a job with the local irrigation district, at the moment I'm just doing reservoir maintenance for a couple bucks above minimum wage. But I'm fulltime and I get to drive company trucks, it's fairly cozy.

I'm assuming it'd look good on my resume to have this experience when I call up the shitwater place and ask for a job, or whatever. A job in the water industry really does look cozy, at my reservoir we really don't do shit 75% of the time, just drive the truck around and move things every now and then to make the bosses think we're busy.
>>
>>28573005
Ya found me, I'm glad you're in here too. What is your question?
>>
>>28572610
Which dept. would I call? Should I offer to pay them or anything?
>>
I remember that episode of Insomniac where Dave goes to a facility where OP works. Excellent show. I hate the word but it truly is a comfy show.
>>
>>28571537 #

Do you ever keep some of the stuff you find?
>>
>>28573099
You're better off calling your local state university.
Environmental science first, chem next, then,maybe bio if you wanna deal with a buncha stacies.
>>
Do they know how many cum tissues I am throwing away?
>>
>>28573070
meh, guess I don't have any specific question. I'm just going to try to apply somewhere in the irrigation/wastewater/whatever industry after this summer, I have a job at the reservoir until September-ish. At that point there's a chance they'll make me a year-round employee (which is possible, I used to be a construction worker, I'm honestly doing pretty fucking well at a job where they're used to hiring stoners and welfare queens) but if they don't I'm going to try and get into something like your place. I'm currently fulltime, too, which is nice.

You just cold-called them and sent them your resume, huh?
>>
File: fs.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
fs.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>I assume by your broken taco language you mean that normal white people can drink it. Yes Juan, we have mastered water that people can drink.
>>
>>28572497
what do you think of fluoridegate? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpw5fGt4UvI
>>
>>28573308
Not even a resume, I just said I wanted to be your lab guy and their dude was about to retire. Just bee your self.
>>
>>28573501
We don't use fluoride, but I think it's bad and I wouldn't do it if we did.
>>
>>28571766
underrated post

i feel bad not saying anything
>>
>>28572521
this is pretty much why i dont use condoms and throw all my tampons in the recycle bin
>>
>>28573822
Well thank you.
>>
>>28573837
no problem man i always try to think of others. i myself am a cleaner. so i know dem feels.
>>
>>28571537
do you have any pictures of where you work. like the machinery or inside the filth tanks and such

sincerely, bored bot
>>
>>28573899
Sorry, could be tracked based upon our plant, believe it or not. I wish I could.
>>
>>28573954
so...how bout that water huh. pretty neat stuff amirite?
>>
>>28574018
Yeah,you can like drink it and all that.
>>
File: 2016-04-18 16.35.54-2.jpg (395 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-18 16.35.54-2.jpg
395 KB, 1280x1920
>>28573954
Where in the plant do you jack off, and do you ever put your jizz in the water? Either through cumming directly into the water, or keeping it somehow and later depositing it into the water? Do you do it in the pre- or post-treatment water?

On a side note, what jobs did you hold before getting this job, and what experience/education did you have that was in any way relevant to getting it, past a simple HS diploma?

Here's some tits for your glorious contribution to my continuous freshwater supply, my Aryan friend.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.